ADVERTISEMENT

Lawsuit Scoggins

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 man would I like to run into you at a game this fall.
I know you'd love to kick my ass even though you've never met me and I've never done anything to you to deserve it.

my screen name makes you extremely emotional.

you're not alone.

I suggest you try to grow up instead of getting all pissy about anonymous words online.

Right. I keep saying we needs facts. You keep dripping your feelings all over this shit. Good thing it is innocent until proven guilty.
not in the court of public opinion, which has been my entire point

since you're unable to process this simple delineation, you're all hot under the collar & now making physical threats

A settlement costs money (damage)

Having this headline appear at the top of ESPN for two days tarnishes the entire university’s reputation (damage).

If you don’t believe either of those two indisputable facts, you’re incapable of objective thought.
1. The settlement will be based on the amount verses the costs of going to trial. The insurance company will determine that.

2. Anything on ESPN will be forgotten by the next news cycle. Nebraska's reputation with Women's Sports is stellar, and that won't change.

This is a nuisance lawsuit brought on by a rather irresponsible (proven by her own court filing) consenting adult who has a lawyer in her ear saying she can make some bank by playing the victim. Nothing more and nothing less.

I know you'd love to kick my ass.

my screen name makes you extremely emotional.

you're not alone.

I suggest you try to grow up instead of getting all pissy about anonymous words online.
I never said I’d like to do anything if the sort. Your screen name doesn’t bother me at all. The fact you have people guilty until proven innocent and are so hell bent on being an emotional wreck of what this looks like for the university is baffling. Anyone that has looked into this can see where this is headed. Someone looking for a payday. Happens to pro athletes a lot. This is nothing new in this day and age.

Reactions: kevingne
I never said I’d like to do anything if the sort. Your screen name doesn’t bother me at all. The fact you have people guilty until proven innocent and are so hell bent on being an emotional wreck of what this looks like for the university is baffling. Anyone that has looked into this can see where this is headed. Someone looking for a payday. Happens to pro athletes a lot. This is nothing new in this day and age.
let's say you do "run into me at a football game this fall"

what happens in your mind?

you've resorted to name calling, threats, etc.

all I've said is this incident will hit us in the wallet and reputation. that's it. both true.

clear who the emotional one is

not in the court of public opinion, which has been my entire point

since you're unable to process this simple delineation, you're all hot under the collar & now making physical threats
Please tell me where I made a physical threat. Did I say I was going to do something to you? Me saying I’d like to run into you at a game this fall is not threatening you. Not at all. My exact point you’re soft and full of anxiety. Grow up buttercup.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
this is, of course, hilarious considering "Michigan cheated" and "iowa is racist"
Tell me who cares about any of those things now, except maybe for you.

So what's the long term reputational effect of this for Nebraska? Maybe young adults have sex in Nebraska?

Please tell me where I made a physical threat. Did I say I was going to do something to you? Me saying I’d like to run into you at a game this fall is not threatening you. Not at all. My exact point you’re soft and full of anxiety. Grow up buttercup.
why else would you fantasize about meeting me?

I absolutely would. I’ll have a beer with all of you at the rail yard before the game.
Here's my fantasy of a King_Kong sighting.... No Pedo....

3oriNWkevIP49PyEso.webp

I will never understand hiw these things fall on the coach and university. These two people had a relationship, and if and when the coach/university found out they let them both go. What more can they do? Everything else is He said, She said bullshit. I highly doubt Trev Albert's knew about this and was like "Gooooooo Chuck! As long as you don't get caught brother!" You think Trev would ruin his reputation for a WBB assistant coach? Ain't happening folks and makes no sense for them to hide it
I don't know about that, I'm always surprised what people will do when the rubber meets the road.

let's say you do "run into me at a football game this fall"

what happens in your mind?

you've resorted to name calling, threats, etc.

all I've said is this incident will hit us in the wallet and reputation. that's it. both true.

clear who the emotional one is
Maybe he wants to make out under the stadium bleachers with you

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
It gives the impression that only one person was given due process.
Athletes are not entitled to due process. I think that point is irrelevant. That Coach Love should have been thrown out on his ass right away but he wasn't because of legal obligations.

Her pictures were out shortly after this surfaced at the time. Most responses were on the line of slut gonna slut etc type. Now we're possibly ending a head coaches career as well as AD and costing a university millions.

Good grief
I just don't see it that way. I think Coach Williams (and her five star recruit from Elkhorn) stays. This is a money grab and nothing more. Throwing in the hot word of the day "grooming" is just semantics. The player could have gone to administration to report this behavior at any point and chose not to.

Damage?

One girl with questionable morals starts meeting and sleeping with a man of questionable morals.

They are both adults. He’s married and she knows it.

They get caught by the team. The head coach berates both and suspends both immediately.

I fail to see what she truly did that was wrong. Honestly.
I don't see any damage. Both wrongdoers were dismissed from the program. Now one... hell maybe both of them... will sue to try to get rich off the deal.

I just don't see it that way. I think Coach Williams (and her five star recruit from Elkhorn) stays. This is a money grab and nothing more. Throwing in the hot word of the day "grooming" is just semantics. The player could have gone to administration to report this behavior at any point and chose not to.
Sorry didn't mean that. Above posts suggest that. I don't see it either. Sorry I agree my comment came off that way

Reactions: Dean Pope
Athletes are not entitled to due process. I think that point is irrelevant. That Coach Love should have been thrown out on his ass right away but he wasn't because of legal obligations.
Due process might have not been the right term. Perhaps I should have said I wonder if a thorough investigation was done before the player was dismissed. Yep....legal obligations.

True, and I made that distinction in my original post. I just think it would have been smarter and ultimately cheaper to let Scoggin finish out the school year and then have her move on. Maybe she sues anyway, but it would made the actions taken by NU look a lot more deliberate and equitable. I don’t think Scoggin is going to make a killing from this lawsuit, but I do think she will be written a check.

There has to be more to this story. I really hope that NU chooses NOT to settle, as they will then be able to show that they took appropriate steps.

I’m with mgbries on this. We have the same policies where I work. There is a power dynamic that might be exploited for sexual favors. Worse yet here is that the coach (boss) went after the player (subordinate). Doesn’t matter if it’s “consensual”, the assumption is it is not. If a teacher wants to go after a student in his class the only way that he survives it is if it happens after the class is over and even then…
I have a neighbor who lost his job as the store manager for the local Albertson store because he was having a consensual affair with one his employees. Another employee who for whatever reason did not like what was going on reported the affair to corporate headquarters. (They must not have been too discreet.). The woman told the corporate investigators that everything she had done with her boss was voluntary and done willingly. It did not matter. They were both fired. I don't know her, but it was a big hit for him. He was born and raised here and worked at three or four out-of-state locations before he got the store here back in his hometown. My biggest take away from all this is his wife stayed with him and as far as I can tell everything is ok between them.

This does not look good for the University, Trev or Amy. You can't have a person of power, the assistant coach, having sex with a player or student. Make all the excuses who want, it simply can't happen in today's world. Sure, it will go through all the proper legal procedures, but in the end, Scroggin will receive a large settlement from the university.

Last edited:
Reactions: aNUstart
Bingo. If there was a lawsuit for every professor-student relationship or every coach-student relationship, we wouldn't have any colleges.

My track coach in college was dating one of the athletes. It was out in the open and everyone knew about it. It wasn't some big deal.

Remember when Major Applewhite was having sex with a student when he was a coach? Probably not, because it's two adults in the eyes of the law and UT barely cared.

If this came up in the work place and you don't like the advancements of your boss, you say no and report it if it continues. You don't accept the advancement, start sleeping with the person on multiple occasions, and then sue.
Scroggin's birthday is May 8, 1998. I don't think it matters that she was over 21 years old when the scandal occurred.

What year was the track coach having sex with an athlete? It would be a big deal now.

Applewhite was reprimanded for his affair with a student. It happened in 2009. He got off easy then. Don't think he would today. Harvey Weinstein changed everything.

Today, Bosses lose their job all the time for having sex with their employees.

If I could give advice to people like Tiger Woods, I would have them buy a separate house or an apartment to take their girlfriends to. Never let them in a primary home. I might be a little too cautious, but if something ever happened to my wife, I would never let any women I was dating come to my house. Especially here. In this crazy state they probably would give a woman "squatters rights" after just a couple of in-home dates.

Scroggin's birthday is May 8, 1998. I don't think it matters that she was over 21 years old when the scandal occurred.

What year was the track coach having sex with an athlete? It would be a big deal now.

Applewhite was reprimanded for his affair with a student. It happened in 2009. He got off easy then. Don't think he would today. Harvey Weinstein changed everything.

Today, Bosses lose their job all the time for having sex with their employees.

If I could give advice to people like Tiger Woods, I would have them buy a separate house or an apartment to take their girlfriends to. Never let them in a primary home. I might be a little too cautious, but if something ever happened to my wife, I would never let any women I was dating come to my house. Especially here. In this crazy state they probably would give a woman "squatters rights" after just a couple of in-home dates.
You made sense until the last paragraph.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT