ADVERTISEMENT

One year from today

We will see how things go with a new offensive coordinator. We already know the odds are against it, but there have been coordiantor hires that make a major difference before.

Reactions: pharvey0829
We will be throwing dirt on Frosts coaching grave. Get him out of here.
This was the catch lightning year. We lose so much the expectations will be low. CBS just said you have to wonder if Neb will ever make the turn. That helps recruiting 🤪

We will see how things go with a new offensive coordinator. We already know the odds are against it, but there have been coordiantor hires that make a major difference before.

Special Teams Coordinator could make an even bigger difference. If a guy like Sean Snyder was on staff this year, we would be at least bowl eligible.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Trev will have to be ok spending what ever it takes to get a true proven OC, OL and what ever on ST. If not it will look no different.

Reactions: headcard
Trev will have to be ok spending what ever it takes to get a true proven OC, OL and what ever on ST. If not it will look no different.
Would a better OC have won the game today? I don't think so. Perhaps ST.

Keeping Frost another year is just ensuring that Nebraska will be irrelevant for a half decade. This year's recruiting class is already shot. Next year's class likely won't be any different. So now you're down basically 2 years worth of recruiting when the new coach is hired. Even if they knock it out of the park on the field, it's going to be really hard to maintain any kind of success when you're punting on two recruiting cycles.

I think we lose in Dublin and that will be it for HCSF. Brand him with an "L" and send him packing.

This years schedule and next years are nothing alike. We had one of the hardest schedules I’ve ever seen this year. No excuses next year. Win or end it

9-3 or fired, right?
Why 9-3? We’ve chased that forever and it hasn’t ended well. Why not just accept that isn’t the standard right now? It may be in the future but holding coaches to that in our current state just leads to further downfall. It’s unrealistic for where we are.

At first I thought TA was hired to fire Frost...Now I wonder if he was hire do keep Frost and make things seem "okay"

Why 9-3? We’ve chased that forever and it hasn’t ended well. Why not just accept that isn’t the standard right now? It may be in the future but holding coaches to that in our current state just leads to further downfall. It’s unrealistic for where we are.
Because it’s not arbitrary. The only two games that are really tough are Oklahoma at home and at Michigan. I’m giving Frost some grace with 1 additional loss beyond those two games.

Next year needs to be all about wins. No more of this “close” shit. Meaning we better go 4-0 against Minnesota, NW, Purdue and Illinois

Reactions: SuperBigFan
Because it’s not arbitrary. The only two games that are really tough are Oklahoma at home and at Michigan. I’m giving Frost some grace with 1 additional loss beyond those two games.

Next year needs to be all about wins. No more of this “close” shit. Meaning we better go 4-0 against Minnesota, NW, Purdue and Illinois
Yes!

Thank you!

NU should, at worst, be a 2 loss team in the division each year. These ****ing teams are horrible.

You can’t fire frost if he’s above .500 next year. Again, we’ve done the new coach thing 5 times now, it doesn’t work. Time for some stability and see how things shake out. A fifth losing season and it’s over. Anything 6-6 or better and he stays. That’s reality for this program right now whether we like it or not.

We are forgetting that NU is now that game that all teams circle on their calendar as a gimmie win each year. We are now permanent basement dwellers in the worst P5 division. This year was a weak year and NU should’ve won the west with how weak it was, but instead they will finish dead last. The talent was there, but the coaching was the worst I’ve ever seen.

We are forgetting that NU is now that game that all teams circle on their calendar as a gimmie win each year. We are now permanent basement dwellers in the worst P5 division. This year was a weak year and NU should’ve won the west with how weak it was, but instead they will finish dead last. The talent was there, but the coaching was the worst I’ve ever seen.
You are making my point for me, the talent was there and yet because of shitting coaching we lost all the close games.

Frost should not be employed right now, the fact that he is, means his seat should be scalding hot next year. Guess what 6-6 guys, if you take 3-9 and 9-3 together it averages out to 6-6.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
I believe next year will be a lot of the same. 3-9, maybe 4-8. But as long as the team “tries real hard,” the coach is worth keeping. Give me a break. Look if we stay on this road maybe the SEC West will pay us a million bucks to come in and play them the first couple of weeks. We could pay for those new facilities so much faster! Sorry for the negativity, y’all. I’m just over it.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I think you’re over-estimating the talent a bit. We are deficient in several areas, including running back.

Last edited:
You are making my point for me, the talent was there and yet because of shitting coaching we lost all the close games.

Frost should not be employed right now, the fact that he is, means his seat should be scalding hot next year. Guess what 6-6 guys, if you take 3-9 and 9-3 together it averages out to 6-6.
Which football program has a brighter future, if we are being honest…

KU vs NU, KU in a landslide
That should say something. The program we beat like a drum for 40 years and cracked jokes at because they are a BB school now has a better upside than Nebraska. It doesn’t matter if you could dig up coaches past like Lombardi, Shula, or some of the greats of today to fill out the staff, SF is still in charge which means we won’t practice special teams and we will roll into games same 6 plays to call each and every series. Also, his DC was terrible, but he has a group of super seniors who made them serviceable that are gone next year. It will be an ugly season. Fans who were creaming their khakis over those Lins are going to be deeply depressed when we see 56-14 come back as a weekly score.

Which football program has a brighter future, if we are being honest…

KU vs NU, KU in a landslide
That should say something. The program we beat like a drum for 40 years and cracked jokes at because they are a BB school now has a better upside than Nebraska. It doesn’t matter if you could dig up coaches past like Lombardi, Shula, or some of the greats of today to fill out the staff, SF is still in charge which means we won’t practice special teams and we will roll into games same 6 plays to call each and every series. Also, his DC was terrible, but he has a group of super seniors who made them serviceable that are gone next year. It will be an ugly season. Fans who were creaming their khakis over those Lins are going to be deeply depressed when we see 56-14 come back as a weekly score.
KU only has a better future than Nebraska in football if the loser participation ribbon culture takes over NU football.

The only way out is high expectations, which is what any blue blood would expect. The fact that anyone is talking about 6-6 being acceptable next year is ridiculous

KU only has a better future than Nebraska in football if the loser participation ribbon culture takes over NU football.

The only way out is high expectations, which is what any blue blood would expect. The fact that anyone is talking about 6-6 being acceptable next year is ridiculous
The loser participation culture is NU football. While flailing his way to what would be 3-9 finish, we sat at 3-7 and the brass said they will take more of that. We fired the last coach 2.25 years into his tenure and he finished 0.500. Callahan finished 5-7 and Cosgrove’s family got death threats en route to canning them. I couldn’t stand Pelini as he is/was a trash human being, but he has been our best coach in the last decade and that really says something. Let’s be real, if Frost didn’t play part of his college career here in Lincoln, he would’ve been canned two years ago. Instead we get to have a 5th year where we all know how it will play out. A Tiger doesn’t change his stripes.

Reactions: Minn1954
The loser participation culture is NU football. While flailing his way to what would be 3-9 finish, we sat at 3-7 and the brass said they will take more of that. We fired the last coach 2.25 years into his tenure and he finished 0.500. Callahan finished 5-7 and Cosgrove’s family got death threats en route to canning them. I couldn’t stand Pelini as he is/was a trash human being, but he has been our best coach in the last decade and that really says something. Let’s be real, if Frost didn’t play part of his college career here in Lincoln, he would’ve been canned two years ago. Instead we get to have a 5th year where we all know how it will play out. A Tiger doesn’t change his stripes.
Agree with you on Frost which is why the bar should be set very high next year.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that a 6-6 record means that Nebraska went 4-5 in the Big Ten as two non-con games are gimme wins. Furthermore, next year we have Indiana and Rutgers as crossover games which should be 2 wins. Meaning If we go 6-6 next year, not only did we have a losing record in the Big Ten, we also had a losing record in the big ten West.

Under no circumstance should Frost be retained next year at 6-6. Hell, he shouldn’t be retained at 7-5 either imo

He has no business retaining his job.

But, he’s a brother and a Nebraskan. That is good enough for ole Trev
You’re truly a dumbass if you think that was what made his decision. That was a talking point to the media.

The decision was based on money and not having ideal candidates lined up to take the job.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT