ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Veterans

Yes, thank you to all veterans no matter what your branch or mos.

When you think back to ww2 and all the infrastructure that was necessary from the wacs, the Rosie the rivoters, the farmers that fed the troops....my goodness we were all on the same page and a team.

Again thank you veterans

Thank you Veterans

eagles-america.gif

Yes, thank you to all veterans no matter what your branch or mos.

When you think back to ww2 and all the infrastructure that was necessary from the wacs, the Rosie the rivoters, the farmers that fed the troops....my goodness we were all on the same page and a team.

Again thank you veterans
There is a great article about the harvest brigade, a man named joe tucker who was working for Massey Harris with convinced the US go to allocate the material to build self propelled combines he said it would save grain and man power hours. The government allocated the material they were built in Canada because they didn’t want to slow down war production in the US. He pulled it off. Even though he didn’t serve in the military he made a great contribution

To all the veterns...and a special shout out to my son who is on this board and in the AF....Thank you all...

....and I love you very much Jake and we're all so proud of you!!
My dad was in the AF and until last week I never thought of it as the weakest branch. Then we hand a group of AF guys do our football game! Terrible job...nearly big 10 ref material.

Im just kidding about the weakest branch....much respect.

There is a great article about the harvest brigade, a man named joe tucker who was working for Massey Harris with convinced the US go to allocate the material to build self propelled combines he said it would save grain and man power hours. The government allocated the material they were built in Canada because they didn’t want to slow down war production in the US. He pulled it off. Even though he didn’t serve in the military he made a great contribution
I just looked that up. 😎.

We had a 21A Massey Harris and then ran 2 MF super 92 along with that until my dad bought a 760 from Mel @fairbury. Dang good combine and Mel was/is a genius when it came to those or any mf product of that era

Best fac's I encountered for sure, we always teased each that we had made a mistake not joining. I didn't know about PJ's back then, that was something that could have got my interest.
I did SERE Training with some PJs. They were super cool. They were the only ones that didn’t get caught. If I didn’t fly, that would’ve been my next choice.

Me, 30 years ago at this time, eastern Med outside of Cyprus. Part of the USS America (CVN-66) carrier group. Behind me is the USS Guadalcanal (LPH-7), an amphibious assault ship. Lots of helos and lots of Marines.

At that moment we were at flight quarters. My duties were to hold a fire extinguisher during fueling the helos. I was also a hose handler in case of a crash.

FX8iwkTh.jpg

Last edited:
Me, 30 years ago at this time, eastern Med outside of Cyprus. Part of the USS America (CVN-66) carrier group. Behind me is the USS Guadalcanal (LPH-7), an amphibious assault ship. Lots of helos and lots of Marines.

At that moment we were at flight quarters. My duties were to hold a fire extinguisher during fueling the helos. I was also a hose handler in case of a crash.

FX8iwkTh.jpg
USS America.....that gives me a chubby.

The big ten conf took advantage of our veterans by strategically selecting veterans day (courts closed) to suspend Harbaugh so an injunction couldn’t be filed until Monday

FX8iwkTh.jpg
I was attached to VS-32, sub hunter squadron that was part of Carrier Air Wing One on the USS AMERICA. We were on Med Cruise when got orders to deploy to the IO (Indian Ocean) of the coast of Somalia to support Operation Restore Hope. I got my shellback card on that cruise. Man i miss those days. To all my fellow veterans have a great Veterans day and Thank you for service

I was attached to VS-32, sub hunter squadron that was part of Carrier Air Wing One on the USS AMERICA. We were on Med Cruise when got orders to deploy to the IO (Indian Ocean) of the coast of Somalia to support Operation Restore Hope. I got my shellback card on that cruise. Man i miss those days. To all my fellow veterans have a great Veterans day and Thank you for service
We used to have a base for sub maintenance in La Maddalena. Were you stationed there? Congrats on the shellback. Never got that experience.

We used to have a base for sub maintenance in La Maddalena. Were you stationed there? Congrats on the shellback. Never got that experience.
I would guess I can’t post the video here, but have you seen the Husker Motorcycle that was given to the Vet by the Huskers this week? It’s Bad A$$!
Hoping our Boys are extra dialed in for tomorrow for the Vets!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT