ADVERTISEMENT

On a Scale of 1 to 10...How Excited Are You About the Hire?

How excited are you with the hiring of Matt Rhule?

Results are only viewable after voting.
9 if no Mickey …10 otherwise
ior4IF.gif

Think Rhule has the highest floor of any of the candidates available this offseason (sans Urban of course). He's never stayed around long enough to have a good idea of what his ceiling is so that's a large part of why I chose lower than everyone that has voted up to now.

I was hoping Nebraska would poach an SEC guy this go around or someone with extensive SEC ties like Joseph. I know right now Nebraska isn't competing for a title of any kind but with USC & UCLA joining the conference, the road to a conference title isn't getting any easier. Taking someone who has recruited and coached in the best conference in the country would've given me more optimism.

Regardless, I don't care who the coach is as long as Nebraska becomes competitive and relevant again in November games. It sucks having your season be over before September has even started.

Hated the idea of the hire at first, but I’ve decided to put my trust in Trev.

it may take some time. We should prepare ourselves for a 5-6 win season next year. There are going to be times where we think it was a bad hire

But we’re used to this, and I believe that by year 2 or 3, we’re going to be a confident team that nobody wants to play.

I felt like Meyer was the only 10 - but never felt like he was a serious candidate. I would have given Fickell, Kiffin, and maybe Klieman a 9. Rhule is a strong 8 for me. I’d put him at a 9 if he had left a job for NU, rather than being unemployed.

Aranda would have been a 7 for me, Leipold and Campbell a 6. Any of the other names were 5 or below.

Wasn't Riley and Frost heralded as great hires by his peers?
Grain of salt
Frost was the only hire. Riley is a widely respected and liked guy. I don’t think Riley had a chance with Eichorst having hired him. IF Tom had embraced him and IF Eichorst hadn’t made him hire Diaco, Riley might very well have gotten us to being a consistent mid level bowl team.

Oh good, another former player weighing in. Shanle’s class started this shit spiral. The only thing i care less about than his opinion is the opinion of the alleged NFL coach he quotes anonymously. Don’t you have insurance or playground equipment to sell, Scott? The fact that guys like this sat silent while Scott ran the program into the ground is all you need to hear from the likes of Scott Shanle.

it's pretty underwhelming

0-11 vs ranked opponents

couldn't win 30% of his games in the pros (saban went .500 so spare me the comparisons)

guess we have the next 8 years to find out

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT