ADVERTISEMENT

No school tomorrow

O'Neill is nowhere near Banner County
Rock County???

Had a playoff game out there YEARS ago...I can't remember much about it. I just know the people were AMAZINGLY nice to us since we came all the way from Omaha.

I am old too and we had snow days. I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

The difference was...we did not know until THAT MORNING and we heard it on the radio.
I figured you got the news through one of these
D-Day Escape Room GIF by Escape Hunt UK

Rock County???

Had a playoff game out there YEARS ago...I can't remember much about it. I just know the people were AMAZINGLY nice to us since we came all the way from Omaha.
Omaha???

I lived there a few decades ago. Did not care for the City then and even less now. I still visit my sister there but find most people indifferent to one on one casual contact. And I came all the way from Dixon County to be friendly.

Last edited:
Yep got the text. No more though. Not trying to go longer than needed. I'm sick from my trip to UK so I took last Friday off as it was

Stop. These guys really need to tell everyone about how tough they are.
You're damn right!! I once had to kill a buffalo on the way to school. Cut it open and crawled in to stay warm. Waited for Blizzard to pass. Had a nice meal and had a nice coat to wear after that. Still made it to class. Was known as the great white tatanka killer in grade school. 😌

Last edited:
It's hard to call in for weather when you work from home. Me and my friends used to work nights and call in for bad weather but somehow could still make it to the bar.

We had a saying - if you're going to go out with the boys, then you got to get up with the men.

Looks brutal out there this morning. Glad they canceled.

Stop. These guys really need to tell everyone about how tough they are.
I don't think it is about how tough they are, I think times have just changed and overall the US is becoming softer as time passes. Schools are ridiculous these days. My hometown in Central Nebraska cancelled school one day last year because of wind... I get trying to be safe with bus routes and snow and ice, but the wind was pretty comical. Also, out here in NC they cancelled school already today for the threat of thunderstorms. It's currently 44 and drizzling in Raleigh.. It just seems comical as the private school one of my daughters is in still has school all day. My other daughter at public school is out.. Don't get me wrong, I would be ecstatic as a kid, but I do remember growing up in Colorado Springs and Nebraska and basically never got snow days unless it was absolutely terrible. I can remember going to school one day in the Springs and there was probably literally 15 inches on the ground and we still went to school. Times have just changed.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Good coach…even better dude…he’ll do as well as anyone can at Mount Michael.
I almost took a FB gig out at Mount Mikes a few years back. I knew a few guys on staff that I had coached with years ago.

I met with the head coach and he was great but the time commitment he wanted was insane, especially for that school.

If you’re asking me, I actually don’t know much about him. Clearly a good recruiter though.
I had never even heard of him before but I am not really connected into that world as much. And I don't know a ton of Millard guys anymore.

I don't think it is about how tough they are, I think times have just changed and overall the US is becoming softer as time passes. Schools are ridiculous these days. My hometown in Central Nebraska cancelled school one day last year because of wind... I get trying to be safe with bus routes and snow and ice, but the wind was pretty comical. Also, out here in NC they cancelled school already today for the threat of thunderstorms. It's currently 44 and drizzling in Raleigh.. It just seems comical as the private school one of my daughters is in still has school all day. My other daughter at public school is out.. Don't get me wrong, I would be ecstatic as a kid, but I do remember growing up in Colorado Springs and Nebraska and basically never got snow days unless it was absolutely terrible. I can remember going to school one day in the Springs and there was probably literally 15 inches on the ground and we still went to school. Times have just changed.
It's definitely people inferring how tough they are and complaining how soft other people are. Which would be funny but I know these people are serious.

People get softer with time? Shocking. Isn't it kind of impossible not to? People used to live in caves. I never give a second thought to how soft I am drinking beer and watching football in my climate controlled house compared to cavemen. Why would it be any different for a different era?

You're not wrong. However, as I've gotten older I've become cold adverse. I guess that's how it goes, so I'm told. I was Superman when I was younger, I suspect most of us were. Trekking through cold twerent no big deal. Getting old sucks ass.

You're not wrong. However, as I've gotten older I've become cold adverse. I guess that's how it goes, so I'm told. I was Superman when I was younger, I suspect most of us were. Trekking through cold twerent no big deal. Getting old sucks ass.
I agree with this. When I was in HS and at UNL I'd go to class with shorts and a hoodie on if it wasn't windy when the temp was near 0. Now I freeze to death if the temp is below 50. Living in NC doesn't help that but definitely starting to hate the cold and only really enjoy it when I ski.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
The consensus today was that we would not be at school Friday and Monday which was a PD day might become a virtual PD day

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT