Reactions: mikecanale
Options:
LT Banks/Corcoran/Prochazka
LG Corcoran/Nouili/Piper/Hixson
C Jurgens
RG Sichterman
RT Miller/Banks/Prochazka/Benhart

Am I missing anyone?

I think Hixon has been getting the majority of the snaps at LG. Bando could also be in the mix if he’s healthy.

Reactions: 9and4
we should absolutely dominate nw this week.

rivalry/head coach aside, we should win this game going away. like, put the kids to bed at halftime because it's 50-0.
“Should” and “will” don’t co-exist well in Nebraska football world.

I do think they easily have the “potential” to run away with it, but at Nebraska we ALWAYS have the “potential” to F it up bad.

I’m not an OL coach, but my five cents are:
1. reduce the trinket pulling guys around responsibilities (simplify by 30%)
2. all footwork, all week. It’s about keeping the feet moving, especially laterally. rep it constantly
3. more designed rollouts for AM (he’s gonna do it anyway, better by design)
4. learn at least ONE flipping RB screen to get behind an attacking D!!
5. have to get Adrian’s eyes downfield to take shots and keep safeties from owning our sub-10 yard comfort zone.

I’m not an OL coach, but my five cents are:
1. reduce the trinket pulling guys around responsibilities (simplify by 30%)
2. all footwork, all week. It’s about keeping the feet moving, especially laterally. rep it constantly
3. more designed rollouts for AM (he’s gonna do it anyway, better by design)
4. learn at least ONE flipping RB screen to get behind an attacking D!!
5. have to get Adrian’s eyes downfield to take shots and keep safeties from owning our sub-10 yard comfort zone.
I was literally typing a ‘remember the Tim Beck RB middle screen?’ post

Should be a legit weapon for us

we're 10.5 point favorites at home

nw is awful

our defense will cover that spread by itself

I think the offense will come out firing

we're going 5-2 or 6-1 the rest of the way
I’m all for that. Name the 5-6 wins that don’t require more than 2 TDs to win

Reactions: TheBeav815
we're 10.5 point favorites at home

nw is awful

our defense will cover that spread by itself

I think the offense will come out firing

we're going 5-2 or 6-1 the rest of the way
I'm not sure what you're smokin but I'll have some of that. I do think we're so f'n close. IF the special teams weren't such a stinking mess out we're probably undefeated.

Who's going to play Tackle then?
waist-high-turnstile-fp500-s.png

100% yes

One of the best line coaches to ever live
He's an under rated OC as well. Like him or not, hate the WCO or not, the guy is a helluva coach. People who knew him well on a personal level in Lincoln really liked him. They said on a personal level he was just a blue collar down to earth nice guy who didn't handle the media, alums and fan relations well. Just what I've heard from a family member and an acquaintance who knew him well. It's interesting for as badly as he was portrayed by fans and alums, the guy could win the living room and recruit.

We don’t play a single team better than what we’ve faced the last 2 weeks

I think maryland beats iowa this weekend

state penn is the best team in the b1g
Ohio State will be up there but I said after the OU game that OSU was no better than OU. I predicted 8 wins before the season. Obviously with the clunker at Illinois and this last minute debacle, that is less likely but I sure as hell think 7 is still possible.

I'd like to see Teddy LT, Corcoran LG, Jurgens C, Nouili RG and Benhardt RT, start against NW.
I don't think any of us know who would be best to be out there but I'm encouraged that Frost is taking some charge of it. No favorites. Best guy plays hopefully. Our young tackles were my number one concern on the O line heading in to this year. Need better play from our O line but even with that, we mounted a helluva drive in that second half.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
What happened to Brant Banks? Is he hurt? Feel like there was a lot of talk about him in the offseason but I don't think he's played this year.

Also as much as I hate starting a true freshman on the O-line, I feel like Prochazka has to get a shot at LT. Corcoran has been awful, Benhart hasn't been much better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT