ADVERTISEMENT

off topic thread, super bowl...

Jaemekon

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
if you were offered an all expenses paid trip to the super bowl, would you take it?

i personally would not. seems like it would be a nightmare, but i would like to know how the rest of you feel about it.

Reactions: WHCSC
Perhaps. Am I taking my kids? Wife, just me? if its just me is wife going to be angry? All part of the equation. In the end though, if its all expenses paid, yeah, I probably would. All expenses meaning food travel, hotel etc.

Reactions: Jaemekon
Hell to the yes, if it was my team. Otherwise nah.

Back in the 90's my best bud was a private pilot for a well to do cattle "barron" in western NE...dude had a jet...and season tickets to Huskers. I got private plane rides, steak dinners, and free good tickets to a couple NU-CU games in Boulder. It was freakin sweet.

Last edited:
Perhaps. Am I taking my kids? Wife, just me? if its just me is wife going to be angry? All part of the equation. In the end though, if its all expenses paid, yeah, I probably would. All expenses meaning food travel, hotel etc.

yes, everything paid, wife/girlfriend included.

no, kids are not included.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Hell to the yes, if it was my team. Otherwise nah.

Back in the 90's my best bud was a private pilot for a well to do cattle "barron" in western NE...dude had a jet...and season tickets to Huskers. I got private plane rides, steak dinners, and free good tickets to a couple NU-CU games in Boulder. It was freakin sweet.

that seems like a good time.

if you were offered an all expenses paid trip to the super bowl, would you take it?

i personally would not. seems like it would be a nightmare, but i would like to know how the rest of you feel about it.

My first inclination would be to try to sell the all-expense paid trip and pocket the cash. I don't care for the NFL, but if it is free then might as well go for it. Even if a hassle, it would probably be worth it.

Not a huge NFL fan but did go to the SB in Miami when the Chiefs won.

NFL knows how to put on a show….in and around the stadium. Would definitely go again.

Couldn’t get across the bridge to Miami Beach so didn’t hit that. Massive traffic jams of about 4 hr trying to get there so we passed on that area.

When I was younger I always thought it would be cool just to go down there and party during the week of the Super Bowl. Now I hate people and would probably find this to be miserable.

Not a huge NFL fan but did go to the SB in Miami when the Chiefs won.

NFL knows how to put on a show….in and around the stadium. Would definitely go again.

Couldn’t get across the bridge to Miami Beach so didn’t hit that. Massive traffic jams of about 4 hr trying to get there so we passed on that area.

didn't they have any roundabouts?

In a world where I was perfect and not a bad machine, sure. In my world as it is? I'd sell it or give it away if that was even possible. I have family who would absolutely cherish the experience, and it would put a smile on my face to see them happy.

Hi @EmormousDouchebag, thanks for the wow emote.

Jae is currently scouring the web for the perfect gif for a response.

Or, he'll just go with this:

U1aN4HTfJ2SmgB2BBK.webp

• Love
Expenses all paid.. Be some kind of moron not to attend the biggest game every year in America without paying a dime.

Why would it be a nightmare?

Pass. I’m not a Vegas fan .. rather watch from the comfort of my home

Expenses all paid.. Be some kind of moron not to attend the biggest game every year in America without paying a dime.
Personally, when you get a chance to go to a really special event, i say you go, especially if the gig is free.

Example, in 2010? i took 5 people to the Breeder's Cup in California. Tickets were $ 300.00 a piece. (Later comped by Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith).

Mike was riding Zenyatta, a horse my wife loved. She was trying to become the first female to beat the best male horses in the world in the biggest race in the world. Long story short, she won the race, made history which likely will never be duplicated.

After the race my wife and I got within 3' of Zenyatta and the running of that race is the biggest highlight of my 58 year horseracing career, and I didn't even bet the race. My whole family is friends with Mike Smith and the trainer John Shireffs, one of the nicest men in the world. So we were rooting like hell for them to win, or at least, not embarrass themselves. (As a minor point, 2 minutes before the horses loaded in the gate, the NBC feed shows John and I talking and I'm getting him to laugh in a gigantic pressure situation for that man).

Yeah, you're 20 deep to get a Coke, 20 deep to take a leak, but in the end, you could attend a Super Bowl where history is made. IMO its well worth the hassle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT