ADVERTISEMENT

Best way to watch Nebraska football remotely

NikkiSixx

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 14, 2013
Curious what is the best way to watch from the other side of the globe.. I can use a vpn but it's becoming more and more difficult to use. Family member used to let me use their cable account, but that's been geo blocked and restricted since last season. If you don't check in on the wifi ever month or so, they nix it too.

Even the more expensive services (Fubo, Google TV, etc) now are restricting access if you're using a vpn, and if you don't use the vpn, they flat out tell you it's not available 'in your area'.

I don't understand why they do this.. I mean who should care where you are watching from?

If anyone has any good ideas, please let me know.

My wife likes watching Dancing With The Stars here in the USA along with the many different versions offered in other countries which are of course geo blocked unless an iptv/vpn account is used.

Costs me about $25 per month along with the cable fee of course but since it keeps her happy it's worth it.

I think it's interesting that those and many other shows are aired ad free unlike the US shows.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Curious what is the best way to watch from the other side of the globe.. I can use a vpn but it's becoming more and more difficult to use. Family member used to let me use their cable account, but that's been geo blocked and restricted since last season. If you don't check in on the wifi ever month or so, they nix it too.

Even the more expensive services (Fubo, Google TV, etc) now are restricting access if you're using a vpn, and if you don't use the vpn, they flat out tell you it's not available 'in your area'.

I don't understand why they do this.. I mean who should care where you are watching from?

I installed a fake GPS on my phone and had some luck saying I was in another city and picking up the other feed on the networks.

I watch a ton of streaming events online. I have a pop up blocker which helps. Firstrowsports will have several links on a Saturday but you will get the barrage of pop ups. Atdhe and nflbite are decent as well

We use NordVPN and use a friends Spectrum account. I've also used NordVPN and watch from Foxsports.com for the Fox and B1G network games. I live in the DR
That’s what I did a few years back.. used a VPN and streamed from a hotel. Worked out well.

Last season there was someone on youtube who live streamed half of the games. No guarantees they will this year. The users name was FORZEROTOO.
I watched a few free heavyweight fights that way, I think it was hulu stream..one of them I had to hit refresh alot

We use NordVPN and use a friends Spectrum account. I've also used NordVPN and watch from Foxsports.com for the Fox and B1G network games. I live in the DR and use a mini-computer to stream.
Are you using the VPN to make it seem like you are in the states or because it is blocked out in the DR?

Move “States Side.”

Last edited:
Are you using the VPN to make it seem like you are in the states or because it is blocked out in the DR?
If we do not use NORD, we can not use American-based programming. With Netflix, we use the Dominican side since it has better movies that the US side. Yes, all American programming is blocked in the DR.

We hook up to the VPN prior to streaming. If you hook up the VPN after signing into the stream it won't allow you in. With NORD you can select the city you want to log into, so if you want east coast programming use Miami or NYC. If you want the midwest use Kansas City or Chicago...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT