ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Happy Veteran's Day

Thanks to all of the Veterans that post on this site. Thanks to Damian Jackson and all of the Veterans who have served our country with distinction all these years. Thanks to those that currently serve our country all around the world. I truly appreciate your sacrifice and love for our nation.

Last edited:
All wars and police actions are ugly , my grandfather was in world war 1, that had to be one of the worst besides the civil war, he never said what he did actually he never said much about any of it, mustard gas trench warfare horrible living conditions were a few things he mentioned in small talk. But he served his country with pride. It's hard to believe it's been 100 years since the end of WWI, I can still remember those veterans coming to my grade school giving talks about Veterans Day in the 1960's

My grandfather never spoke about serving in WWII even to his own children. I wish he was here today so I could thank him.

Reactions: Hugo_Stiglitz7
My grandfather never spoke about serving in WWII even to his own children. I wish he was here today so I could thank him.
If those guys saw combat most of them didn't like talking about it, they usual saw some pretty gruesome stuff. They probably should have instead of keeping it bottled up. Several local vets hit the bottle pretty hard, as a kid I made a comment to my dad, he said don't be so judgmental those guys saw some really nasty stuff especially in the South Pacific on Iwo Jima the Marianna's, Okinawa. I do wish veterans like your grandfather and others would have talked about it. For the simple reason it his history

Reactions: TFrazier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT