ADVERTISEMENT

Rahmir Johnson

A lot of times the media reports out of camp can be misleading because the coaches are usually answering specific questions. That means that if a reporter doesn't ask about a certain player, that player doesn't get mentioned even if he's doing well.

Mills-bruiser
Rahmir-burner
Mo-slasher
Wan’dale-shifty

Yup. And all four are fast as shit. Even Mills, who I have seen is definitely more of a bruising, downhill runner, is by no means slow. He moves his ass along at a BRISK clip.

He'll have a lot to learn but I think if Wan'dale wasn't in this class we'd have been gassing the fires about RJ all winter. I really like his HS film, sounds like from that Held quote he's feeling a little unsure of it sometimes with trusting his eyes and putting a foot in the ground. To be expected with a new offense.

It's pretty amazing honestly how under the radar he has been with as good and as fast as he is. I would expect him to be in more than 4 games this year.

Yup. And all four are fast as shit. Even Mills, who I have seen is definitely more of a bruising, downhill runner, is by no means slow. He moves his ass along at a BRISK clip.
Mills won't jump cut you as much as the other guys, he's gonna cut to your back shoulder and then blast through your attempt to grab him. That "Nebraska Drill" clip, he back shoulders a DL and just blows through the arm tackle and attacks it very vertically.

Please believe that a dude like him running inside zone is going to cause absolute hell for defenses. His presence creates that threat that if you overcommit outside you're getting B-gapped for a huge chunk of yards because he sees a crease and he attacks it with hate in his heart.

I'm more excited about him than I would be 3 more guys who can clock a 100 under 11.0 because of what it opens up for their core package of inside and outside zone. His presence forcing them to keep LBs looking inside is going to create explosive plays for keepers and triples.

Mills won't jump cut you as much as the other guys, he's gonna cut to your back shoulder and then blast through your attempt to grab him. That "Nebraska Drill" clip, he back shoulders a DL and just blows through the arm tackle and attacks it very vertically.

Please believe that a dude like him running inside zone is going to cause absolute hell for defenses. His presence creates that threat that if you overcommit outside you're getting B-gapped for a huge chunk of yards because he sees a crease and he attacks it with hate in his heart.

I'm more excited about him than I would be 3 more guys who can clock a 100 under 11.0 because of what it opens up for their core package of inside and outside zone. His presence forcing them to keep LBs looking inside is going to create explosive plays for keepers and triples.
Here's a clip from practice, today, that shows a little of what you're talking about.

Here's a clip from practice, today, that shows a little of what you're talking about.

He really shows the difference between just weighing a certain amount and running with power. You absolutely are not going to tackle him with anything less than an excellent effort.

I cant wait to see the formations and play calls with all the offensive playmakers and potential playmakers they have at there fingertips. If these young men live up to local and national hype this could be a crazy fun season to watch. It has been pretty amazing watching how this offensive personal and scheme has been flipped in a year.

Mills-bruiser
Rahmir-burner
Mo-slasher
Wan’dale-shifty
I agree and its so exciting!!

Potential add ons:
Miles Jones-burner
Wyatt Mazour-shifty

Jaylin Bradley seems to best fit in to your "slasher" column but something has been lacking. If he slims down, I think he'd have a better shot to make a difference for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT