ADVERTISEMENT

Old man Ferentz cranky he can't land 5-star QB's

You’re making fun of @thall__ favorite coach & team

giphy.gif

Old man is spicy today....people will care what KF thinks when his team doesn't resemble a 1950s offense and get blown out when playing real teams. We've had enough of that over the past 10 years here at Nebraska to realize that.

Reactions: Badger Pete
I mean, he's not wrong. Who wants to worry about whether a guy is fully committed. I understand everyone is willing to throw away any and all morals when money's involved when their team gets the guy, but it honestly kills any idea that a guy is coming in organically(and you know what I'm talking about). Debbie downer me FTW and embrace the OMG CHANGE but your new era reflects everything that's wrong with this world now.
Amazing how quickly everyone's grasping to embrace it. It destroys everything it touches.

Also, this hasn't been helped by coaches themselves bolting for more money at the drop. In a way, it kind of set the tone and stage didn't it.

TLDR: I'm obviously an Iowa fan now.

I mean, he's not wrong. Who wants to worry about whether a guy is fully committed. I understand everyone is willing to throw away any and all morals when money's involved when their team gets the guy, but it honestly kills any idea that a guy is coming in organically(and you know what I'm talking about). Debbie downer me FTW and embrace the OMG CHANGE but your new era reflects everything that's wrong with this world now.
Amazing how quickly everyone's grasping to embrace it. It destroys everything it touches.

Also, this hasn't been helped by coaches themselves bolting for more money at the drop. In a way, it kind of set the tone and stage didn't it.

Andy Campbell Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

Imagine thinking that graduating from Iowa is some sort of amazing accomplishment. It is the school that kids from Illinois go to when they can't get into U of Illinois or NW or Purdue.

• Haha
Reactions: ICHerky

If coaches really long for the good ol’ days of true amateur college sports, why don’t they offer to work on one-year, less-than-$100k contracts and teach a PE class on the side?

He wasn’t talking about Raiola, like the OP insinuates. The quote also leaves out the very next sentence where he says it’s not a huge deal but it gives you pause. He was talking in generalities about how he was able to finish his class in the summer and have zero drama leading up to signing day.

Of course he would take Raiola and I guarantee he would say the same.

Reactions: ICHerky
He wasn’t talking about Raiola, like the OP insinuates. The quote also leaves out the very next sentence where he says it’s not a huge deal but it gives you pause. He was talking in generalities about how he was able to finish his class in the summer and have zero drama leading up to signing day.

Are you him?

I don't think he was talking about Rayola, for starters your guy is a 4 high schools in 4 years guy.

Now if he was talking about colleges then Rayola fit that description regarding 3 schools in 3 years.
Raiola played at 3 high schools, the 4th he never played. His 1st high school was in Texas. The family decided they wanted to live in Arizona, so he went to a 2nd high school there. The 1st high school in Arizona didn't have a good football program, so he transferred to a second high school in Arizona that did have a good football program. Before the football season started at the second school in Arizona, he had committed to Georgia, so the family thought it was a good idea for him to play his last season in Georgia. By being in Georgia, it allowed him to peer recruit for the Bulldogs, plus attend all of their home games.

Yes, it's blatantly obvious who Ferentz is referring to. He ought to spend his time making snide remarks about his AD instead of Nebraska football players.

How do we know he was talking about Raiola at all? There is a lengthy intro there, and no mention of Raiola at all. I’m looking forward to the time we are so good we don’t even think about Iowa. Why do we care about anything that Kirk Ferenz says?

Reactions: SWIowahawks

Honestly, beyond maybe the OP, no one gives a shit about KF. I just used it to further my obvious piss and moan agenda.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT