ADVERTISEMENT

No school tomorrow

Snow Day GIF by DINOSALLY
I personally hope you wake up in the morning with no excuse not to go to work other than a faked illness. My invalid wife is scheduled for 2-3 hours of tests we have been trying to schedule since November. We have an ADA front wheel van but I am 69 and use a cane myself to get around. When you message your boss in the morning don't forget to add a few "coff-coffs" for realism.

No trees in the sandhills. Everyone cut them down to heat their houses in the winter.
That is what cow chips are for along with windmills and solar panels. Leave those trees and fuel oil alone. They belong to the guvment so they have adequate resources to guvment us properly so they can prevent us from making mistakes that we haven't even heard about yet.

The pussification of America. Back in the 60s if there was 6" of snow we put on overshoes, sometimes called goulashes and walked to school or the bus stop. If it snowed a 12" we put our shoes in Wonder Bread sacks before we put our shoes in the overshoes, which theoretically helped stop snow from getting down into the overshoes. Girls ALWAYS wore skirts to school except on extreme snow days they could wear "leggings" (what would one day be called "yoga pants") or they could wear something called "coolots" (baggy, long shorts of sorts) with long stockings.

Maybe it happened more and I just forgot, but the only two days I remember school being cancelled were a blizzard in February 1965 and another in March 1966.

I'm really pissed off because they are closing the Omaha YMCAs and Monday is my chest workout. Last winter they closed the Y and all we got was and inch.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I personally hope you wake up in the morning with no excuse not to go to work other than a faked illness. My invalid wife is scheduled for 2-3 hours of tests we have been trying to schedule since November. We have an ADA front wheel van but I am 69 and use a cane myself to get around. When you message your boss in the morning don't forget to add a few "coff-coffs" for realism.
I hope you two make it safely and they come back with whatever news is good news.
God bless you both.

The pussification of America. Back in the 60s if there was 6" of snow we put on overshoes, sometimes called goulashes and walked to school or the bus stop. If it snowed a 12" we put our shoes in Wonder Bread sacks before we put our shoes in the overshoes, which theoretically helped stop snow from getting down into the overshoes. Girls ALWAYS wore skirts to school except on extreme snow days they could wear "leggings" (what would one day be called "yoga pants") or they could wear something called "coolots" (baggy, long shorts of sorts) with long stockings.

Maybe it happened more and I just forgot, but the only two days I remember school being cancelled were a blizzard in February 1965 and another in March 1966.

I'm really pissed off because they are closing the Omaha YMCAs and Monday is my chest workout. Last winter they closed the Y and all we got was and inch.
Wed -- join Anytime Fitness. Locations in Plattsmouth, Glenwood and Nebraska City, all closer to you than the Omaha YMCA. They never close.

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

• Haha
Reactions: Huskers123456
Good luck 🍀

Reactions: dragonraider1

Thinking back now it's so bizarre that girls still wore their skirts along with their snow pants.

I'll never forget the aroma of rows of woolen coats, gloves, and hats drip drying in the back of our classroom.

We lived about 6 blocks from our elementary school and I remember walking to & from school after a lot of big snows. Being a kid I frequently walked through the deepest drifts and on top of the highest ridges of plowed snow.

A snow day in elementary school meant an extra day of sledding! I want to now thank all those who had toboggans, large sheets of cardboard, and saucers for putting down a nice hard base of snow which was perfect for me & my flexible flyer.
🛷😎

Reactions: Lincoln100

God bless the early versions of yoga pants that paved the way for the yoga pants thread.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.

Pushups!

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
School cancelled in GI. 3 co-workers on my team live out of town and are working from home. I came in. It's peaceful. Hoping I can hold out the day. Hate working from home.

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
School cancelled in GI. 3 co-workers on my team live out of town and are working from home. I came in. It's peaceful. Hoping I can hold out the day. Hate working from home.
One of friends took a new job and they asked him if he wanted a laptop so he could work from home...

He said "no, I don't want to work from home" his wife works from home.

I think it's a tricky call. Maybe it didn't snow as much as predicted, yet it's still snowing. But for how much more and for how much longer? I think the bigger issue is the winds that are coming in. It will produce near blizzard conditions overnight and might pose a problem tomorrow morning.

I think it's a tricky call. Maybe it didn't snow as much as predicted, yet it's still snowing. But for how much more and for how much longer? I think the bigger issue is the winds that are coming in. It will produce near blizzard conditions overnight and might pose a problem tomorrow morning.
This snow is soooooo wet and heavy (like my wife) that I don't think it is going to blow much (also, like my wife), I think the bigger issue might be if it freezes and gets super slick (Also...you know what, never mind)

This snow is soooooo wet and heavy (like my wife) that I don't think it is going to blow much (also, like my wife), I think the bigger issue might be if it freezes and gets super slick (Also...you know what, never mind)
Don't know about your wife, but the snow is likely to become more dry

Reactions: dragonraider1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT