ADVERTISEMENT

Players transfering

westcliffe

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 17, 2006
I have no memory of players who transferred when Frank, Callahan or Bo was fired. Foe a player to transfer means a lost year of completion and a shortened college career. Consider POB. He would be Junior before he could contribute and build a reputation. The same would be true for any red shirt freshman who has played. A true red shirt likeness Gebia could sit a year and still play as a Soph. Of course they could go to a non D1 school and play immediately, but not sure that would be a good option either. I think once the new coach is on board with his staff everything will settle down . Of course the new coach could keep some existing staff and that might ease the trauma. For QB’s new coaching might even improve their performance.

I'm not too worried, Bo pretty much told the players to consider transferring after he left, yet very few did. Riley is all class and I'm sure encouraged the players to give the next staff a chance.

It seems like many of our receivers are very sad about losing coach Williams, but if Frost is the next coach, I think they'll get over it pretty quickly. Tyjon Lindsey already followed Frost on Twitter.

I'm not too worried, Bo pretty much told the players to consider transferring after he left, yet very few did. Riley is all class and I'm sure encouraged the players to give the next staff a chance.

It seems like many of our receivers are very sad about losing coach Williams, but if Frost is the next coach, I think they'll get over it pretty quickly. Tyjon Lindsey already followed Frost on Twitter.

Good to hear about Lindsey. I am/was worried about him. Given the quiet year he has had, though, he might not have many better options. We desperately need all our WRs to stay, including Stanley. I’m worried about him declaring.

JD tweeted just this am that losing Williams as his coach puts him in uncertain situation. That would suck losing him BUT I also believe once these kids see what Frost can do and has done with his offense that this will be the best thing to ever happen to them in their Husker career.

Good to hear about Lindsey. I am/was worried about him. Given the quiet year he has had, though, he might not have many better options. We desperately need all our WRs to stay, including Stanley. I’m worried about him declaring.

Stanley won’t declare. He’d be lucky to get drafted. Maybe a late round flyer.

If Frost is the next coach at Nebraska then Tyjon Lindsey would be just the type of player Frost loves, he would get carries out of the back field, screens and reverses, jet sweeps and of course the ball would be thrown to him as well.

Stanley won’t declare. He’d be lucky to get drafted. Maybe a late round flyer.

We'll see, but I have a hard time believing he would not warrant a mid-round pick. I'm not sure of his 40 time, but he has the numbers and size to be a potential 2nd-3rd round pick. His hands have been suspect, and if his 40 isn't good, then it becomes a lot less certain. I think he is at least a 4th round pick.

I`ve always said if you don`t want to be here, see ya.
This is the bottom line for any team under any circumstance. It doesn't benefit the player to stay in a situation that he does not want and the team does not need a player not committed in every way.

Agree with a prior poster though, foolish to make a hasty decision. Better to be patient and assess your level of comfort under a new coaching staff.

Having to sit out ayear SHOULD be enough penalty to make players seeing playing time reconsider transferring. Any reports of it right now is strictly emotions of your coach being let go. PATIENCE, and see who is brought in as HC. They will like what they see unless they WANT to be undisciplined and NOT work hard. If so, only hurting themselves.

Reactions: BigRedLegion

Too many drops. Would not go high enough to make it worth leaving early.

if they want to go, then don't let the door hit them in the ass, we have seen what this group does, and it ain't pretty. move on if you don't want to work and think you are entitled to everything, bring the new boss in and see what happens, i bet some will go because they won't be used to working as hard as they ever will.

I have no memory of players who transferred when Frank, Callahan or Bo was fired. Foe a player to transfer means a lost year of completion and a shortened college career. Consider POB. He would be Junior before he could contribute and build a reputation. The same would be true for any red shirt freshman who has played. A true red shirt likeness Gebia could sit a year and still play as a Soph. Of course they could go to a non D1 school and play immediately, but not sure that would be a good option either. I think once the new coach is on board with his staff everything will settle down . Of course the new coach could keep some existing staff and that might ease the trauma. For QB’s new coaching might even improve their performance.
Players with any sense will go through spring ball and see where they stand.

We have a bigger problem on the defensive side of the ball at the moment not that the cup board is bare.

But the mentality needs to change 100% need to play physical and attaching defense.

More players that leave opens up more scholarships for players that want to play for Nebraska.

More players that leave opens up more scholarships for players that want to play for Nebraska.
Yeah but you don't want to have to do what Lovie did starting a bunch of true freshmen. You want guys with experience to stay this year especially since this recruiting class will probably be pretty soft.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree. Attaching defense sounds neat, if not totally incoherent and ignorant. But hey, whatever works I quess

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT