ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball 2.5 over Herky

Status
Not open for further replies.
as I previously said several weeks ago...probably NO NCAA....ESPECIALLY NO NCAA VICTORY...as long as Tim Miles can not coach his team to win a league game away from the comfort and safety of PBA...AND as long as Tim Miles is coach. Again..he is a great interview...but a horrible coach and should have been fired a couple years ago. SO now, well give him a contract extension...then fire him.

no one complains more about officiating than stoo-pid iwegian basketball fans and coach fwaaaaan

Huh?

After trying to dissect that, I think what you're trying to say is ISU has referees conspiring against them.
Man.... I knew we get in foul trouble and then look like crap! 44 points to this team when Defense is supposed to be our strength? Tyler Cook is the best player in the floor. He continues to get to the line, and we have Heimann and Borchardt trying to guard him and Garza (who isn’t even healthy). One half to go but man what a disappointing half

Was laughing with my husker buddies - If you combined teams of Iowa Bigs & UNL guards, it's final four!

Couple things...

3pt. pct was the difference tonight

Iowa 45% UNL 17%

I thought refs were ok, some tick tack stuff, some bad no calls both ways - refs rarely are the difference in a game & tonight had no bearing.

Iowa's ¾ court press really screwed up UNL's shot clock for the first half and parts of the second. I think length kind of caught them offguard too.

Neb. fans should be encouraged because they hung in there on an off night. Iowa does that too, but B1G on the road is no joke. Except for Michigan or MSU who seemingly make it look easy.

Neither one of these teams are top 25 worthy - more around 36-40.

Good game & I have no doubt UNL returns the favor in Lincoln. Pretty evenly matched teams.

Last edited:
I really believe Steve Petersen should have said that about basketball not football. IMO fans are used to it and Nebraska basketball will always be mediocre unless there is a bill Snyder of basketball coaches out there and is willing to take the Nebraska job. Think of it this way NU basketball is Charlie Brown and is going to finally going to kick that football and the last second Lucy pulls it away

There’s absolutely nothing worse then a fan base of a never was basketball program (Iowa) telling fans of another never was basketball program (Nebraska) what needs to be changed in the program...........oops, well there’s one thing worse, a fan base of a never was football program (iowa) trying to relate to fans of a once was elite, blueblood football program (Nebraska). That’s definitely worse.

Losing on the road to a ranked team is a bad loss?

Iowa just got man handled by Purdue, probably won't be in the top 25.

Nebraska has to start actually winning games soon, not just relying on computer metrics telling them how good they are.

Iowa just got man handled by Purdue, probably won't be in the top 25.

Nebraska has to start actually winning games soon, not just relying on computer metrics telling them how good they are.

Exactly, now they have to do it and win some games in the B1G to get there..

Nebraska can't impose their will against anybody on the basketball floor.

Tonight was the icing. My "gut" is it's downhill from here.

Didn't Moos say he always has a sheet of paper in his top desk drawer with four or five replacement coaches listed "just in case"? I hope after this game he slid the drawer open just to make sure the list is still there and current.

There’s absolutely nothing worse then a fan base of a never was basketball program (Iowa) telling fans of another never was basketball program (Nebraska) what needs to be changed in the program...........oops, well there’s one thing worse, a fan base of a never was football program (iowa) trying to relate to fans of a once was elite, blueblood football program (Nebraska). That’s definitely worse.
Let me think, 1 Nation Championship appearance, 3 Final Fours appearances , 4 Elite Eight appearances, 8 Sweet Sixteen appearances, 25 NCAA tournament appearances, B1G regular season championships, and B1G tournament championships. I agree Nebraska is a never was program in BB however Iowa has history that Nebraska will never ever reach in BB.

Didn't Moos say he always has a sheet of paper in his top desk drawer with four or five replacement coaches listed "just in case"? I hope after this game he slid the drawer open just to make sure the list is still there and current.

Didnt he hire ernie kent? I'm not that hopeful.

Let me think, 1 Nation Championship appearance, 3 Final Fours appearances , 4 Elite Eight appearances, 8 Sweet Sixteen appearances, 25 NCAA tournament appearances, B1G regular season championships, and B1G tournament championships. I agree Nebraska is a never was program in BB however Iowa has history that Nebraska will never ever reach in BB.

Two final fours were when the tourney was 16 teams. Its like claiming a football title in 1939, meaningless.

C'mon that's just kind of silly, Iowa was viewed by many as an elite basketball program in the late 70's, 80's and parts of the 90's. Granted, it was many moons ago, but definitely not a 'never was' - there's some solid footing there.

Reactions: sltldowney

How many of those in the last 30 years?

Good point, kind of like claiming a mythical football championship before the playoffs, meaningless.
Says the fan of a program that claims Co-Big Ten titles. One in which they “share” with the National Champion and the other with a team they lost to. I’m 32 and have yet to witness Iowa win a “solo” Big Ten football championship.

Says the fan of a program that claims Co-Big Ten titles. One in which they “share” with the National Champion and the other with a team they lost to. I’m 32 and have yet to witness Iowa win a “solo” Big Ten football championship.
Mythical is still mythical without a playoff involved, just saying!

Reactions: sltldowney
It doesn’t even bother me to take $hit from other fans regarding our b-ball program. It’s awful and we deserve every jab we get. As a Husker fan I’d love to see us turn it around, but I just don’t see it with this team or Miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT