ADVERTISEMENT

Bellevue West

big red22

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2003
Before you all make a judgement on this post, I need you all to know that I know there are 11 players on each side of the ball, and I know every situation is different. High School football does not directly impact what a kid does in College. Also coaching is a factor too...

With That Said...

Anyone else find it a little concerning that the "3" players of the Bellevue West team that committed to Nebraska are getting beat? Typically I wouldn't care, but when it is a quarterback and two WR's it is a big deal. Especially the way Nebraska's offense is currently looking. I can't be the only one thinking about this right?

For me, I have almost zero ability at assessing high school talent and knowing they could develop into a next level player. I have to trust that our coaches are right more than they're wrong with high school players. 😂
I've seen D. Kaelin play twice this year and he doesn't look like the same person, I saw last year. But at the same time, his O-Line is not very good this year and he constantly has to scramble. And Danny is not going to beat anybody with his feet.
Isiah McMorris is recovering from a pulled hamstring and looks a little undersized and Davonn Hall may be overrated. He left the game early in the third quarter and came back out in civies and his left arm in a sling. In my personal opinion McMorris is the better of the two receivers.

Bell West has played 4 games and in 2 of the 4 Kaelin wasn’t the best QB on the field despite having P5 targets as receivers

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
Before you all make a judgement on this post, I need you all to know that I know there are 11 players on each side of the ball, and I know every situation is different. High School football does not directly impact what a kid does in College. Also coaching is a factor too...

With That Said...

Anyone else find it a little concerning that the "3" players of the Bellevue West team that committed to Nebraska are getting beat? Typically I wouldn't care, but when it is a quarterback and two WR's it is a big deal. Especially the way Nebraska's offense is currently looking. I can't be the only one thinking about this right?

They lost to North which has two Husker commits and Westside that has numerous D1 level talents

I've seen D. Kaelin play twice this year and he doesn't look like the same person, I saw last year. But at the same time, his O-Line is not very good this year and he constantly has to scramble. And Danny is not going to beat anybody with his feet.
Isiah McMorris is recovering from a pulled hamstring and looks a little undersized and Davonn Hall may be overrated. He left the game early in the third quarter and came back out in civies and his left arm in a sling. In my personal opinion McMorris is the better of the two receivers.

McMorris is better now, Hall was better earlier (Fr Soph)...peaked early

I hope Rhule isn't hitching his future to Kaelin. He is not a kid that's good enough to be able to come in and start as a freshman or sophomore.

He needs to get a good QB from the portal after this season, one who has multiple years of eligibility left.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I hope Rhule isn't hitching his future to Kaelin. He is not a kid that's good enough to be able to come in and start as a freshman or sophomore.

He needs to get a good QB from the portal after this season, one who has multiple years of eligibility left.
That kid from iowa looks good. what year is he?

Hall should be ok once he is at Nebraska and not having to play defense.

I'm not worried about McMorris because he was really good at Millard North.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I wish Cole Payton would transfer back to Nebraska but most likely will start for NDSU next season..
It may be hard to get any decent quarterback to transfer here next year if Sims is starting at the end of this year and returns next year.

Westside is the most complete team in the state. May have the best coaches in the state also.

Rezak strikes me as a great athlete playing QB.

Kaelin was an elite 11 and did well there. Maybe its a fluke, maybe he's a 7 on 7 star and not great with pads on and live bullets. Wouldn't be the first elite 11 not to pan out.

In simple terms we would all expect the three headed monsters at BW to dominate, but we all know there's much more to the game than just 3 good skill position guys.

Unless Simms turns a corner, unlikely, and HH or Purdy steps up to show they can be the man, then I think we are fine with Kaelin, and you go to the portal for a one year rental.

If HH can't take the job, move him to TE or WR. Purdy stays as a career backup or transfers if he can't win the job.

In 3 to 4 years it might just be a watershed moment in Rhule's time here on what he does at QB and OC

I would think that if Kaelin was on Westside’s team we would be thinking differently about him..

Nothing against the Rezak kid, but he isn‘t as good as Cole Payton was..

Westside easily has the best team in the state and the #1 player in the state for 2024..

To me…it makes me realize just how good Zane Flores is to make Gretna able to play right with and even beat Westside these past years.

Gretna has been good, but Westside is stockpiling talent now

Are we not recruiting nationally any more?
Are we satisfied plucking local high school heroes to fill in our qb gap, er, canyon?
I could care less who the best qb in Omaha is. There is a great big, wide world out there.
Are we adopting the Barry Collier recruiting method? Recruit an area in which you could cover it with a moped and still be home every night for supper.

• Wow
Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Are we satisfied plucking local high school heroes to fill in our qb gap, er, canyon?
I could care less who the best qb in Omaha is. There is a great big, wide world out there.
Are we adopting the Barry Collier recruiting method? Recruit an area in which you could cover it with a moped and still be home every night for supper.
should be doing both, and I think we are

Do they not have commitments from kids outside of Nebraska?

From what I’m hearing, Kaelin has great talent, but Rezac has more of the ‘It’ factor.

Wouldn’t hurt to take both…

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
From what I’m hearing, Kaelin is has great talent, but Rezac has more of the ‘It’ factor.

Basically the 3rd chair trumpet player could play QB for Westside right now and he would have that "it" factor. They are just really really good.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
From what I’m hearing, Kaelin is has great talent, but Rezac has more of the ‘It’ factor.

I’d be surprised if Rezac plays Qb in college. Great athlete ….but if he lines up under center for The Fighting Irish - I’d be shocked.

Basically the 3rd chair trumpet player could play QB for Westside right now and he would have that "it" factor. They are just really really good.
Yes, they are loaded, but so is Bell West, no? Take it fwiw – I’m not a Westside or Bell West guy, and I’m not even trying to parrot what Jason Peter said either. I also get that Rhule is locked in on Kaelin, but if he’s really about fostering a competitive environment, Anthony Rezac is an in-state no-brainer to have on your roster. I don’t know if that’s at QB or not, but the kid’s making huge strides enough to warrant bigger offers.

Obviously time will tell.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Yes, they are loaded, but so is Bell West, no? Take it fwiw – I’m not a Westside or Bell West guy, and I’m not even trying to parrot what Jason Peter said either. I also get that Rhule is locked in on Kaelin, but if he’s really about fostering a competitive environment, Anthony Rezac is an in-state no-brainer to have on your roster. I don’t know if that’s at QB or not, but the kid’s making huge strides enough to warrant bigger offers.

Obviously time will tell.
BW was supposed to be loaded. I am not really sure what is going on out there, I don't really have any connections or hear much about them from other coaches at the moment.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
BW was supposed to be loaded. I am not really sure what is going on out there, I don't really have any connections or hear much about them from other coaches at the moment.
Westside is just so superior. I don’t see anyone coming with 21 points of them this year. I’ve seen them play Prep and BW. They are a “10”. Next closest school is a “7”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT