ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska parents to file lawsuit

the $100M+ in losses, slimming of the athletic dept staff and loss of the training table are just a few things stopping Nebraska from keeping the same protocols in place.
So---the $100 million in loses will cause players to hit the bars and parties more frequently? The players that live off campus--which is probably the majority of them--can't eat at home?

You will never convince me that if they were playing that the players would swear off bars, parties, and girls through late November.

Sorry---hate the decision to not play, but I won't be blaming the B1G for an increase in positive cases of Nebraska football players. If you're the staunch conservative you come off as, you won't, either.

you've posted on here that the B1G's decision to postpone the season might be lauded years from now for delaying this inevitability.

you're not acknowledging, you're siding with the powers that be.

thanks for the grammar lesson. enjoy licking boots for breakfast.
Oh man, you got me. Guess I now believe the thing you say over my actual beliefs since it suits the mood swing you're currently having.

You're the one who keeps bringing up NW's players technically not having been barred from unionizing. Big shocker, the players will want money and the rich old guys won't want to give it to them. Historically unprecedented!

It's neat having you around, it's like getting to re-live all the worst parts of dating as a teenager without having braces or that regrettable haircut.

Reactions: bobbuttons
So---the $100 million in loses will cause players to hit the bars and parties more frequently? The players that live off campus--which is probably the majority of them--can't eat at home?

You will never convince me that if they were playing that the players would swear off bars, parties, and girls through late November.

Sorry---hate the decision to not play, but I won't be blaming the B1G for an increase in positive cases of Nebraska football players. If you're the staunch conservative you come off as, you won't, either.

I don't think the protocols he is talking about are the ones the players are responsible for. I believe his saying the university if hemorrhaging money so they cut staff, cut food options etc. Will they still be able to afford to administer the testing regiment they had been doing all summer, are there going to be enough staff in place to remind the players to do what they are supposed to be doing? More to it than players going to bars and taping chicks.

you've posted on here that the B1G's decision to postpone the season might be lauded years from now for delaying this inevitability.

you're not acknowledging, you're siding with the powers that be.

thanks for the grammar lesson. enjoy licking boots for breakfast.
When one acts as arrogant as you seem to, then people are going to expect that you know "to spite" and "milquetoast", as opposed to "despite" and "milk toast".

Normally, I wouldn't care, let alone point it out. But, again, if you're going to act like an arrogant jerk, then expect such corrections to come your way.

When one acts as arrogant as you seem to, then people are going to expect that you know "to spite" and "milquetoast", as opposed to "despite" and "milk toast".

Normally, I wouldn't care, let alone point it out. But, again, if you're going to act like an arrogant jerk, then expect such corrections to come your way.

pot meet kettle

Reactions: GBRforLife1

arrogance begets grammatical perfection?

did not know that! thanks button bob. where would this board be without you?!

I don't think the protocols he is talking about are the ones the players are responsible for. I believe his saying the university if hemorrhaging money so they cut staff, cut food options etc. Will they still be able to afford to administer the testing regiment they had been doing all summer, are there going to be enough staff in place to remind the players to do what they are supposed to be doing? More to it than players going to bars and taping chicks.
So, they weren't going to be able to afford to keep testing the guys, unless they were actually playing? Seems to me that if that is such a concern, there's a whole slew of wealthy donors that could step up.

My son is a college student. Now, granted, he isn't a Division I football player, but from what I can tell, he just needs his mother and I to remind him to do what he's supposed to be doing--with an occasional assist from his girlfriend. Apparently, to you, a college football player needs many more people to remind him. That says a lot. Not sure why a player needs anyone to do that other than his head coach, position coach, and his parent/guardian figures. Did any of those people get canned in the face of the $100 million loss?

I wonder how many people are required to remind a Nebraska volleyball player to do what she's supposed to be doing.....?

As I stated----hate the decision, and the conference should have been more upfront and transparent, but it seems like there are many folks that are looking to blame the conference for everything from lost future NFL earnings to positive COVID tests to the JFK assassination----and that's equine manure.

So, they weren't going to be able to afford to keep testing the guys, unless they were actually playing? Seems to me that if that is such a concern, there's a whole slew of wealthy donors that could step up.

My son is a college student. Now, granted, he isn't a Division I football player, but from what I can tell, he just needs his mother and I to remind him to do what he's supposed to be doing--with an occasional assist from his girlfriend. Apparently, to you, a college football player needs many more people to remind him. That says a lot. Not sure why a player needs anyone to do that other than his head coach, position coach, and his parent/guardian figures. Did any of those people get canned in the face of the $100 million loss?

I wonder how many people are required to remind a Nebraska volleyball player to do what she's supposed to be doing.....?

As I stated----hate the decision, and the conference should have been more upfront and transparent, but it seems like there are many folks that are looking to blame the conference for everything from lost future NFL earnings to positive COVID tests to the JFK assassination----and that's equine manure.

now your comparing 150 players on a football team to 15 on a volleyball team?

Put the shovel down

arrogance begets grammatical perfection?

did not know that! thanks button bob. where would this board be without you?!
To answer your question, no---arrogance does not bring about grammatical perfection. You proved that.

Maybe learn the proper meanings of words, sayings, etc. before you use them---especially in posts when you display your ignorance right before questioning or insulting someone's intellect.

now your comparing 150 players on a football team to 15 on a volleyball team?

Put the shovel down
How many people are needed to tell a single football player to do what he's supposed to?

How many people are needed to tell a single volleyball player to do what she's supposed to?

If you think more people are needed to tell a football player, then I'd like to know why that is.

How many people are needed to tell a single football player to do what he's supposed to?

How many people are needed to tell a single volleyball player to do what she's supposed to?

If you think more people are needed to tell a football player, then I'd like to know why that is.

The same reason why the football program has 10 paid coaches and the volleyball team has 3 paid coaches. Apparently it takes you and your wife to keep your son in check.

The same reason why the football program has 10 paid coaches and the volleyball team has 3 paid coaches. Apparently it takes you and your wife to keep your son in check.
You didn't answer the first 2 questions. I'll rephrase it--

Shouldn't it take the same number of people to remind one football player and one volleyball player to do the right things? Yes or no---

And yes--my wife and I share that responsibility. It's called "parenting". We also know that since he is 2.5 hours away and almost 20 years old, he bears ALL of the responsibility on himself to do what he needs to. He sure as hell doesn't need an extended staff of people to remind him, and definitely won't be getting a staff of people.

Apparently, you think that a 20 year old needs a whole staff of people to remind him just because he wears shoulder pads and a helmet with an "N" on the side of it.

Last edited:
SSO on TOS had some interesting comments. Said the lawsuit actually is serving a purpose and is being given way more merit than it probably should. Also said they are trying to hammer a bunch of stuff out by the end of the weekend. His info is usually spot on.

To answer your question, no---arrogance does not bring about grammatical perfection. You proved that.

Maybe learn the proper meanings of words, sayings, etc. before you use them---especially in posts when you display your ignorance right before questioning or insulting someone's intellect.
Thank you for calling me ignorant while completely ignoring the content of my posts, instead opting to nitpick grammar.

not at all ironic.

The loss in revenue will directly impact the school’s ability to keep protocols in place.

you asked the question, I answered it. You then moved the goalposts to say I somehow insinuate players will be less responsible. Those words weren’t typed by me, so I’m not sure where that factors in.

You don’t like the answer? Don’t ask next time.

Reactions: dinglefritz
You didn't answer the first 2 questions. I'll rephrase it--

Shouldn't it take the same number of people to remind one football player and one volleyball player to do the right things? Yes or no---

And yes--my wife and I share that responsibility. It's called "parenting". We also know that since he is 2.5 hours away and almost 20 years old, he bears ALL of the responsibility on himself to do what he needs to. He sure as hell doesn't need an extended staff of people to remind him, and definitely won't be getting a staff of people.

Apparently, you think that a 20 year old needs a whole staff of people to remind him just because he wears shoulder pads and a helmet with an "N" on the side of it.

I didn't answer because it is a flawed question. If it was that simple, Maurice Washington would still be on this football team.

Apparently, you know nothing of the mentality of 18-22 year olds except perhaps your own angel.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Oh man, you got me. Guess I now believe the thing you say over my actual beliefs since it suits the mood swing you're currently having.

You're the one who keeps bringing up NW's players technically not having been barred from unionizing. Big shocker, the players will want money and the rich old guys won't want to give it to them. Historically unprecedented!

It's neat having you around, it's like getting to re-live all the worst parts of dating as a teenager without having braces or that regrettable haircut.
I can only assume what you post reflects what you believe. I’m not a mind reader.

Attack me all you’d like, but I don’t see any refuting of the actual content of my posts to you. Based on your posting history, you seem perfectly happy to carry the water of the university presidents in the case of fighting against football players’ right to organize.

I know I’m supposed to stay in my lane as a ‘staunch conservative’, so sorry in advance for confusing you with this line of thinking @bobbuttons

I will say this once more- if the B1G and its leadership are using COVID and player safety as a cover to disrupt the momentum of players organizing, it's a more negligent dereliction of duty than we ever imagined.

if that's indeed true and comes out, the conference will be, rightfully so, DOA to any player/coach/administrator who want what's best for the future of the sport. nothing short of pathetic.

I didn't answer because it is a flawed question. If it was that simple, Maurice Washington would still be on this football team.

Apparently, you know nothing of the mentality of 18-22 year olds except perhaps your own angel.
For starters, nowhere did I say my kid was an angel. I said that the responsibility to do the right things falls on him, as he is 20 years old and away from home---just like all of these players, and yet you seem to think they need to have a staff of people to remind them to be responsible.

If your argument is about the mentality of 18-22 year olds, then many of them aren't going to listen to a staff of either 1 or 100. Therefore, why the need for the 100?

Again----many trying to blame the conference for something that a. hasn't happened yet, and b. for which it is not responsible (individual responsibility among the players).

Last edited:
For starters, nowhere did I say my kid was an angel. I said that the responsibility to do the right things falls on him, as he is 20 and away from home. You seem to think that these football players are now at a greater danger, because they don't have a staff of people to remind them to do the right things----even thought they are roughly the same age and away from home---just like every other student on campus.

Again---you're attempting to blame the conference for something for which they are not responsible.

The Big Ten's decision to not play football is having an impact on how this university is conducting day to day operations. That is a fact. IF, because of the loss of revenue, the university is unable to provide the protocols that were in place, that may well have an impact on player safety.

If the players do not have the monitoring and the Covid protocols that they have had since June when they arrived, their chances of getting the virus goes up. Believe it or not 18-21 year olds, when given a little freedom, will take advantage of that freedom. If these players know that there will be no daily covid test and no one monitoring them, the chances they will do things that they wouldn't do when they were getting tested and monitored will increase.

It isn't as hard as you are making it.

The Big Ten's decision to not play football is having an impact on how this university is conducting day to day operations. That is a fact. IF, because of the loss of revenue, the university is unable to provide the protocols that were in place, that may well have an impact on player safety.

If the players do not have the monitoring and the Covid protocols that they have had since June when they arrived, their chances of getting the virus goes up. Believe it or not 18-21 year olds, when given a little freedom, will take advantage of that freedom. If these players know that there will be no daily covid test and no one monitoring them, the chances they will do things that they wouldn't do when they were getting tested and monitored will increase.

It isn't as hard as you are making it.
First of all, if the B1G's decision is having an impact on the day to day operations of the university as a whole, then I'd say that the university has some serious problems. There are many schools around the US, with better academics, and no football program, that function just fine without it. Maybe the university needs to reboot its operations in such a way where it isn't so dependent on football.

I am well aware that an 18-22 year old kid away from home will take advantage of that freedom. That's why I said the responsibility is on the kid.

Let me ask you this--if Nebraska was playing, and testing players every day for COVID, do you really think they would have sworn off all of the outside stuff for the next 4-5 months? You seem to be claiming that daily COVID testing would keep them in line. Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Lastly---I sure as hell hope they weren't getting daily COVID tests, because there are far more important people than college football players that should be getting daily testing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT