ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball 2.5 over Herky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess if we're going to make the tourney by winning at home and sucking on the road, we'd better kick the crap outa PSU on Thursday. We'll see. Mike Watkins is the next guy licking his chops.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
The way I see it, Nebraska basketball may never reach the pinnacle of the Née era again. And I am not surprised that they lost today, as much as I was hoping they would win.
Couldn't agree more. And I hate being pessimistic, I even ate crow after the crayton win

Reactions: Bugeater
Well, I guess if we're going to make the tourney by winning at home and sucking on the road, we'd better kick the crap outa PSU on Thursday. We'll see. Mike Watkins is the next guy licking his chops.

They are downright awful. We should win by 20.

I still don't see a legitimate center on this team and it's really hurting us. I see a lot of guards and some forwards(Copeland & Roby). When we need an inside game, we just don't have any talented big guys down low who can cause issues like them 2 kids from Maryland did.

I also don't see our supposed best player(Palmer) step up when we need him the most.

Nebraska fans wanting to fire a coach one week after we were in the top 25. LOL. God the internet is a terrible place. Perspective people.

Miles will never have this type of collective talent on the court again in his coaching career, and he is 1-3 in the B1G right now. He needed to win this year, and he is failing. You do the math. We may not win 12 games next year with his coaching and lack of talent. If he makes it through this year, he is going to be gone next year anyway.

Incredibly bad offense. The idiotic way we handle fast breaks is mind numbing. The player with the ball ALWAYS tries to finish through contact rather than a simple pass to your bud for a wide open layup or dunk.

It's what plagues us constantly on the offensive end of the court. The way most teams move the ball around to break down a defense is with effective passing. The way we try to break down a defense is one player dribbling the ball around the perimeter. It's a mainstay of a Miles coached offense.

Ggui

Volleyball, except no one outside of Lincoln or Palo Alto gives a rat's ass.

Honest question here.. Is Iowa's fanbase completely oblivious to what is going to happen to Iowa in football when you get on the field with Nebraska from here on out, or is your fanbase just doing it's best acting job? You all truly realize what's going to happen, right?

You won with a last second FG, at home, in Scott Frost's first season, with a bunch of players he didn't recruit, in Ferentz's 19th season. We've been in our S&C program for 10 1/2 months, and you won with a last second FG. I'm not saying we are going to pound you by 7 TDs or something extreme like that every year, but we will beating you by scores like 35-21 or 42-24 with regularity.

I just want to know if your fanbase knows it's coming, or if you guys are truly oblivious.

Read mine throughout dude - one guy said Iowa bball is a 'never-was'. Many came out & said that is false - even husker fans, presented the history because it was asked for. Even prefaced posts by calling it 'many moons ago'.
Again, no one cares, get lost dork.

I still don't see a legitimate center on this team and it's really hurting us. I see a lot of guards and some forwards(Copeland & Roby). When we need an inside game, we just don't have any talented big guys down low who can cause issues like them 2 kids from Maryland did.

I also don't see our supposed best player(Palmer) step up when we need him the most.

You can't tell me there aren't any competent 6'10 JUCO guys out there that we could find. There's one at Western Nebraska CC averaging 17ppg and 7rpg that signed with a low-level school.

Defensively, you need big bodies to compete in the Big Ten.

Last edited:
as I previously said several weeks ago...probably NO NCAA....ESPECIALLY NO NCAA VICTORY...as long as Tim Miles can not coach his team to win a league game away from the comfort and safety of PBA...AND as long as Tim Miles is coach. Again..he is a great interview...but a horrible coach and should have been fired a couple years ago. SO now, well give him a contract extension...then fire him.

Plan and simple if he doesn’t get Nebraska in the NCAA tournament and win a game I believe Moss is done with him.. And Frankly me too, if he can’t win with the talent he has on this team this year I don’t see no future with this program with him leading them..

Plan and simple if he doesn’t get Nebraska in the NCAA tournament and win a game I believe Moss is done with him.. And Frankly me too, if he can’t win with the talent he has on this team this year I don’t see no future with this program with him leading them..

Well put.

The past week has been very disappointing. If we thought that there was something different about this team, that maybe this was the best NU team in a generation, you are probably rethinking that position. These were two very winnable road games that NU needed to win (at least one of them) in order to continue on an upward trajectory. We instead, they play like the run-of-the-mill, pedestrian NU, teams we’ve seen for decades.

If NU is no better than a bubble team this year -Miles needs be be fired. No question.

Wow, I feel so much better knowing that we had more talent on the floor and that we could have won if this and that...

The message that should be taken from this is that our coach is getting less out of more. It's why he has an all--time record of 1-14 against the guy up the road.

Imagine what is going to happen next year, when we will have less than most teams in the B1G. The words "We're going to get murdered" come to mind.

Honest question here.. Is Iowa's fanbase completely oblivious to what is going to happen to Iowa in football when you get on the field with Nebraska from here on out, or is your fanbase just doing it's best acting job? You all truly realize what's going to happen, right?

You won with a last second FG, at home, in Scott Frost's first season, with a bunch of players he didn't recruit, in Ferentz's 19th season. We've been in our S&C program for 10 1/2 months, and you won with a last second FG. I'm not saying we are going to pound you by 7 TDs or something extreme like that every year, but we will beating you by scores like 35-21 or 42-24 with regularity.

I just want to know if your fanbase knows it's coming, or if you guys are truly oblivious.
No it’s not coming, you need to get past 4 wins a year before you start talking about a winning streak against anyone in the B1G.

Reactions: sltldowney
No it’s not coming, you need to get past 4 wins a year before you start talking about a winning streak against anyone in the B1G.

Sorry, I should have clarified...I was looking for responses from people with a modicum of intelligence or awareness of what is happening around him. When I'm looking for responses on eating donuts or buying Wrangler jeans, I'll give you a shout..

Three of Iowa’s starters yesterday were instate recruits, Bohannon, Wieskamp, Kriener. Kind of a testament to Iowa keeping the instate talent. You gotta keep Creighton from cherrypicking the talent.

Lol you’re delusional you’re lucky daddy Kirk took it easy on you guys after beating you guys like the red headed stepchild for four years in a row.

Lol you’re delusional you’re lucky daddy Kirk took it easy on you guys after beating you guys like the red headed stepchild for four years in a row.
You talking about the coach that does not have a winning record against Nebraska? That guy? GTFO. Nebraska last 20 essentially equal to Iowa’s last 20. What a bunch of tools.

Yeah, that makes sense. He took it easy on us...and won with a last second FG. Idiot. You're oblivious of what's about to hit you. That's OK, it'll make it that much more fun to slap your team around on national TV.

Reactions: donahues17
Nebraska isn't going to be great next season. Probably average to slightly above average. In other words about the same as Iowa. Seriously - no disrespect. Iowa is solidly slightly above average. Kudos. Should be a good game for another year.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Nebraska isn't going to be great next season. Probably average to slightly above average. In other words about the same as Iowa. Seriously - no disrespect. Iowa is solidly slightly above average. Kudos. Should be a good game for another year.

We're going to be much better, just due to the fact that we're one year into new schemes on both sides of the ball, and another year into S&C. And our true freshman QB is going to have a year under his belt.

Try and keep up with us in the future with that BF fussil Offense you guys like to run...

Oh look, another dipshit, low IQ iowa dorkboy chimes in, how refreshing.
FWIW, of nine starters on the offensive and defensive lines for the HAWKS, all were from Iowa except one. This is why we win. Our lines are big strong farm boys who love their state and play that way. Match, game !:D

FWIW, of nine starters on the offensive and defensive lines for the HAWKS, all were from Iowa except one. This is why we win. Our lines are big strong farm boys who love their state and play that way. Match, game !:D
And Nebraska is getting better, as you saw with iowa getting a fg win in 2018. Don't think for a minute that Nebraska is going to get worse as the years go on. Now stay on your own board and talk to your fellow dork fans.

FWIW, of nine starters on the offensive and defensive lines for the HAWKS, all were from Iowa except one. This is why we’re slightly better than average. Our lines are big strong farm boys who love their state and play that way!:D

FIFY. Iowa essentially equal to Nebraska the past 20 years. Game, set, match. o_O

Reactions: mgbreis
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT