ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The PGA Tour, LIV Golf and the NCAA

Not just Rory, but there were about 5-6 prominent PGA Tour members who had similar responses. Rory just became the mouthpiece. Guys like Tiger, JT, Scheffler, etc. have to be pretty upset. (Full disclosure: I hate Tiger so I don't care about him - but the other guys were some of my favs).
I just hope with the merger that they don’t turn the traditional PGA events in to the clown shows I’ve seen when I’ve watched some of the LIV events.

I just hope with the merger that they don’t turn the traditional PGA events in to the clown shows I’ve seen when I’ve watched some of the LIV events.
just to be clear - you do plan on watching despite a Saudi literally being named Chairman of the Board of the PGA & the PIF becoming a premier sponsor of the Tour by way of cutting a potential $1B check directly to the Tour?

LOL

just to be clear - you do plan on watching despite a Saudi literally being named Chairman of the Board of the PGA & the PIF becoming a premier sponsor of the Tour by way of cutting a potential $1B check directly to the Tour?

LOL
I love watching PGA golf. I’m sad that they sold out to say the least.

LOL
If you can't beat em...join em!

LIV did what, 1 full season, with bad ratings and still brought the PGA to its knees. Amazing.

WOW!!!!!

This is one of the biggest headlines in sports recently just in general…. And couldn’t be happier. LIV and their Capitalism straight up WON against the PC/Woke PGA Tour. This is as it SHOULD be.

Unless you’re from Saudi Arabia, why does anyone here give a shit about what goes on there? They’re not us. If some billionaire wants his own golf league and is willing to pay someone exponentially more than what they’d make on the PGA tour, WHY NOT? How does THAT affect YOU? It’s not like the Saudi Gubmint is wasting your hard-earned tax money…

There are corporations right here in the good ol’ USA committing much worse atrocities than the Saudi government, being committed by way worse pieces of shit than the Muslims over there. Maybe 9/11 was worse, but I don’t blame LIV for that. Depends on your perspective, IMHO…

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_

LOL
This will boost ratings A LOT….

If you can't beat em...join em!

LIV did what, 1 full season, with bad ratings and still brought the PGA to its knees. Amazing.
10 months

I'd also like to be clear that I hate the saudis & think they're morally bankrupt murderous cave people who spent billions of dollars to kill thousands of Americans.

I am in no way happy about their coopting the PGA Tour, but, as @HuskerOH discussed, you evolve or die in business

the PGA Tour have nobody to blame but themselves, and the people who vilified the individuals who took the bag were aiming their rightful displeasure at the wrong thing entirely.

everybody should've been pissed at the Tour from the start, not the players who were simply playing by the Tour's own rules.

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
this is hilarious. Im happy to see the PGA eat the bullshit they have been spreading for 2 years. This was done to save their own ass. If they didn't merge they would have been laughed out of anti-trust court and lost their tax exempt status. Jay Monahan is a scumbag.

this is hilarious. Im happy to see the PGA eat the bullshit they have been spreading for 2 years. This was done to save their own ass. If they didn't merge they would have been laughed out of anti-trust court and lost their tax exempt status. Jay Monahan is a scumbag.

A sh*tty part about all this is that none of the media even came close to doing an in-depth analysis of the entire situation. All we got was the sanctimonious, vindictive PGA Tour who sent out their star players to vilify the LIV tour in an effort to create animosity and divert the facts away from the common folk. The media played along entirely and did nothing but criticize and condemn LIV. Dipsh*ts that work at ESPN (including you SVP....), Golf Digest, and all the major "news" outlets could have seen something had to be done between the 2 tours. All I ever heard from the "news" is the PGA Tour had no worries, liability, and they would eventually crush the LIV in every single lawsuit. It only took 10 months (assuming Kong's timeline is correct) to prove this false. Imagine how the LIV would have been treated in the beginning if the "supposed 4th rail" of our society had done their job???

A sh*tty part about all this is that none of the media even came close to doing an in-depth analysis of the entire situation. All we got was the sanctimonious, vindictive PGA Tour who sent out their star players to vilify the LIV tour in an effort to create animosity and divert the facts away from the common folk. The media played along entirely and did nothing but criticize and condemn LIV. Dipsh*ts that work at ESPN (including you SVP....), Golf Digest, and all the major "news" outlets could have seen something had to be done between the 2 tours. All I ever heard from the "news" is the PGA Tour had no worries, liability, and they would eventually crush the LIV in every single lawsuit. It only took 10 months (assuming Kong's timeline is correct) to prove this false. Imagine how the LIV would have been treated in the beginning if the "supposed 4th rail" of our society had done their job???
yep

now same media people saying "nobody had any idea!", "nobody saw this coming!"

perhaps they should be tuning in to this beautiful website for clear-headed thinking on such matters

hey, chin up

you and @AVeritas can always get together on Sundays to discuss your moral superiority instead
Where has that sanctimonious gasbag gone? Doesn't he know we desperately need his guidance on which golfers to root for?

10 months

I'd also like to be clear that I hate the saudis & think they're morally bankrupt murderous cave people who spent billions of dollars to kill thousands of Americans.

I am in no way happy about their coopting the PGA Tour, but, as @HuskerOH discussed, you evolve or die in business

the PGA Tour have nobody to blame but themselves, and the people who vilified the individuals who took the bag were aiming their rightful displeasure at the wrong thing entirely.

everybody should've been pissed at the Tour from the start, not the players who were simply playing by the Tour's own rules.
Can stand on the steps of the US Capitol, turn in a circle and find folks fitting this description….. everywhere you look. At least there are actually innocent people in Saudi Arabia. We’re guilty of more, and worse. Almost hard to believe they’re even trying to compare the two:

$$$$$$. Just a money grab. No doubt the guys who made this decision got some nice checks deposited in an off shore bank.
I know we will never really know but I wonder how rich some of those Saudi families really are.

Easily some of the richest people in the world and some of the most powerful.

I know we will never really know but I wonder how rich some of those Saudi families really are.

Easily some of the richest people in the world and some of the most powerful.
The fund that just bought the pga tour is worth $640B

And that’s just a piece of the pie

7ouj1e.jpg

• Haha
  • Haha
Name Phil Mickelson as team captain for the U.S. in 2025 immediately!!! The 2025 Ryder Cup will be the most watched, most exciting, most talked about event in the history of golf.

people like me will simply stop watching golf. i have no interest whatsoever in exhibitions - zero, zip. team golf is just awful. it's like boy/girl contests. yuko.

so they can take their gobs of money and stick it up their pie hole for all i care. i won't be watching. a truly great, merit-based sport, is cratering to saudi oil. good luck with that.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
people like me will simply stop watching golf. i have no interest whatsoever in exhibitions - zero, zip. team golf is just awful. it's like boy/girl contests. yuko.

so they can take their gobs of money and stick it up their pie hole for all i care. i won't be watching. a truly great, merit-based sport, is cratering to saudi oil. good luck with that.
Good for you? Feel better?

Tyrell Hatton announced today that he has joined LIV. He will be on Jon Rahm’s team. Hatton was in the field for the AT&T at Pebble Beach this week but is expected to withdraw.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT