ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball 2.5 over Herky

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a wasted possession by Palmer.
Yeah...follow this logic. Let the ball roll to half court to preserve precious time (?), then pass it back and forth on the deep perimeter and chuck a 30-footer with tons of shot clock left. We are so hard to watch, at times. Thought we were better than this. This happens with a coach who is more weak than strong . We play well if mojo happens to be there and the street ball is working. If not, I don't feel at Al confident that answers are coming from bench instruction. Hope we can find a way to win.

We could very well win this game or get beat by 20. We are so Jekyll and Hyde . Unfortunately mostly Hyde

I'm disappointed to see Iowa just flat outworking and outhustling our guys. Not impressed.

I'm disappointed to see Iowa just flat outworking and outhustling our guys. Not impressed.
Yep. Copeland's 25 points is nice, but when he rebounds like he is in junior high, with 3 minutes left...kinda takes the shine off.

Yeah with all the crying in this thread about Miles, the worst thing is how much we just get outworked physically. Guys not exerting themselves when blocking out seems to always cost us.

God that was a horrible possession he had a guy wide open in the corner for a three.

Losing on the road to a ranked team is a bad loss?
I would say the loss is absolutely bad when it is a game you need to play with real focus and urgency (at least make it a point to defend well and hit the boards, hard)...and don't. At least Palmer wore yellow shoes.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Look at Maryland and Minnesota. Unranked and in the top half of the BIG. Common denominator? Wins over nebraska.

200w.gif

Had to steal this one!

Reactions: GoBigRedHead
Terrible 3 pt shooting ....terrible offensive sets and yes out hustled on the glass...loose balls.. and refs didnt help.. perfect recipe for the schit show we saw tonight

Setting up for the Rick Petino era to commence in the 2019-2020 season

Mr Moos. It's time.
We are in a crap situation for getting rid of Miles. Obviously if we dont make the tourney he's gone but we likely only need 6 or 7 more wins to get in the dance. Hopefully then Miles leaves us for greener pastures. I have my doubts though.

I would say the loss is absolutely bad when it is a game you need to play with real focus and urgency (at least make it a point to defend well and hit the boards, hard)...and don't. At least Palmer wore yellow shoes.
We needed a win but Incarnate Word is a bad loss. This is a loss to a ranked team on the road.

This team is going to have to be flawless at home yet again. Margin for error is razor thin with Miles on the road against good teams.

F*ck Miles and f*ck his half-assed poorly coached team. I'm done watching them. They can lose out for all I care, as long as he is not the coach next year.
I've resigned to having them on in the other room. I cant watch them close my eyes would just bleed.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Nebraska fans wanting to fire a coach one week after we were in the top 25. LOL. God the internet is a terrible place. Perspective people.

Reactions: Huskred01
My biggest takeaway from this game is that the Huskers - especially Palmer - HAVE to cut back on the non-productive pissing around at the beginning of so many possessions. I'm frankly amazed they were able to break 80 points considering the amount of time they "Sadlered" away.

Also have to cut down on the stupid reach-in fouls. Watson got one 80 feet from the basket and another about 40 feet from the basket - and what do you know, he ends up in foul trouble. When you don't have much depth, you can't waste fouls that way.

It's gonna be a struggle every time they don't shoot well. Which is probably every road game. I also feel like their issues on defense are really starting to effect the offense. You can see how frustrated they are with their inability to do anything with guys like Cook, Murphy, etc. etc. They have no idea what to do. I don't know how this game was as close as it was, actually. It felt like a blowout even though it wasn't.

Reactions: blackshirts4life339
I don’t see how this team makes the ncaa, which is unbelievable given the players we had return. Nebrasketball is truly a joke. Always has been, probably always will be. How many days till football?

We needed a win but Incarnate Word is a bad loss. This is a loss to a ranked team on the road.
I get what you are saying, in one sense, for sure. The problem with this loss is that it illustrates that, in some really critical areas, we still don't get it. A coach with a heavier hand at the wheel would help, IMO.

I can’t even figure out why Iowa is ranked. There is no way they finish the year ranked. Unless the refs keep bailing them out like the stats suggest they have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT