ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The PGA Tour, LIV Golf and the NCAA

LIV is never going to win the anti-trust suit. The Saudis would be open to discovery and depositions and they aren't going to do that. For the most part, LIV is for old men and players on the downside of their careers. Besides Koepka, look at the clowns who have won their events. Only Harold Varner seems to speak the truth about that tour. LIV is a third rate tour.
and brooks as much as admitted that he went liv because he thought injuries prevented him from competing on the pga. this whole liv argument is such a fraud: oh, liv came in second. lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
and brooks as much as admitted that he went liv because he thought injuries prevented him from competing on the pga. this whole liv argument is such a fraud: oh, liv came in second. lol.
the PGA calendar will be completely overhauled next year because of one thing and one thing only

but please continue to ignore it as you see fit

the PGA calendar will be completely overhauled next year because of one thing and one thing only

but please continue to ignore it as you see fit
Changes don't mean that LIV isn't weak. At least PGA tour professionals don't have to wear their PGA approved clothing like the LIVers. If you want to play on a tour that nobody watches or cares about, LIV is for you. The Saudis are already cutting costs and it's year two. They have like five of 48 golfers who are still top class (and that doesn't include Mickleson). They will continue to have golfers make top 25s and even possibly win here or there but, overall, it's not even a second rate tour, it's third rate. Also, how committed is Koepka when he didn't even wear his LIV mandated clothing. Kind of funny. I think he was kind of embarrassed. What do you think?

Changes don't mean that LIV isn't weak. At least PGA tour professionals don't have to wear their PGA approved clothing like the LIVers. If you want to play on a tour that nobody watches or cares about, LIV is for you. The Saudis are already cutting costs and it's year two. They have like five of 48 golfers who are still top class (and that doesn't include Mickleson). They will continue to have golfers make top 25s and even possibly win here or there but, overall, it's not even a second rate tour, it's third rate. Also, how committed is Koepka when he didn't even wear his LIV mandated clothing. Kind of funny. I think he was kind of embarrassed. What do you think?
here's what I think:

players have been asking for common sense concessions to the Tour's archaic treatment of their players for a long, long time

the Tour's insistence on doing things as if it were 1981 opened a huge gap in player satisfaction as the dollars exploded. a tour alternative willing to guarantee contracts has been sitting there for a while, and clearly it spoke to many, many players

some here think pro golf wouldn't be anywhere without the Tour, but the Tour would certainly not be anywhere without pro golfers

there was room to meet in the middle instead of forcing guys out. instead, it stood its ground & has now scrambled in an attempt to stop the bleeding to accommodate players just as LIV has

I don't care about any of the minutia (clothing, etc) and believe LIV players will indeed be included in the WGR

and I also believe the outward hatred toward individuals who are doing exactly what the Tour has (take Saudi money) is completely hypocritical

The individual winner of each of the 3 LIV events this year made more in those wins than Rahm did winning the Masters.

Extremely watered down competition - less work (3 rounds) - much larger prize money on top of the guaranteed money

Easier and less work for more money - Pretty easy business decision

The individual winner of each of the 3 LIV events this year made more in those wins than Rahm did winning the Masters.

Extremely watered down competition - less work (3 rounds) - much larger prize money on top of the guaranteed money

Easier and less work for more money - Pretty easy business decision
If you don't care about legacy, don't care about being watched, and don't have to worry about the league surviving, yeah, easy decision. Also, I imagine Rahm makes more than any of the LIV players going forward on endorsements and there is huge money in that, just ask Tiger or Arnold Palmer for that matter. LIVers aren't going to get squat from endorsements going forward if nobody cares about their pre-senior, senior tour.

If you don't care about legacy, don't care about being watched, and don't have to worry about the league surviving, yeah, easy decision. Also, I imagine Rahm makes more than any of the LIV players going forward on endorsements and there is huge money in that, just ask Tiger or Arnold Palmer for that matter. LIVers aren't going to get squat from endorsements going forward if nobody cares about their pre-senior, senior tour.
this year's Masters - featuring 3 LIV players in the top 6, including the 36- and 54-hole leader - was the most watched since 2018 when Patrick Reed (LIV) won

you're pretty bad at arguing your points about this

it's pretty clear competition is great for golf, just like it's great for literally everything

this year's Masters - featuring 3 LIV players in the top 6, including the 36- and 54-hole leader - was the most watched since 2018 when Patrick Reed (LIV) won

you're pretty bad at arguing your points about this

it's pretty clear competition is great for golf, just like it's great for literally everything
LIV - 200,000 people watch the telecasts. They may be paying just to have their stuff telecasted. I think it helped the Masters this year that it was on Easter Sunday and there was Koepka to root against for a lot of people. But having written that, If there wasn't PGA guys playing in the Masters, the rating would be close to zero. If it's a LIV only event, nobody gives a crap. If you like pre-senior, senior tour golf, have at watching it.

Reactions: AVeritas
LIV - 200,000 people watch the telecasts. They may be paying just to have their stuff telecasted. I think it helped the Masters this year that it was on Easter Sunday and there was Koepka to root against for a lot of people. But having written that, If there wasn't PGA guys playing in the Masters, the rating would be close to zero. If it's a LIV only event, nobody gives a crap. If you like pre-senior, senior tour golf, have at watching it.
yea, dude. I'm sure nobody would watch Phil, Brooks, DJ, Reed, etc., compete at Augusta.

great job, as always, articulating your extraordinarily incorrect opinion

yea, dude. I'm sure nobody would watch Phil, Brooks, DJ, Reed, etc., compete at Augusta.

great job, as always, articulating your extraordinarily incorrect opinion
Ding Dong, with the exception of Cam Smith, you just named the only worthwhile players on LIV. You have your tongue so far down the LIV throat that your ability to reason is gone. Nobody watches LIV...get it? Nobody is going to tune in to watch five past their prime players and a bunch of old Euros unless they are playing against PGA players. The Masters on their cartoon network with only LIVers gets about 500,000 eyeballs instead of 200,000. The only compelling thing about the Masters was Rahm-Koepka. Phil and Ried were afterthoughts that never contended and got very limited coverage on TV. The pre-senior-senior, third rate LIV tour sucks, plain and simple.

Ding Dong, with the exception of Cam Smith, you just named the only worthwhile players on LIV. You have your tongue so far down the LIV throat that your ability to reason is gone. Nobody watches LIV...get it? Nobody is going to tune in to watch five past their prime players and a bunch of old Euros unless they are playing against PGA players. The Masters on their cartoon network with only LIVers gets about 500,000 eyeballs instead of 200,000. The only compelling thing about the Masters was Rahm-Koepka. Phil and Ried were afterthoughts that never contended and got very limited coverage on TV. The pre-senior-senior, third rate LIV tour sucks, plain and simple.
sucks so bad it's caused the entire PGA Tour schedule to adjust and it's literally all you can think about morning, noon and night.

you're losing sleep over the LIV Tour, Lou. tough look.

sucks so bad it's caused the entire PGA Tour schedule to adjust and it's literally all you can think about morning, noon and night.

you're losing sleep over the LIV Tour, Lou. tough look.
For me this debate is a non-issue. The LIV players and the PGA players are both happy with the decisions that they have made. I'm fine with there continuing to be two separate tours....to each their own.

Last edited:
people are defensive about liv because they loathe tradition. it's something new and cute rather than customary and competitive. sorta like rooting for feelings over science. it's cultural in many ways. but the reality is, no one is watching liv even on the cw network, whatever that is or isn't.

people are defensive about liv because they loathe tradition. it's something new and cute rather than customary and competitive. sorta like rooting for feelings over science. it's cultural in many ways. but the reality is, no one is watching liv even on the cw network, whatever that is or isn't.
so says the president of the KS pearl clutcher's union

10 pages in this thread - zero correct opinions from you

ten pages yet you label is pearl clutching? oh the irony.
this makes no sense

kind of like your constant presence here

I literally predicted to a T what would be the fallout of LIV with the PGA Tour (more money, more limited-field events, guaranteed payment, etc.)

all you've done is dig your heels in about tangential nonsense

this makes no sense

kind of like your constant presence here

I literally predicted to a T what would be the fallout of LIV with the PGA Tour (more money, more limited-field events, guaranteed payment, etc.)

all you've done is dig your heels in about tangential nonsense
if it makes no sense to you, then don't use terms like pearl clutching trying to come off as smart.

if it makes no sense to you, then don't use terms like pearl clutching trying to come off as smart.
ten pages yet you label is pearl clutching?

ANYBODY: is the above a proper sentence in the English language?

by definition, your use of the term 'pearl clutching' in this context is silly, borderline ignorant. live with it.

Last edited:
by definition, your use of the term 'pearl clutching' in this context is silly borderline ignorant. live with it.
people are defensive about liv because they loathe tradition. it's something new and cute rather than customary and competitive.
accusing someone of ignorance after posting this, the most asinine statement in this thread (saying something), is hilariously ironic.

nobody here is defensive about anything except guys getting paid and the times changing. you're so far behind it's impossible to catch up.

stay feeble, dumbsh*t

well, this may be where we agree. you see, i have found your pro-liv arguments pretty much, well, how should i put it: useless drivel. thus, the only explanation i could find is that you loathe tradition, particularly in golf. otherwise, defending this failed model does not make sense.

well, this may be where we agree. you see, i have found your pro-liv arguments pretty much, well, how should i put it: useless drivel. thus, the only explanation i could find is that you loathe tradition, particularly in golf. otherwise, defending this failed model does not make sense.
what are my arguments?

keep in mind you've also accused me of having a diminished ability to comprehend what I'm reading.

extraordinarily curious to hear what you have to say against the backdrop of the PGA Tour having changed its entire calendar, among other things, solely because of the emergence of a competitive tour, which was the entire point in the first place.

thanks in advance. (you won't respond to this because in addition to being a passive aggressive douche, you are also a witless coward.)

Actually it's you that has been defensive about the PGA and bashing LIV. We are saying that we like golf and watch it no matter who is playing on LIV or PGA because of some bullshits reasons you try to justify it with. You still haven't answered my question about Nike, have you never bought or worn Nike?????

Reactions: king_kong_
Actually it's you that has been defensive about the PGA and bashing LIV. We are saying that we like golf and watch it no matter who is playing on LIV or PGA because of some bullshits reasons you try to justify it with. You still haven't answered my question about Nike, have you never bought or worn Nike?????
this truth is beyond obvious, and sadly also beyond the dull kitty's limited ability to process

the last bastion of losing arguers is ad hominem.

there's no sense my going over all your flawed arguments because you are incapable of admitting they are wrong. we all know that.

i've have said that liv is just bad entertainment. thus, no one watches. it's a meritless creature that's based on entitlement and saudi money. the pga is the opposite of that in every respect. because the pga is changing doesn't alter facts about the depravity of liv.

Last edited:
the last bastion of losing arguers is ad hominem.

there's no sense my going over all your flawed arguments because you are incapable of admitting they are wrong. we all know that.

i've have said that liv is just bad entertainment. thus, no one watches. it's a meritless creature that's based on entitlement and saudi money. the pga is the opposite of that in every respect. because the pga is changing doesn't alter facts about the depravity of liv.
I have argued one single thing about LIV - that it's good overall for golfers

record purses and major viewership since it's advent would support this

I have never said it's entertaining. I have never said it will be successful (though it's easily deduced that it already has been). I have never argued literally any point except the first sentence in this post.

because you're a single-minded dipshit, you fail to grasp this concept

not for nothing, here's a reminder that this week's Tour title sponsor - RBC - underwrote a percentage of Aramco's IPO just 3 years ago

it's fine, though, because [reasons], and I'm sure all the money they made was kept in a tidy bucket so as to ensure none is passed along to the Tour

Tour fines Rory (their most outspoken champion) $3M for skipping mandatory Saudi-backed RBC Heritage Canadian Open

Tour fines Rory (their most outspoken champion) $3M for skipping mandatory Saudi-backed RBC Heritage Canadian Open.
Tour fines Rory (their most outspoken champion) $3M for skipping mandatory Saudi-backed RBC Heritage Canadian Open
He didn’t get fined , he just won’t get paid the remaining 3 million dollars of the 12 million player impat contract he signed. and it wasn’t the Canadian open it’s tje RBC Heritage Classic at Hilton Head. If yore ignorant ass is going to post something at least get the facts right.

He didn’t get fined , he just won’t get paid the remaining 3 million dollars of the 12 million player impat contract he signed. and it wasn’t the Canadian open it’s tje RBC Heritage Classic at Hilton Head. If yore ignorant ass is going to post something at least get the facts right.
wow, the Tour is allowing their Saudi-backed foreign sponsors into the States?

kidding (kind of)

and LOL at your circular logic on the fine. tomato, tomAto.

I have Cantlay +1200 to win.
thats-ignorant-michael.gif

the funding source has nothing to due with the

saudi-backed? which tournament?
RBC underwrote a portion of Aramco's IPO in 2019 (made hundreds of millions & opened an avenue for further business in Saudi Arabia by kissing the ring).

they are a long-time title sponsor of a fairly high-profile PGA Tour event (one the Tour, in fact, requires its most marketable players to participate in to collect full potential earnings).

I'm sure they do well to keep Saudi dollars separate from those $8-$13M annually paid to the Tour for naming rights.

;)

Last edited:
Mandatory. Contract. Skipping. Yes, my heart breaks for every million lost out on. I have a violin around here somewhere, let me see if I can find it(Its very very small).

RBC underwrote a portion of Aramco's IPO in 2019 (made hundreds of millions & opened an avenue for further business in Saudi Arabia by kissing the ring).

they are a long-time title sponsor of a fairly high-profile PGA Tour event (one the Tour, in fact, requires its most marketable players to participate in to collect full potential earnings).

I'm sure they do well to keep Saudi dollars separate from those $8-$13M annually paid to the Tour for naming rights.

;)
Why do you think the PGA has anything against tie Saudis ,, they told the players they can’t be on the LIV tour and the PGA tour. They would say the same if the LIV was backed by anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT