ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Fant

cdriftt24

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 29, 2012
Sound to me like this kid is not 100% solid with Iowa? He is visiting Minnesota this weekend, and is talking with Iowa coaches today. I think they want a yes or no and if they don't get one they may move on? What does everyone think?

Sound to me like this kid is not 100% solid with Iowa? He is visiting Minnesota this weekend, and is talking with Iowa coaches today. I think they want a yes or no and if they don't get one they may move on? What does everyone think?
Hard pass

Reactions: JHball
The push for the TE out of Missouri makes me doubt he ends up at NU. That would be a lot of TEs to take unless they were gonna let him commit and then be like, "You signed? Great, go practice with the d-ends LOL!"

Reactions: 94husker
The push for the TE out of Missouri makes me doubt he ends up at NU. That would be a lot of TEs to take unless they were gonna let him commit and then be like, "You signed? Great, go practice with the d-ends LOL!"

Makes sense, but given the number of scholarship bodies at the tight end position, one would think we could accommodate two this class. Edit: never mind, I forgot about Stoll.

I think today will probably be a make or break on if he goes to Iowa or not. I would say it is 50/50.

If he really does, or did, commit to Minnesota, my bet is it won't be the last time he commits to a University.

I said on our board and came over here and told you guys that I only believed he'd be a Hawkeye when he signed. Of course he is still listed as an Iowa commit, but there are a lot of rumors swirling, you know how they are. They are from the "he is not 100% on Iowa" to "Iowa has cooled on him" to "Iowa has told him if he visits Minny, he doesn't have a guaranteed spot in the class". Who knows what is true? The rumors on Iowa's end stem mostly from the fact that we just offered Sam Brodner out of Illinois who was a Vandy commit.

I think Fant is a good athlete, but if his recruiting is any indication then I wouldn't be surprised if he is a kid that would transfer from a program when things do not go his way.

IMO his real problem is he doesn't wanna listen when coaches tell him DE is his best position. He wants to catch passes and score TDs and he's gonna end up doing it way down the ladder.

Reactions: Cornicator
IMO his real problem is he doesn't wanna listen when coaches tell him DE is his best position. He wants to catch passes and score TDs and he's gonna end up doing it way down the ladder.
I have watched him in person a few times. IMHO he is better off at TE. No expert of course.

He can go somewhere else.

Let's talk about what car you would buy if you won a million or two.

Last edited:
He can go somewhere else.

Let's talk about what car you would buy if you won a million or two.
1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible

1959-Cadillac-Eldorado-Biarritz-Convertible-white-fa-lr.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SC_'sker and c2o
Noah is not playing FB in Lincoln . He seems like a great guy. Smart too . I never thought he was playing us. Just a young guy that is having a very tough time making a decision and perhaps too many family members trying to steer him. We've all seen this before. Now that South popped #2 Prep easily without him may bring him down a bit.

Reactions: dinglefritz
if he is indeed in iowa city this weekend, it will be over one way or the other.
he will either re confirm his commitment there. or they will move on, and it will be between other schools

Noah is not playing FB in Lincoln . He seems like a great guy. Smart too . I never thought he was playing us. Just a young guy that is having a very tough time making a decision and perhaps too many family members trying to steer him. We've all seen this before. Now that South popped #2 Prep easily without him may bring him down a bit.
This is a huge decision for a young man and criticizing him for waffling is ridiculous. It isn't all about what we want.

Reactions: stixon
Ive been on record for a year that I think he's a marginal tight end recruit, and he should focus all his energy to playing DE. He's a big bodied athlete with some explosiveness in short bursts. However, his ability to avoid tackles and change direct is below average. I would argue every tight end already at Iowa has more skill after the catch than Fant. I hope he does choose Nebraska because he's a home state kid who could fill a need on defense down the road. But if he really wants to play tight end only, I don't believe he will ever get on the field in front of the tight ends Riley has been targeting.

Ive been on record for a year that I think he's a marginal tight end recruit, and he should focus all his energy to playing DE. He's a big bodied athlete with some explosiveness in short bursts. However, his ability to avoid tackles and change direct is below average. I would argue every tight end already at Iowa has more skill after the catch than Fant. I hope he does choose Nebraska because he's a home state kid who could fill a need on defense down the road. But if he really wants to play tight end only, I don't believe he will ever get on the field in front of the tight ends Riley has been targeting.
Hard to say how a kid that big is going to develop over the next 4-5 years. In any case, his skills have to be at least as good as Cotton's and some of the guys we've had there over the past 15 years. We play a lot of bodies on offense and more than likely we would find a role for him that maximized his skill set. I'm a lot less worried about run after the catch from a TE than I am a WR.

Pry has been posted but at the Omaha South Millard West basketball game the Minnesota coaches were there trying to obviously flip him from Iowa

Pry has been posted but at the Omaha South Millard West basketball game the Minnesota coaches were there trying to obviously flip him from Iowa

Omaha Souths basketball coach didn't seem real happy with Fant in his post game presser (Fant did not play in the game and it doesn't seem to be due to injury).

I don't think it always results with them pulling the offer if we are talking about Iowa. It does however open their spot back up and he might not have it when he finally "decides". This happened to a DB from Oklahoma last year (name escapes me)...took some other visits close to signing day and they filled the spot; then the kid committed to Iowa and they told them they didn't have the scholly for him.

I don't blame Fant for wanting to visit other schools but he should have done that the last few months, not a few days before signing day.

Reactions: hawkssox1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT