ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball 2.5 over Herky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iowa may actually have had more talent on the floor than Nebraska if you go by star ratings.

I don’t think so. I know Iowa doesn’t have one 5 star on there team let alone on the floor, Huskers have one in Copeland. Are starting 5, maybe it’s 4 are all top 150 players. But after this season, Iowa will be the team with the most talent. But not this year. Hoosker Du is right this season anyways, we have more talent then Iowa and still found away to lose. Truly unbelievable.

Arguing that Iowa has no basketball "clout" makes Husker fans look even lamer. Come on.
You’re right. Iowa is a wrestling school with decent basketball and football programs. In order:
Wrestling
Basketball
Football
Baseball

Iowa basketball definitely has a richer more nationally relevant history than Iowa football.

There’s absolutely nothing worse then a fan base of a never was basketball program (Iowa) telling fans of another never was basketball program (Nebraska) what needs to be changed in the program...........oops, well there’s one thing worse, a fan base of a never was football program (iowa) trying to relate to fans of a once was elite, blueblood football program (Nebraska). That’s definitely worse.
Iowa isn’t Kentucky, but for crying out loud....internet fans are pathetic- quit being silly. Until Alford got there they went to something like 20 NCAAs in 25 years....he went to some. I don’t believe Davis ever lost a first round NCAA game at Iowa. Even McCaffery who Iowa fans are really tired of has taken them to as many Tournaments that we’ve been to in our history...and wins a game when he gets there.

You’re not funny on a night everyone is pissed

Reactions: sltldowney
I don’t think so. I know Iowa doesn’t have one 5 star on there team let alone on the floor, Huskers have one in Copeland. Are starting 5, maybe it’s 4 are all top 150 players. But after this season, Iowa will be the team with the most talent. But not this year. Hoosker Du is right this season anyways, we have more talent then Iowa and still found away to lose. Truly unbelievable.
Maybe but it's debatable.
Wieskamp 4* top 50
Cook 4* top 100
Garza 4* top 150
McCaffery 4* top 150

How is it debatable, just because you favor your guys over ours doesn’t change the rankings. Palmer Jr, Watson, Roby and Allen are all top 150s (Watson, PALMER Jr and Allen top 100s) and Copeland was a 5 star. He was ranked top 23. So yea, like you pointed out to us. Huskers have the edge with talent.

Last edited:
How is it debatable, just because you favor your guys over ours doesn’t change the rankings. Palmer Jr, Watson, Roby and Allen are all top 150s (Watson and Allen top 100s) and Copeland was a 5 star. Can’t remember what exact ranking he had but that’s top 15 or 20??? So yea, like you pointed out to us. Huskers have the edge with talent.

I know stars are a big deal or whatever & I won't disagree with that. I said Cook being the best on the floor (ya know, after high schools stars are awarded) is not up for debate right now.

BTN broadcast? It was on BTN tinight.

Doesn’t matter dude. Go pound your chest about your Iowa player on your Iowa board. We disagree, simple as that. Heck when you looks at season stats there similar. Palmer Jr have the edge with points and Cook with Rebounds and about the same assists. So could go either way. But give up trying to convince us to flip to your beliefs bro. Not happening.

IMO this team lives and dies by palmer, to me it appears palmer is either pouting or something else the last two games especially today

Right and he still scores 20 points with 4 assists.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
I never argued he wasn't, but after the star ratings you still have to play the games - not just say oh guy was a 5 star therefore hes automatically better on the floor, in actual games. That belongs to Cook.

If you want, we'll revisit at end of year which player ends up the best.

Dude that Does NOT belong to Cook. That’s Palmers all day and twice on Sunday. Dislike it, take it to your Iowa board and thump your chest.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Doesn’t matter dude. Go pound your chest about your Iowa player on your Iowa board. We disagree, simple as that. Heck when you looks at season stats there similar. Palmer Jr have the edge with points and Cook with Rebounds and about the same assists. So could go either way. But give up trying to convince us to flip to your beliefs bro. Not happening.

Right and he still scores 20 points with 4 assists.
To each their own. Glad you have a strong belief in your guy but he won't end up better than Cook. He just won't.

Iowa is better coached and they have an identity. I don't think they are very good (and nowhere near "elite'), but they have an identity. That leads to potential improvement.

Nebraska basketball looks lost and any "momentum" from early in the season is gone.

These are facts.

Funny story, my wife came down to my cave to ask me a question while I’m watching the game. Iowa’s ryan kriener was on TV. She said to me “is that kid inbred? That’s the ugliest person I’ve ever seen in my life. Are you guys playing Iowa?” She seriously had no clue. She went off of the looks of ryan kriener to guess who we were playing.

I shit you not. You couldn’t see the kids jersey in the shot. She just quickly looked at the screen.

When I see Iowa fans post on this board, I picture the mcpoyles from always sunny

Funny story, my wife came down to my cave to ask me a question while I’m watching the game. Iowa’s ryan kriener was on TV. She said to me “is that kid inbred? That’s the ugliest person I’ve ever seen in my life. Are you guys playing Iowa?” She seriously had no clue. She went off of the looks of ryan kriener to guess who we were playing.

I shit you not. You couldn’t see the kids jersey in the shot. She just quickly looked at the screen.

Whe I see Iowa fans post on this board, I picture the mcpoyles from always sunny

Right, it’s freaking sad they obsess over us so badly. Then they think they can get us to change our views to there’s as well. They are truly delusional.

That would go 14 tournaments, 1 elite 8, 2 sweet 16's, 2 conference tournament champions. Again, the brunt of their success was 20-40 years ago but they have been there before is the original point being made.

So Nebraska basketball fan, talking shit about Iowa basketball makes about as much sense as Iowa football fan talking shit about Nebraska football..........

You fools come on our forum all the time talking about how the past is the past blah blah blah, then when the same stuff is thrown your way, about your basketball program, all of a sudden the past success is a legit defense.

Agree, not a fan of Iowa but come on saying Iowa has less history in basketball than Nebraska, your either clueless or just pissed Nebraska lost today.
I enjoy triggering Iowa fan, pretty easy these days for some reason. Since KF has a winning record against Michigan and not against Nebraska I wish they’d head over to the Michigan board and talk about football over there, as for hoops, Nebraska played like crap tonight and Iowa played good enough to win.

Reactions: Baxter48
Dude that Does NOT belong to Cook. That’s Palmers all day and twice on Sunday. Dislike it, take it to your Iowa board and thump your chest.

Odd, but I have never seen this guy on the Iowa board.

Anyway. I just wanted to come over and tell you guys nice game. I really like your team this year, and now I know why. I had no clue your starting 5 was four 4 stars and one 5 star. Impressive indeed. You guys have a team that can make some noise this year. It’s tough to win on the road in the B1G and iowa isn’t as bad as we played the other night against Purdue.

You guys will win more conference games then you lose and should be dancing.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I enjoy triggering Iowa fan, pretty easy these days for some reason. Since KF has a winning record against Michigan and not against Nebraska I wish they’d head over to the Michigan board and talk about football over there, as for hoops, Nebraska played like crap tonight and Iowa played good enough to win.

And that’s just it, Iowa caught us at the right time. We easily could have won this game, just as well as we lost it. We lost tonight and been off the past few games. Hopefully Copeland, Watson, Roby, Allen and Palmer Jr get it rolling again and soon.

Odd, but I have never seen this guy on the Iowa board.

Anyway. I just wanted to come over and tell you guys nice game. I really like your team this year, and now I know why. I had no clue your starting 5 was four 4 stars and one 5 star. Impressive indeed. You guys have a team that can make some noise this year. It’s tough to win on the road in the B1G and iowa isn’t as bad as we played the other night against Purdue.

You guys will win more conference games then you lose and should be dancing.

That’s probably because he’s on our board instead. ;)

Reactions: luvmyhawks
So Nebraska basketball fan, talking shit about Iowa basketball makes about as much sense as Iowa football fan talking shit about Nebraska football..........

You fools come on our forum all the time talking about how the past is the past blah blah blah, then when the same stuff is thrown your way, about your basketball program, all of a sudden the past success is a legit defense.

Not this Iowa fan. Our basketball history is just that, history. We have been a below average program for about 20 years, and it is frustrating as hell.

Read mine throughout dude - one guy said Iowa bball is a 'never-was'. Many came out & said that is false - even husker fans, presented the history because it was asked for. Even prefaced posts by calling it 'many moons ago'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT