ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The PGA Tour, LIV Golf and the NCAA

Why do you think the PGA has anything against tie Saudis ,, they told the players they can’t be on the LIV tour and the PGA tour. They would say the same if the LIV was backed by anyone.
I don't think that. the PGA Tour has been in business (directly or indirectly) with the Saudis for decades

it's clear many fans of the game, however, believe that an individual dealing directly with the Saudis is grounds for excommunication

these same hypocrites tend to take the moral high ground as their one and only means of argument, which I find delightful

I don't think that. the PGA Tour has been in business (directly or indirectly) with the Saudis for decades

it's clear many fans of the game, however, believe that an individual dealing directly with the Saudis is grounds for excommunication

these same hypocrites tend to take the moral high ground as their one and only means of argument, which I find delightful
I have golfed since I was 7 played competitively in HS and college. I am not a LIV fan because it goes against a lot of golf pursuits. Guys wearing shorts during competition concerts in the back round. The only thing on Tje PGA Tour that comes close is 16 at the Waste Management.i personally don’t have anything against any LIV golfer .Z
Some would offer me 125 Million at age 25 (Cam Smith) be almost impossible to turn down. I honestly didn’t know if the Masters would actually let them in or not. I know someone close to a Board Member at Augusta and they said it wasn’t a cut and dried situation to let them in .and I am talking about Phil and any past Champions on the LIV.

I have argued one single thing about LIV - that it's good overall for golfers

record purses and major viewership since it's advent would support this

I have never said it's entertaining. I have never said it will be successful (though it's easily deduced that it already has been). I have never argued literally any point except the first sentence in this post.

because you're a single-minded dipshit, you fail to grasp this concept
Now that they’ve shook up the brass, hopefully LIV dies soon so we can get back to watching all of the best on the PGA tour.

most all golfers who loathe liv not because of its saudi ties, which are bad enough, but because of the meritless format. we understand why you want to make it about the former though.

it's a reflection of what i hear and see in media and on the course, plus liv tv ratings add validation.
Do you think the golfers loathe the massively increased purses they’re now playing for as a direct result of LIV?

some obviously do - like tiger and rory - others who joined liv see it as a godsend. i don't watch liv. most people who play the game who i know don't watch it either.
Here’s Rory talking about how LIV spurred much needed changes

Sure sounds like a guy who hates playing for more money

“LIV coming along, it’s definitely had a massive impact on the game, but I think everyone who is a professional golfer is going to benefit from it going forward.”

You are talking out of your ass. Your opinions here are extremely feelings driven in the face of actual information (oh the irony)

Reactions: Gary.Busey
Here’s Rory talking about how LIV spurred much needed changes

Sure sounds like a guy who hates playing for more money

“LIV coming along, it’s definitely had a massive impact on the game, but I think everyone who is a professional golfer is going to benefit from it going forward.”

You are talking out of your ass. Your opinions here are extremely feelings driven in the face of actual information (oh the irony)
Who really cares about how much money any of them are making. It really doesn't matter to me at all. What does matter is that LIV golf sucks and is primarily an old, past their prime, loser tour that nobody watches.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
LIV event in Tulsa has a 3-player sudden death playoff between DJ, Cam Smith, and Brendan Grace. Pretty good star power. DJ overcomes a triple bogey to get into the playoff by drilling a 10-12 foot birdie on the last hole.

Did the PGA play this week?? 😀

LIV event in Tulsa has a 3-player sudden death playoff between DJ, Cam Smith, and Brendan Grace. Pretty good star power. DJ overcomes a triple bogey to get into the playoff by drilling a 10-12 foot birdie on the last hole.

Star power? Let’s put the top 15 on the PGA against the top 15 on the LIV , not even a contest. By the way what channel is tje LIV on ? Pay for view?

Star power? Let’s put the top 15 on the PGA against the top 15 on the LIV , not even a contest. By the way what channel is tje LIV on ? Pay for view?

Top 15 vs. Top 15 would be equal in head-to-head matchup over a 10 event competition.

What does the channel the event is televised on have anything to do with the quality of golf? I never watch CBS unless it is a PGA event, March Madness, or An occasional SEC football game. TV is TV…

I guess I didn't know the LIV played this week. You and 200,000 other people might have known but, really, LIV sucks balls and nobody cares about their pre-senior tour. At least this week, they will be playing in a real golf tournament.

I guess I didn't know the LIV played this week. You and 200,000 other people might have known but, really, LIV sucks balls and nobody cares about their pre-senior tour. At least this week, they will be playing in a real golf tournament.

Both tours are worth watching, assuming a person likes golf on TV. The LIV event was better this week than the PGA. Better golf as more top name players on the leaderboard.

The individual competition is similar on both tours. Still haven't gotten used to the team competition. That is going to take a lot more time to weave into a person's mindset, but the players seem to enjoy it and embrace it. Nothing wrong with that.

Golf is golf. TV is TV.

Ha, you didn't watch the playoff either but felt the need to post garbage about the tour. That's funny you even wrote this post supporting the lame LIV when the cartoon network didn't even show the playoff and nobody saw it. Instead, reruns of the Goldbergs, informercials, and other programming (including in the host city of Tulsa) were shown instead of this "supposed" great tour's playoff. Do you think CBS would have cut away from a playoff with this incredible "star power"? Or maybe it is just a lame tour. LIV is an over-the-hill golf league with like five viable players that nobody cares about except Tim, Ding Dong, and Gary. No world golf points for you!

Ha, you didn't watch the playoff either but felt the need to post garbage about the tour. That's funny you even wrote this post supporting the lame LIV when the cartoon network didn't even show the playoff and nobody saw it. Instead, reruns of the Goldbergs, informercials, and other programming (including in the host city of Tulsa) were shown instead of this "supposed" great tour's playoff. Do you think CBS would have cut away from a playoff with this incredible "star power"? Or maybe it is just a lame tour. LIV is an over-the-hill golf league with like five viable players that nobody cares about except Tim, Ding Dong, and Gary. No world golf points for you!

My TV showed the playoff, so not sure what you are talking about. Also, not sure why so much animosity since the PGA keeps going toward the LIV model. I like watching golf, whether it is the LIV or PGA. I actually wish the PGA would have done more when this situation was becoming closer to reality. They could have avoided all of this but instead chose to be vindictive and sanctimonious.

I like players on both tours.

LIV’s on CW. It’s easy to watch, and they’re awesome. They’re also not going away, and will keep poaching talent from the PGA. Not disappointed. PGA players are getting paid more, mysteriously…
Just download the LIV+ app to your smart TV. It's kinda nice watching a live, interesting tourney from Australia/Singapore/etc at 9pm.

As long as Koepka doesn’t shank it from the fairway on 18, he is going to make it tough for Zach Johnson to leave him off the Ryder Cup team….

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: king_kong_
From 6/11/22:
a prediction - someone from the LIV tour will win a major by the end of the '23 season.

@WHCSC this didn’t even make it 24 hours!

Some of us know that you can’t predict the future. Others not so much.

Tough stuff, man. Thoughts and prayers to you and @dinglefritz, who of course liked your incorrect post the second it published

Not only is predicting the future imminently doable, it also pays handsomely ($50 on Brooks at +1900 = $950 payout)

My God, the haters/losers are having a rough go of it lately. Almost feel bad. Almost.

@WHCSC @dinglefritz another L for the "you can't predict the future" community

absolutely hilarious. this entire thing played out *EXACTLY* as I predicted

I’m pro competition and anti labor exploiting monopoly (you know, American)

LIV is no different than the usfl in the 80s

Pga has already bent the knee. The tours will unify again soon

imagine being one of the idiots who turned down all those millions just to grandstand for a Tour that obviously could care less about them?

https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-15-2016/uytCwW.gif
uytCwW.gif

I have no dog in this fight as I am not a golfer or fan and it's very difficult for me to feel sorry for somebody who places 36th in a torunament and takes home 89K for a 4 day worrk week....but the golfers who turned down the LIV have every right to feel like the PGA just stuck a knife in their back and twisted it....but in the end those golfers who refused to join didn't "sell out" and they have no choice but to feel like the PGA did.

Can we get a wellness check at the McIlroy residence

Not just Rory, but there were about 5-6 prominent PGA Tour members who had similar responses. Rory just became the mouthpiece. Guys like Tiger, JT, Scheffler, etc. have to be pretty upset. (Full disclosure: I hate Tiger so I don't care about him - but the other guys were some of my favs).

so are all those morally superior high horsers now going to turn off pro golf completely?

I guess there's always the US Amateur

RollingLaugh

"have you ever had to apologize for being a member of the PGA Tour?"
🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

the PGA Tour officials are EXACTLY who I knew they were @AVeritas

Last edited:

we're not ALL idiots, Jay

RollingLaugh

what a world class dipshit. the head of the PIF is now CHAIRMAN of the PGA Policy Board, as well as PIF becoming a premier corporate sponsor of the PGA Tour.

wow. PGA Tour setting a new bar in cuckery.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjlSker90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT