ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Fant

I don't think it always results with them pulling the offer if we are talking about Iowa. It does however open their spot back up and he might not have it when he finally "decides". This happened to a DB from Oklahoma last year (name escapes me)...took some other visits close to signing day and they filled the spot; then the kid committed to Iowa and they told them they didn't have the scholly for him.

I'd fall over RollingLaughif Io_a pulled his offer, the only choice remaining is Minnesota, by scholarship available for him default.

When will the radio announcement be? And here I thought he was solid, and "done"
Ive been on record for a year that I think he's a marginal tight end recruit, and he should focus all his energy to playing DE. He's a big bodied athlete with some explosiveness in short bursts. However, his ability to avoid tackles and change direct is below average. I would argue every tight end already at Iowa has more skill after the catch than Fant. I hope he does choose Nebraska because he's a home state kid who could fill a need on defense down the road. But if he really wants to play tight end only, I don't believe he will ever get on the field in front of the tight ends Riley has been targeting.
Hes an offensive guy. Period..

Well, we were told by Io_a fans that Jackson is soon to commit which means Farniok won't have an offer. Now, you'll take both and pull Fant's offer.

Seriously man, you can't make this shit up, I'm sure tomorrow it'll be something else.

Why is that so hard to fathom? Especially with the way Iowa coaches handle these things.

You know you can only take so many kids in a class; this isn't the SEC.

Why is that so hard to fathom? Especially with the way Iowa coaches handle these things.

You know you can only take so many kids in a class; this isn't the SEC.

Io_a isn't taking Jackson over Farniok, no way no how, that's why. They're also not going to release Fant of his scholarship, unless he decides to go elsewhere, and with everything thrown around in the last 24 hours his only option left is Minnesota (besides Io_a).

If Io_a felt so strong on both OT's, they would've pulled Fant's offer the second he arrived on the Gophers campus.

Fant visiting Minnesota, and since Ferentz has a "pull an offer when you visit another school", when should we expect Io_a to man up? :rolleyes:

Welcome to 10 years ago. That "rule" has been gone for ages now, but nice to see your obession with our program continues unabated.

Welcome to 10 years ago. That "rule" has been gone for ages now, but nice to see your obession with our program continues unabated.
Says the Hawk fan on a Nebraska board. Stay in your lane, get some help with your obsessing

Reactions: ssmill777
From what I have head they like Jackson's upside better right now than Farnoik but I am not sure why it matters to you.

Like I said they like all 3 and want all 3 but only have 2 rides left.

Reactions: The_Gent
From what I have head they like Jackson's upside better right now than Farnoik but I am not sure why it matters to you.

That translates to this.."We might land Jackson, probably won't land Farnoik, so we'll act like he's the one we all want anyway"

Reactions: lovetheskers

Who are the three? I thought you only had 1 spot left and it was between Jackson and Farniok.

I couldn't care less, it's funny as heck though to read the different stories from Ha_kturds.

Good luck getting anyone to believe that though. You've spent over 2 years recruiting Matt, spent countless time & money visiting Sioux Falls to see him, and are recruiting his younger brother for the next 2 seasons or so. Ya, you'll take Jackson over him. :rolleyes:

I have no dog in this, but a herk buddy who is pretty in tune with their football program says Jackson & Farniok are theirs as well as Fant.

Says that a scholarship player on the team has moved on and a different commit may head a different direction for whatever reason.

Don't shoot the messenger, just sharing it now to see how accurate it is on Feb. 3rd.

I have said all along that Farniok was Nebraska's to lose so I don't really get why you are getting so worked up?

No sweat on this kid just make a dam decision-- go to welding school, anything just get it over already.

Jackson has at least 5 friends from Mich on the Iowa team after the weekend was over the big DE recruit from Detroit tweeted " Expect more good news out of Detroit" Jackson is the one he was referring to. Also King DB of the year is coming back and Jackson considers him a mentor.That is the truth . Who knows but Fant and his parents spent a lot of time with Ferentz this past weekend .The deal was sealed when Iowa agreed to rename the school Fant University.

His film suggests otherwise.

Watching him doesn't

I had Omaha South v. Bellevue West game and he was the one of the better, if not, the best pass catching TE or WR I saw all year. BW keyed on him all game, in double, press, and made sure he was hit on every route. He has great hands and uses his frame well. Route and blocking could be improved, but overall very solid offensive prospect. He did have a solid game at DE as well.

I had Omaha South v. Bellevue West game and he was the one of the better, if not, the best pass catching TE or WR I saw all year. BW keyed on him all game, in double, press, and made sure he was hit on every route. He has great hands and uses his frame well. Route and blocking could be improved, but overall very solid offensive prospect. He did have a solid game at DE as well.
He's a great prospect, otherwise these programs wouldn't be putting up with this chit.

Jan 26 Sharp and Benning radio show interviewing Fant " As of right now I will be signing a letter of intent with the University of Iowa" He is also supended from the BB team right now. A lot of moving parts stay tuned.

Jan 26 Sharp and Benning radio show interviewing Fant " As of right now I will be signing a letter of intent with the University of Iowa" He is also supended from the BB team right now. A lot of moving parts stay tuned.
Time to get him in studio and figure this out "for sure"

just for the heck of it .. how old is this huskertimomaha guy on here ? sure gets his jigs by calling names .must make him feel better ..

A guy on the Ia premium boards who is actually connected ( not just a computer know it all) is calling all 3 (Jackson,Fant and Farinok to Iowa Lose some win some. Sounds like election season.

Good for you Timmy as I am glad you are looking out for others and their perfect grammar etc.
Or do you keep that officiating only for ' outsiders ' ?
Interesting as you called me out there . I will try my best to please your perfection requirements . I happened to have rhetoric as one of my prolific classes at a much more recognized higher level institution as I for sure guarantee than what you have in your portfolio .

So, to keep this real and on topic, Iowa happens to have some of these recruits in a situation the same as you do and in some cases it's first come, first served . I never bashed Neb at all and just stated what was being seen and heard in regards to these athletes .

You are so defensive . I lived in Omaha for over 10 years and you guys are like no other . Compassion , yes, but total hatred for EVERY other team. It used to be Oklahoma, then Colorado and the Florida schools, KSU, Missouri, on and on.
I always asked my pals in Omaha as to who was their 2nd favorite school and they could not answer that . Hatred for all .

I'm not implying anything, but it's really strange to me that a good football player like Fant would consider playing football at Iowa when he has offers to play elsewhere.

Good for you Timmy as I am glad you are looking out for others and their perfect grammar etc.
Or do you keep that officiating only for ' outsiders ' ?
Interesting as you called me out there . I will try my best to please your perfection requirements . I happened to have rhetoric as one of my prolific classes at a much more recognized higher level institution as I for sure guarantee than what you have in your portfolio .

So, to keep this real and on topic, Iowa happens to have some of these recruits in a situation the same as you do and in some cases it's first come, first served . I never bashed Neb at all and just stated what was being seen and heard in regards to these athletes .

You are so defensive . I lived in Omaha for over 10 years and you guys are like no other . Compassion , yes, but total hatred for EVERY other team. It used to be Oklahoma, then Colorado and the Florida schools, KSU, Missouri, on and on.
I always asked my pals in Omaha as to who was their 2nd favorite school and they could not answer that . Hatred for all .
Fo me its Stanford, Texas a&m, Northwestern

Omaha Souths basketball coach didn't seem real happy with Fant in his post game presser (Fant did not play in the game and it doesn't seem to be due to injury).
I was talking about the game in December at South. I didn't see them play the most recent time but that is interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT