ADVERTISEMENT

Lawsuit Scoggins

Just in case y'all forgot.
m8hgPJ5.jpeg

Did you read where Tiger's employees had to trick his last live-in girlfriend out of the house so he could break-up with her?
In your last paragraph, you said that you would never let your girlfriend into your house, and would advise Tiger Woods and others not to let their girlfriends into their homes. That would mean never having a girlfriend over for an occasional date. That’s pretty extreme, and a lot different than having a girlfriend move into to your house on a full time basis.

Scroggin's birthday is May 8, 1998. I don't think it matters that she was over 21 years old when the scandal occurred.

What year was the track coach having sex with an athlete? It would be a big deal now.

Applewhite was reprimanded for his affair with a student. It happened in 2009. He got off easy then. Don't think he would today. Harvey Weinstein changed everything.

Today, Bosses lose their job all the time for having sex with their employees.

If I could give advice to people like Tiger Woods, I would have them buy a separate house or an apartment to take their girlfriends to. Never let them in a primary home. I might be a little too cautious, but if something ever happened to my wife, I would never let any women I was dating come to my house. Especially here. In this crazy state they probably would give a woman "squatters rights" after just a couple of in-home dates.
What the hell? That’s quite the advice there, and quite the tangent.

Reactions: headcard
I don’t think Scoggin is going to make a killing from this lawsuit, but I do think she will be written a check.
You may be right but I certainly hope not. There are people with an axe to grind that will make a big deal out of this, but I doubt that NU is in any way responsible for this woman sleeping with her coach. What else is there that you don’t want coming out? When scumbags like Vince McMahon and a politician I won’t name pay millions out, it’s to keep things quiet. In this case, I think everything is out there. Let it go to court.

In your last paragraph, you said that you would never let your girlfriend into your house, and would advise Tiger Woods and others not to let their girlfriends into their homes. That would mean never having a girlfriend over for an occasional date. That’s pretty extreme, and a lot different than having a girlfriend move into to your house on a full time basis.

Yep. I overstated It. There is a big difference between an occasional date and moving in.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
This does not look good for the University, Trev or Amy. You can't have a person of power, the assistant coach, having sex with a player or student. Make all the excuses who want, it simply can't happen in today's world. Sure, it will go through all the proper legal procedures, but in the end, Scroggin will receive a large settlement from the university.
I don’t think she is going to get as big a check that you think she is getting.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I have a neighbor who lost his job as the store manager for the local Albertson store because he was having a consensual affair with one his employees. Another employee who for whatever reason did not like what was going on reported the affair to corporate headquarters. (They must not have been too discreet.). The woman told the corporate investigators that everything she had done with her boss was voluntary and done willingly. It did not matter. They were both fired. I don't know her, but it was a big hit for him. He was born and raised here and worked at three or four out-of-state locations before he got the store here back in his hometown. My biggest take away from all this is his wife stayed with him and as far as I can tell everything is ok between them.
Good for her for staying with him .mistakes were made. I am assuming Albertsons had a policy against Employees engaging in Personal relationships.

This does not look good for the University, Trev or Amy. You can't have a person of power, the assistant coach, having sex with a player or student. Make all the excuses who want, it simply can't happen in today's world. Sure, it will go through all the proper legal procedures, but in the end, Scroggin will receive a large settlement from the university.
If the university pays her a single dime, then there must be A LOT more to the allegations than is already out there. And if this case goes to court, I don't see a jury of Nebraskans awarding this adult woman a large sum of money. There are people dying from medical malpractice that can't win a judgement in this state, but the university is going to make this woman a millionaire for sleeping with her coach and getting thrown off the team?

If the university pays her a single dime, then there must be A LOT more to the allegations than is already out there. And if this case goes to court, I don't see a jury of Nebraskans awarding this adult woman a large sum of money. There are people dying from medical malpractice that can't win a judgement in this state, but the university is going to make this woman a millionaire for sleeping with her coach and getting thrown off the team?
It’s often less expensive to write a check for a frivolous claim than to fight it in court and maybe still lose.

Reactions: ssmill777
A trial would involve something called “discovery” after which Trev would be immediately fired, would never work again, and could very well end up in jail

It will get settled
Uhuh ....riiiiiiiiight

Must be slow day east of the Missouri river again. Still crying foul after another wbb loss

Nothing inappropriate happened, according to Chuck Love.

"A former assistant coach for the Husker women’s basketball team denied having an inappropriate relationship with a player in a court filing submitted last week, but admitted to meeting with the woman alone in a vehicle. Chuck Love said he never took special interest in Ashley Scoggin nor did he use his position and influence with head coach Amy Williams to groom Scoggin into a sexual relationship, in a response to the federal lawsuit filed in February."

"In his response, Love denied inviting Scoggin to work out of his office, saying many players and coaches frequently came and went as part of his open-door policy and that he had one-on-one time with several members of the team.

Love also denied discussing 'inappropriate topics' with Scoggin, and accused her of initiating social media communications with him in his 14-page response.

The former Husker coach also cast the late night parking lot meeting differently than Scoggin, who said she accepted Love’s invitation to meet after initially turning him down on multiple occasions.

According to Love’s response, Scoggin 'was emotionally distraught and urgently insisted that she needed to see (Love) immediately, so they agreed to meet at the parking lot, a place where (Scoggin) felt she could speak without being heard by others, in particular, other players on the team.'

The former assistant coach denied in his response Scoggin’s allegation that he kissed her or pursued her sexually. Scoggin said in the lawsuit the two would meet in the university’s facilities or his hotel room as part of a sexual relationship.

Love’s court filing admitted Scoggin was in his hotel room during a road trip to Penn State University in February 2022, but indicated it was at the player’s request to discuss 'a personal problem.'”

Former Nebraska basketball coach denies sexual relationship with player

Reactions: huskerfan1414

"A former assistant coach for the Husker women’s basketball team denied having an inappropriate relationship with a player in a court filing submitted last week, but admitted to meeting with the woman alone in a vehicle. Chuck Love said he never took special interest in Ashley Scoggin nor did he use his position and influence with head coach Amy Williams to groom Scoggin into a sexual relationship, in a response to the federal lawsuit filed in February."

"In his response, Love denied inviting Scoggin to work out of his office, saying many players and coaches frequently came and went as part of his open-door policy and that he had one-on-one time with several members of the team.

Love also denied discussing 'inappropriate topics' with Scoggin, and accused her of initiating social media communications with him in his 14-page response.

The former Husker coach also cast the late night parking lot meeting differently than Scoggin, who said she accepted Love’s invitation to meet after initially turning him down on multiple occasions.

According to Love’s response, Scoggin 'was emotionally distraught and urgently insisted that she needed to see (Love) immediately, so they agreed to meet at the parking lot, a place where (Scoggin) felt she could speak without being heard by others, in particular, other players on the team.'

The former assistant coach denied in his response Scoggin’s allegation that he kissed her or pursued her sexually. Scoggin said in the lawsuit the two would meet in the university’s facilities or his hotel room as part of a sexual relationship.

Love’s court filing admitted Scoggin was in his hotel room during a road trip to Penn State University in February 2022, but indicated it was at the player’s request to discuss 'a personal problem.'”

Season 4 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_

He said she said. I would say it’s plausible deniability but I don’t think his story is very plausible. That said, she’s of age. He’s a scumbag apparently but that’s not illegal.

Yhe met a player in his hotel room with no one else around and also met her late at night alone? He is eally palying the stupid card here, she also knew what she was doing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT