ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska @ Rutgers Round Ball

SomedayHusker

All-American
Oct 26, 2019
Omaha
Anyone care anymore? I already put a bet on Rutgers moneyline. I will still paint on my clown face in the mirror and watch the team with a sad hope. Rutgers favored by 8 I believe.

Reactions: king_kong_
What is this post up game we’re seeing?? And why are we not seeing more of it? Can’t stand how we look like 3 different basketball teams on any given day

Don’t see how FH survives the season unless he wins 4 or 5 conference games..

This guy from Rutgers looking all conference!!
16c18feba81f9f7f0385719cbf6592f5.gif

just classic Hoiberg to finish the half standing around while a rutgers guy dunks it down our throats

They were pretty competitive under Miles. I thought it was a bad fire at the time but oh well. Fred did seem like a slam dunk hire though.
His assistant at Iowa St who is the head coach made him successful and didn’t realize who he was till this year..

Again I keep posting he has done a terrible job of recruiting big men for this conference ….

Reactions: king_kong_
They were pretty competitive under Miles. I thought it was a bad fire at the time but oh well. Fred did seem like a slam dunk hire though.
Good fire, wrong hire. Fred is a great coach, but this program needs someone to come in and play the long game with recruiting and development, with some talented transfers sprinkled in. We are importing everyone from the portal, and we face different issues every game/season so it doesn't really build. It is an annual roster reset. Cam Mack was a set back at a leader position, replaced by Teddy Allen, who was a setback and a detriment at a leader position, and now we are taking a good to really good SG (Verge) and shoehorning him in at PG, causing more instability/inconsistency at a leader position. It just doesn't work out at a school like Nebraska. We need to win with solid fundamentals, and some competence, physicality and size in the paint. Winning here with high flying offense and shooting tons of 3's isn't going to work with the caliber of player you can consistently expect to play for this program with no history of success.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
I didn't think it was possible to gut a gutless program, but Fred has done it

whoever follows him will need an appetite to summit Everest barefoot, starting at sea level, while carrying all of his own supplies. oh, and no supplemental oxygen.

Reactions: iruletheskool
Good fire, wrong hire. Fred is a great coach, but this program needs someone to come in and play the long game with recruiting and development, with some talented transfers sprinkled in. We are importing everyone from the portal, and face different issues every game/season so it doesn't really build. It is an annual roster reset. Cam Mack was a set back at a leader position, replaced by Teddy Allen, who was a setback and a detriment at a leader position, and now we are taking a good to really good SG (Verge) and shoehorning him in at PG, causing more instability/inconsistency at a leader position. Just doesnt work out to good at a school like nebraska. We need to win with solid fundamentals, and some competence, physicality and size in the paint. Winning here with high flying offense and shooting tons of 3's isn't going to work with the caliber of player you can consistently expect to play for this program with no history of success.
Fred's a great coach, based on....... what, exactly?

he hasn't coached a team to a winning record since 2014

Good fire, wrong hire. Fred is a great coach, but this program needs someone to come in and play the long game with recruiting and development, with some talented transfers sprinkled in. We are importing everyone from the portal, and face different issues every game/season so it doesn't really build. It is an annual roster reset. Cam Mack was a set back at a leader position, replaced by Teddy Allen, who was a setback and a detriment at a leader position, and now we are taking a good to really good SG (Verge) and shoehorning him in at PG, causing more instability/inconsistency at a leader position. Just doesnt work out to good at a school like nebraska. We need to win with solid fundamentals, and some competence, physicality and size in the paint. Winning here with high flying offense and shooting tons of 3's isn't going to work with the caliber of player you can consistently expect to play for this program with no history of success.

Miles team of Copeland, Palmer, Roby, and Watson is like the Dream Team compared to what Hoiberg has put on the court. Half of those guys were transfers as well...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT