ADVERTISEMENT

Now with Logan signing

Their number 1 guy was Davis out of Texas. Davis has committed to VaTech. Maybe they can snag him from VT.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/dematrius-davis-18817
EP-181229584.jpg

Now all the fans can start to clamor for the backup of the backup of the backup to play over all others because he is the greatest QB to don the scarlet and cream

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Is he really a dual threat or more pro style?

i wondered that myself. Shows he’s got sub 4.6 ish 40...so probably a bit of both. Now that Davis is gone we can lock in and focus on Peter Costelli. I’m betting Davis is the better runner while Costelli is the better thrower.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
I've seen Davis play in the Texas HS playoff finals the last 2 years. Passing is just good, but he's an exceptional runner, really quick.

@Tuco Salamanca has the goods on this. I’d trust what he says here

I have a good feel for Davis and I believe that ship sailed. I like him the best of the QBs for that class but from what I am told he just likes Fuentes offense a lot. He is a dynamic runner but I don’t get the feeling he likes to run the ball as much as he had to this year.
He still has 12 months before he signs but I don’t see a flip to Nebraska in the cards.

I'd be surprised if they target anyone for the 2021 cycle.

agreed, if and when we land Peter Costelli, we will have landed Adrian Martinez (Top 100 4 star QB), Luke McCaffrey (Top 250 4 star QB), and Logan Smothers (Top 250 4 star QB). Now add Peter Costelli to that mix...yep, absolutely loaded QB room. 2021 could be a pass on a QB if we can’t land an elite QB in the class.

agreed, if and when we land Peter Costelli, we will have landed Adrian Martinez (Top 100 4 star QB), Luke McCaffrey (Top 250 4 star QB), and Logan Smothers (Top 250 4 star QB). Now add Peter Costelli to that mix...yep, absolutely loaded QB room. 2021 could be a pass on a QB if we can’t land an elite QB in the class.
Costelli is in the 2021 class.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I wouldn’t forget about Jake Garcia. He is a 5 star commit to USC and a great passer and average runner. But his dad started at NU and I wouldn’t be surprised if USC made a coaching change next fall.

With QBs transferring so often these days, I think it makes sense to bring in a scholarship kid each year or at least a quality walk-on.

With QBs transferring so often these days, I think it makes sense to bring in a scholarship kid each year or at least a quality walk-on.
Was about to post the same thing. You have to recruit that position every year because (1) attrition and (2) what if you don't find someone of comparable talent the next cycle?

I have a good feel for Davis and I believe that ship sailed. I like him the best of the QBs for that class but from what I am told he just likes Fuentes offense a lot. He is a dynamic runner but I don’t get the feeling he likes to run the ball as much as he had to this year.
He still has 12 months before he signs but I don’t see a flip to Nebraska in the cards.
I agree. Early on, I think we were in on him, but he likes what he likes.
I think its as simple as that, but yes, at one point, we were his leader.
Nothing wrong with getting the right fit as a qb, actually, everything right with it.

Before this staf,It's why when we didn't have anything prolific, our offense was run of the mill, we struggled with top guys.
Now, we can go after them, but our coaches know who is still tops on their board, and a true 1B player for them, not the services rankings.
Those differences matter, and it mattered to Davis too.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT