ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Matt Rhule Apparently Has Fired ...

I'm thinking there has been some kind of wrong doing by those 2 that could, could've or has gotten us into trouble with the NCAA. There is a reason they were fired as they didn't have other endeavors and didn't leave on their own free will like most have left. Something serious had to have happened for this to come about imo. Rhule however has proven that if staff aren't cutting it or such as Bob Wager's DUI and other things, he will 86 ya and doesn't play the good ol' boy game which is refreshing. Rhule is the type that it doesn't matter if the satff are friends or not as he won't tolerate it.
My thinking as well. When I read that a guy had his own recruiting service in Texas and this now, both connected to recruiting, makes one wonder. I thought about it a whole 2 minutes and now time to move on.

Last edited:
Wow Amazing insight…..you’re right our
Qb situation last year was a disaster because of a year 1 coach…and Nebraska
had stellar running backs who never had ball security issues for years now…
He was a turnover machine at South Carolina also - take a look genius. What’s the definition of insanity?

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
Cavazos was involved in all aspects of the recruiting process for high school prospects and transfers and also served as the primary contact for coaches while overseeing the Huskers' walk-on program. Additionally, Cavazos was one of the main organizers of Nebraska's annual Pro Day.
There is some chirping about Cavazos not being loyal and doing some WTF were you thinking activities against his, now former, employer.

There is some chirping about Cavazos not being loyal and doing some WTF were you thinking activities against his, now former, employer.
JD Crisp’s father tweeted “Karma” that Cavazos was let go following a post that his scholarship was pulled (posted after signing day). Said his son didn’t decommit. Crisp is a TX recruit, dad said his offer got pulled after an injury
Evan Taylor was also injured but he’s in this class. Rhule takes TX very seriously. Could be some issues with how CJ was handling TX recruits for sure.
We’ve had sour grapes with recruits but there may be some real smoke to letting him go

JD Crisp’s father tweeted “Karma” that Cavazos was let go following a post that his scholarship was pulled (posted after signing day). Said his son didn’t decommit. Crisp is a TX recruit, dad said his offer got pulled after an injury
Evan Taylor was also injured but he’s in this class. Rhule takes TX very seriously. Could be some issues with how CJ was handling TX recruits for sure.
We’ve had sour grapes with recruits but there may be some real smoke to letting him go
The firing of Hales is the shocker. He was on Rhule’s staff at Temple, Baylor and Carolina.

Last edited:
The firing of Hale is the shocker. He was on Rhule’s staff at Temple, Baylor and Carolina.
It’s possible he was shopping for a new job and Rhule found out. Rhule values loyalty. Who knows. There’s lots of temptations for young staffers.

Hmmm or has he had some success over the years??

In January 2009, Satterfield was named offensive coordinator at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga by the Mocs' new head coach, Russ Huesman (Satterfield and Huesman had previously worked together at Richmond in 2004). The Mocs' offense, which was one of the worst in Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) in 2008, substantially improved under Satterfield. In 2010, the Mocs, led by star quarterback B. J. Coleman, ranked third in the Southern Conference and 11th nationally in total offense (430 yards per game).[11]

During Satterfield's first year in 2013, the Owls' offense amassed nearly 400 yards per game, the most by a Temple squad since 1979.[1] The Owls' rushing attack finished third in the American Athletic Conference with 149.3 yards per game.[14]

In 2022, the Gamecocks finished the regular season 8-4, with the last two regular season games being wins over highly ranked rivals Tennessee and Clemson. The Gamecocks scored 30 or more points in 9 games (including the bowl game) for the first time in school history and broke numerous offensive production records in Satterfield’s final season.
Also his offense under Rhule chews a lot of clock. Which inflates defensive stats at the cost of offensive stats. Looking at the advanced metrics his offenses are fine. Tired of this narrative. Just like our defense was overrated by stats last year.

We have let go two more support staffers....Mike Wallace and Gordon Thomas. I assume we are making way for Holgorsen? The four combined that have been let go made $565k in total.

We have let go two more support staffers....Mike Wallace and Gordon Thomas. I assume we are making way for Holgorsen? The four combined that have been let go made $565k in total.
I don't think those support staffers have much to do with whether Holgorsen comes in or not. You're going to need staff to support recruiting regardless and that's not Holgorsen. For whatever reason, Rhule must not have been happy how the old staff members were doing their job and decided to clean house. I'd think though he'd want to replace them fairly soon given upcoming visits.

There's some kind of story behind those support staff firings. Guess we'll have to wait for Sipple to tell us after he gets back from Hawaii. Ha, ha.

Last edited:
Also his offense under Rhule chews a lot of clock. Which inflates defensive stats at the cost of offensive stats. Looking at the advanced metrics his offenses are fine. Tired of this narrative. Just like our defense was overrated by stats last year.
His offense under Rhule here at Nebraska sucks dick. You’re a fool if you think otherwise. Now, can it be significantly better with say, a #1 QB and upgraded WR and OL?
That’s the litmus test for 2024.
I don’t think Rhule would stick with Satt to the bitter end the way Cally stuck with Cosgrove.
In the end, if you can’t have a decent offense with the players you have you get shitcanned. No excuses for 2024, I don’t care if the QBs are young or whatever excuses are always made.

Year 1 plus injuries, etc can be forgiven. Year 2 and beyond is all fair game
JMO

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
His offense under Rhule here at Nebraska sucks dick. You’re a fool if you think otherwise. Now, can it be significantly better with say, a #1 QB and upgraded WR and OL?
I don’t think Rhule would stick with Satt to the bitter end the way Cally stuck with Cosgrove.
In the end, if you can’t have a decent offense with the players you have you get shitcanned. No excuses for 2024, I don’t care if the QBs are young or whatever excuses are always made.

JMO
I'll give sat the benefit of the doubt last year too many injuries bad qb play etc. Year prior, what was our offense? Thompson running for his life tossing bombs to palmer.

I'll agree. no Excuses this year.

Reactions: dinglefritz

JMO
Never sad last year's offense was good. I did say our defense was overrated last year. I also stated that his offenses under Rhule in the past were underrated because they chewed clock all day every play. Which naturally makes the offenses look terrible. Just like No-huddle snap the ball as fast as possible offenses are inflated from more plays naturally.

Everything needs to be upgraded next year on some level. But any one of them could show significant improvement leading to a better overall product. QB, OL, RB, WR. Play calling could be improved but most OCs would struggle with QBs who can't complete 7-yard passes to take pressure off the run game.

Here is an example. A long time ago we did a project in a somewhat third world place and while the airport did have rental cars/trucks, they were all stick shifts. Half my crew, especially the young ones couldn't drive them. Lesson learned...sometimes a passenger van and assigned driver is better than a bunch of rental cars.
What part of Iowa was that?

A question from those who know such things.

Didn't the University need to cut a significant amount of money, like $12 million? Is it possible any of this was related?

I guess that would be given as the reason for them leaving in the announcement though. But, how does it look to cut 12 million and none (I really don't know) from the athletic department. I am also assuming the funds co-mingle.

A question from those who know such things.

Didn't the University need to cut a significant amount of money, like $12 million? Is it possible any of this was related?

I guess that would be given as the reason for them leaving in the announcement though. But, how does it look to cut 12 million and none (I really don't know) from the athletic department. I am also assuming the funds co-mingle.

I don’t think so. The athletic department is self sustaining, it doesn’t get money from the University’s general fund .

I don’t think so. The athletic department is self sustaining, it doesn’t get money from the University’s general fund .
Agree, as I stated earlier in this thread, and have heard even more the last day or so, this was performance based. I am actually looking forward to see who they bring in to replace these guys.

Agree, as I stated earlier in this thread, and have heard even more the last day or so, this was performance based. I am actually looking forward to see who they bring in to replace these guys.
Well don't leave us hanging man. What kind of performance?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT