ADVERTISEMENT

Positives, Negatives, and why I think we will beat UW

Oct 7, 2012
The Good:

1. Unlike the last 2 years I didn't feel we were completely overmatched physically by OSU. It was still apparent with their secondary against our WR's, but the talent gap is closing.

2. Line play. Stille will continue to be solid. Ty Robinson, Casey Rogers, Keem Green all looked capable. Daniels never flashed too much, but he held his own.

3. QB's. Martinez may not be the answer, but he looks more like the Freshman than sophomore version. TBD if he can improve his downfield passing, but he looked much more decisive again.

4. Special Teams. Not Beamer Ball by any means but they appear to have improved to at least average this year. That's a huge step.

The Bad:

1. Discipline. Penalties, Fumbles, Targeting (still bitter over those sh1tty calls). Has to improve. HCSF has to be better with this.

2. Where's Wan'Dale? I know we want him in the slot. But we have not found a way to effectively use him in this position since he's been here. He's our most dynamic player outside of the QB position and he needs the ball in his hands. He's never going to be a downfield threat due to his size and for some reason we cannot get the screen game going. I want him motioning into the backfield or on sweep every other play to at least make the Defense think about him.

3. WR separation. Manning, Betts, Fleming... One of them has to come around quickly. I really like Warner as a player (bad drop saturday) - but he's not going to be effective without speed around him. We need someone to open up that space.

4. Pass rush. Tannor looked somewhat improved. G Nelson plays hard, but not much quickness and appears to be guessing a lot. This will hold us back more than anything this year I'm afraid.

We will beat Wisconsin because I think, for the first time since our meetings in 2011, we will win the LOS. Illinois looked worse than UW looked good, IYAM. Huskers by 7.

Football is back. Go Big Red!

The Good:

1. Unlike the last 2 years I didn't feel we were completely overmatched physically by OSU. It was still apparent with their secondary against our WR's, but the talent gap is closing.

2. Line play. Stille will continue to be solid. Ty Robinson, Casey Rogers, Keem Green all looked capable. Daniels never flashed too much, but he held his own.

3. QB's. Martinez may not be the answer, but he looks more like the Freshman than sophomore version. TBD if he can improve his downfield passing, but he looked much more decisive again.

4. Special Teams. Not Beamer Ball by any means but they appear to have improved to at least average this year. That's a huge step.

The Bad:

1. Discipline. Penalties, Fumbles, Targeting (still bitter over those sh1tty calls). Has to improve. HCSF has to be better with this.

2. Where's Wan'Dale? I know we want him in the slot. But we have not found a way to effectively use him in this position since he's been here. He's our most dynamic player outside of the QB position and he needs the ball in his hands. He's never going to be a downfield threat due to his size and for some reason we cannot get the screen game going. I want him motioning into the backfield or on sweep every other play to at least make the Defense think about him.

3. WR separation. Manning, Betts, Fleming... One of them has to come around quickly. I really like Warner as a player (bad drop saturday) - but he's not going to be effective without speed around him. We need someone to open up that space.

4. Pass rush. Tannor looked somewhat improved. G Nelson plays hard, but not much quickness and appears to be guessing a lot. This will hold us back more than anything this year I'm afraid.

We will beat Wisconsin because I think, for the first time since our meetings in 2011, we will win the LOS. Illinois looked worse than UW looked good, IYAM. Huskers by 7.

Football is back. Go Big Red!

agree with most and some of it you are premature. It was one game and against OSU Buckeyes. Let’s wait a game or two down the road and then let’s come back to this. Gauging us after playing a team like OSU, who’s every bit as good as it better then Clemson, Bama, Georgia and so on...not the right time.

Reactions: Husker5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT