ADVERTISEMENT

Omar Manning?

He didn't actually say either of those, those are just the type of assinine things he does say. He has compared Frost first years to guys like Saban,everal times, but I was just making up that tongue in cheek.
I don't think there's anything wrong with comparing Frost to guys like Saban. We should hope that Frost turns into a coach like Saban. It's the constant harping on Frost about every little thing and sarcastic tone that annoys me about jlb.

as above - Frost has recruited 6 4* star WRs since his arrival

during this same time frame the entire big ten west combined to recruit a total of 6 4* WRs

this along with a freshman all american QB in his 3rd year -- we should expect to win this division starting now -- something seriously wrong if we aren't at the top
The Herky Report is that way bro. 👉

I don't think there's anything wrong with comparing Frost to guys like Saban. We should hope that Frost turns into a coach like Saban. It's the constant harping on Frost about every little thing and sarcastic tone that annoys me about jlb.
To a degree sure, but when he says nonsense like Saban and Stoops won championships their second season so that should be the expectation for Frost, that’s stupid. He claims that it was year two or never, because it happened to be for some coaches at some schools. The individual situations at the individual schools don’t matter, but it did for Saban at MSU somehow and for other great coaches that have struggled early in their tenures, but not Frost. The guy acts like the situation Frost walked into was the same as Solich did, he is nothing more than an obsessed troll at this point.

To a degree sure, but when he says nonsense like Saban and Stoops won championships their second season so that should be the expectation for Frost, that’s stupid. He claims that it was year two or never, because it happened to be for some coaches at some schools. The individual situations at the individual schools don’t matter, but it did for Saban at MSU somehow and for other great coaches that have struggled early in their tenures, but not Frost. The guy acts like the situation Frost walked into was the same as Solich did, he is nothing more than an obsessed troll at this point.

100% facts.....^ ^ ^ ^

People can argue until the cows come home during the pre-season. I'll wait to see what happens on the field of play. It could be good, it could be bad but that's why the games are played.

Saban took over an 0-11 team at MSU and a team that had won a combined 14 games in the 4 seasons before he took over ..... he had a winning record in the big ten each his first 2 seasons

Saban then took over an LSU team that had 16 total wins the 3 seasons before he took over and 1-7 in the SEC the year prior -- he was 5-3 his first season in the SEC - finished in the top ten his second year and won a NC his 4th year

Frost took over a team that had won 19 games the previous 3 years and has yet to have a winning record - he took over a 4-8 team that was probably really a 6 or 7 win team and went 4-8 in his first season

Saban took over an 0-11 team at MSU and a team that had won a combined 14 games in the 4 seasons before he took over ..... he had a winning record in the big ten each his first 2 seasons

Saban then took over an LSU team that had 16 total wins the 3 seasons before he took over and 1-7 in the SEC the year prior -- he was 5-3 his first season in the SEC - finished in the top ten his second year and won a NC his 4th year

Frost took over a team that had won 19 games the previous 3 years and has yet to have a winning record - he took over a 4-8 team that was probably really a 6 or 7 win team and went 4-8 in his first season

even still genius, none of that makes a difference for Frost and the Huskers. Saban didn’t win a title for MSU, now did he. He did manage to do something with teams loaded with talent. Hell, I’m sure Frost would have success with those same teams Saban took over. It’s not rocket science my man.

Saban at MSU went 6-5 year 1, 6-6 year 2 and 7-5 year 3 and then 6-6 year 4 and then finally year 5 he goes 9-2. It took him 4 years to truly turn the corner with MSU.

even still genius, none of that makes a difference for Frost and the Huskers. Saban didn’t win a title for MSU, now did he. He did manage to do something with teams loaded with talent. Hell, I’m sure Frost would have success with those same teams Saban took over. It’s not rocket science my man.

Saban at MSU went 6-5 year 1, 6-6 year 2 and 7-5 year 3 and then 6-6 year 4 and then finally year 5 he goes 9-2. It took him 4 years to truly turn the corner with MSU.

MSU isn't a blue blood and Saban improved the team he took over immediately - + 6 in the win column versus the 2 years he took over with winning conference records

Frost is minus 4 compared to the 2 years prior to his arrival -- really minus 6 or 7 when you consider that the 2017 Riley team was really a 6 or 7 win team

“Probably really a 6 or 7 win team”

Classic jlb fantasy land, trolling

MSU isn't a blue blood and Saban improved the team he took over immediately - + 6 in the win column versus the 2 years he took over

Frost is minus 4 compared to the 2 years prior to his arrival -- really minus 6 or 7 when you consider that the 2017 Riley team was really a 6 or 7 win team

so what, again none of that matters. The Huskers are a blue blood yes, but the Huskers were not loaded with talent for Frost. Bo Pelini ruined our talent level.

and no, MSU wasn’t 0-11 the before Saban. They went like 5-6 the year before Saban and 6-6 the year before that. So He literally up their game by a 1 single win (or kept on par with what they had going on) until he had the team built up.

Reactions: ATX Husker
“Probably really a 6 or 7 win team”

Classic jlb fantasy land, trolling

I thought they were a 3 or 4 win team but who am I to argue with someone who is being paid 5 million dollars per annum to supposedly know these things

"I have some optimism because they had an awful culture,” he said. “They weren’t strong. They weren’t in shape. The schemes were bad last year and they still went into the fourth quarter tied with Wisconsin. They should’ve won two or three more games."

Scott Frost - July 2018

I thought they were in reality a 3 or 4 win team but who am I to argue with someone who is being paid 5 million dollars per annum to supposedly know these things

"I have some optimism because they had an awful culture,” he said. “They weren’t strong. They weren’t in shape. The schemes were bad last year and they still went into the fourth quarter tied with Wisconsin. They should’ve won two or three more games."

Scott Frost - July 2018

....and??? This obsession you have with Scott Frost makes you look very pathetic, honestly. I wish you could see it. It’s actually quite ridiculous the hard on you have for him. I used to have respect for you and some of your takes but how bad you have taken this, the whole obsession with Frost....yeah, you lost every ounce of it.

You even turned an Omar Manning thread into a Frost obsession

I thought they were a 3 or 4 win team but who am I to argue with someone who is being paid 5 million dollars per annum to supposedly know these things

Scott Frost - July 2018

Yes, we have all heard this lame routine from you before. You are truly a pathetic piece of work.

as above - Frost has recruited 6 4* star WRs since his arrival

during this same time frame the entire big ten west combined to recruit a total of 6 4* WRs

this along with a freshman all american QB in his 3rd year -- we should expect to win this division starting now -- something seriously wrong if we aren't at the top
I think player development matters. If coach was happy in that area we may not see a different wr coach.

Reactions: headcard
He is right that championship coaches generally turn around programs very quickly. It's pretty much unheard of for a coach to have two losing seasons right away and then go on to become a championship level coach.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
He is right that championship coaches generally turn around programs very quickly. It's pretty much unheard of for a coach to have two losing seasons right away and then go on to become a championship level coach.
He is not. But keep trying.

Every situation is different. McCartney at CU had losing seasons like 5 of his first 6 seasons. Edwards struggled at BYU, James struggled at Washington. These are all guys off the top of my head that took a long time to turn it around at their schools. Plenty of other Hall of Fame coaches took a long time to break through and win a Championship. Heck, TO inherited a team that won back to back National Championships and still took 25 years to win his first National Championship. Bobby Bowden was at FSU at least 15 years before winning his first Championship. Not every team is stocked with talent like OU was for Stoops or FSU was for Jimbo.

so what, again none of that matters. The Huskers are a blue blood yes, but the Huskers were not loaded with talent for Frost. Bo Pelini ruined our talent level.

and no, MSU wasn’t 0-11 the before Saban. They went like 5-6 the year before Saban and 6-6 the year before that. So He literally up their game by a 1 single win (or kept on par with what they had going on) until he had the team built up.
Lmfao!!!

- he (Frost) took over a 4-8 team that was probably really a 6 or 7 win team and went 4-8 in his first season

Yeah, but really his 4-8 team was probably a 6 or 7 win team. So, yeah........

Tell me again, when do we just use actual results and when do we use prolly coulda been results? Just want to make sure we all know when we can move goal posts to make a point.

And I know you will just post with some deflection of "well everyone moves the goal posts for Frost" and won't really admit it.

You do you, my man.

If I didn't know better I would think you were the Husker Preacher guy on here from years ago. The one that got banned and then came back as his wife but claimed it was really his wife. It may not be you, but you are just as weird as he was. So at least you have that going for ya.

Reactions: scarletred
Yeah, but really his 4-8 team was probably a 6 or 7 win team. So, yeah........

Tell me again, when do we just use actual results and when do we use prolly coulda been results? Just want to make sure we all know when we can move goal posts to make a point.

And I know you will just post with some deflection of "well everyone moves the goal posts for Frost" and won't really admit it.

You do you, my man.

I didn't move any goal posts .. I wouldn't make an idiotic claim that the 2017 team should have won more games

I actually agree with using the actual results ... but I'm not the one who stated the 2017 team should have won another 2 or 3 games --- it was Scott Frost

Scott Frost - July 2018

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I didn't move any goal posts .. I wouldn't make an idiotic claim that the 2017 team should have won more games

I actually agree with using the actual results ... but I'm not the one who stated the 2017 team should have won another 2 or 3 games --- it was Scott Frost

Scott Frost - July 2018
playing the hits!!

how many times can he post the same, completely meaningless thing? tune in to find out!

VengefulFlawedAsianporcupine-size_restricted.gif

playing the hits!!

how many times can he post the same, completely meaningless thing? tune in to find out!

anytime someone calls me out for the relaying the idiotic claim that the 2017 team should have won 2-3 more games I will continue to point them to the source of that idiotic claim

• Haha

Scott Frost - July 2018

You did exactly what I said you would do. Congrats.

Was this you? Or Frost?
jlb321 said: - he (Frost) took over a 4-8 team that was probably really a 6 or 7 win team and went 4-8 in his first season

You did exactly what I said you would do. Congrats.

Was this you? Or Frost?
jlb321 said: - he (Frost) took over a 4-8 team that was probably really a 6 or 7 win team and went 4-8 in his first season

not sure what you are getting at

Frost said the 4-8 2017 team should have won 2 or 3 more games ... I am simply taking him at his word
He is, afterall, currently collecting over a million dollars per win so he should know.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT