ADVERTISEMENT

No more balloons - a tradition dies

Please list the accomplishments of our new AD that have convinced you it was a great hire. The largest 2 revenue sports in the athletic department have regressed under his watch - and may be the worst in all of power 5 sports and perhaps the history of the big ten. The overwhelming favorite to WIN the league in baseball failed to even make the tournament costing the city of Omaha and state millions of dollars. An assistant basketball coach impregnated one of his players and the head football coach has a show clause due to NCAA violations.
List ANY accomplishments you've had in your pathetic troll life, asshole.

The tradition I remember as a kid that seemed to fade away. There used to be a group that would walk around tail gates and sell white Carnations with Red N's made out of Pipe cleaners.

My mother always had one on and when I took my Wife to her first game, I had them made at Hy-Vee because to me it was an important tradition that I remembered as a kid.

Traditions are important, but it is always interesting which ones are important to some and easily fade away for others.

Kong going way back - ha.
Kong:

Yes I Know Amazon GIF by Citadel

As someone who has always been a big fan of the balloons but understand that helium is a non renewable important military resource, can we even see the balloons during a night game? When do we need to score by to beat sunset?
If we don’t score by sunset, turn out the lights, the party will be over.

Reactions: huntered
Balloon tradition is kind of dumb. Seems like something Mike Riley would come up with.

Stick with me, but what if we all chipped in for fuel and had the fighters fly over the stadium every time we got a touchdown? Keep those guys in the air for three hours.

• Sad
With all the inventions being made I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a biodegradable balloon that is gone in a day or two after being exposed to the elements. Must be a market out there for balloons that are environmentally friendly.
They were biodegradable. The woke crowd lost every argument until they came up with the helium shortage idea

Balloon tradition is kind of dumb. Seems like something Mike Riley would come up with.

Stick with me, but what if we all chipped in for fuel and had the fighters fly over the stadium every time we got a touchdown? Keep those guys in the air for three hours.
All traditions seem dumb to outsiders .. are you an outsider?

• Haha
With all the inventions being made I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a biodegradable balloon that is gone in a day or two after being exposed to the elements. Must be a market out there for balloons that are environmentally friendly.
But but but then the microparticles will be in the drinking water and it will end up in the gulf and then fish and stuff will die and then the ones that don’t die we’ll eat and then the microparticles will kill us….

Hasn’t the tradition been around since the 60’s in one form or another? Not sure when they started releasing balloons after the first Husker touchdown.
Yeah I think it was. Definitely 70s. I remember them as a youth. They sold both red and white balloons at one time. Student organization fundraiser

Not a fan of bringing balloons back, even if it's only occasionally. I loved the spectacle of it growing up as much as anyone but after years of learning of their polluting nature I felt we should explore other avenues.

After The First Touchdown:
* Numerous giant inflatable footballs materialize around the stadium and get bopped around by the crowd for a few minutes before being snatched back up by stadium staff.

* Red hankies are waved. These could be sold cheaply enough to be an affordable game memento to take home.

* Replace our butt-ugly mascot with a cartoony giant ear of corn that blows it's silk and shoots popcorn out of it's top.

I actually look forward to seeing the red balloons Saturday night one more time, but I hope they re-think this going forward.

Not a fan of bringing balloons back, even if it's only occasionally. I loved the spectacle of it growing up as much as anyone but after years of learning of their polluting nature I felt we should explore other avenues.

* Numerous giant inflatable footballs materialize around the stadium and get bopped around by the crowd for a few minutes before being snatched back up by stadium staff.

* Red hankies are waved. These could be sold cheaply enough to be an affordable game memento to take home.

* Replace our butt-ugly mascot with a cartoony giant ear of corn that blows it's silk and shoots popcorn out of it's top.

I actually look forward to seeing the red balloons Saturday night one more time, but I hope they re-think this going forward.
“Not a fan of red ballon”.
TAKE A HIKE.

there is zero environmental impact

obviously

we cannot even measure the temperature of the ocean accurately from one day to the next. you honestly think we can project environmental impact of ballons?

lmao. marks

🙄 here’s one of those purple - haired freaks

They were biodegradable. The woke crowd lost every argument until they came up with the helium shortage idea
I don't think they were biodegradable in the short term of a couple of days so unfortunately still posed a hazard to animals.

It is 7 home games a year. Do you think all these balloons pop and land directly into the mouth of a turtle or on the wings of a bald eagle?

Nothing happens, the "pollution" is MAYBE one person notices a popped ballon on the street.

It is 7 home games a year. Do you think all these balloons pop and land directly into the mouth of a turtle or on the wings of a bald eagle?

Nothing happens, the "pollution" is MAYBE one person notices a popped ballon on the street.
The waste of helium is a much bigger deal than the pollution. Is the balloon tradition a big impact on helium supply? No idea but I doubt it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT