ADVERTISEMENT

Lawsuit Scoggins

Just in case y'all forgot.
m8hgPJ5.jpeg

Yeah, she did nothing when confronted ny teammates with video and then retaliated against Scoggins. It will be well deserved.
Scumbag

That blockhead trev is named is also telling.

Agree it will be interesting to hear his response

No room for any of this bullshit at NU

Scumbag

That blockhead trev is named is also telling.

Agree it will be interesting to hear his response

No room for any of this bullshit at NU
Probably come back with something like we have just now completed our investigation and decided it was in both our best interests to let Coach Williams move on.

Reactions: king_kong_
Certainly improper, but what I read of the article sounds like he hit on her and she accepted. Inappropriate yes, major HR violation yes. Grounds for firing probably. But nothing like the KKK stuff at Iowa.

I remember when this happened wondering how they hell they kicked her off the team for being in a relationship with a coach. I'm just a simple brain but I would've been advising the AD to 100% treat her as the victim in order to avoid a lawsuit. Maren Chaloupka is a very effective plaintiff's attorney. Williams might be saved if she can show that she was directed in how to handle it by the administration and was only following orders. Otherwise, it looks really bad. If the defense is that she dressed like a hooker then I don't see this going well for Nebraska.

Yeah, she did nothing when confronted by teammates with video and then retaliated against Scoggins. It will be well deserved.
She did nothing? The info I read said she suspended Love immediately. Retaliated against Scoggins? What exactly did the teammates present to Williams?

Reactions: HUSKERBILL
Her losing her job will be deserved, not unfortunate

Well, let’s just see how this all plays out. In some cases coaches have to fall on the sword (or are forced to) when they really had no idea there was impropriety among their staff/players. The institutional control thing when sometimes there was absolutely nothing the HC could’ve done. And in these cases I believe it’s unfortunate that someone had to lose their job primarily due to other people’s actions. I understand that in most of these instances it’s necessary to move on from that coach and get a fresh start with someone new. Eliminate as much stench from the scandal as possible. But that doesn’t mean we can’t feel that was an unfortunate situation for that coach.

Now… if she did berate Ashley in front of the team from sleeping with her assistant coach, and then encourage her teammates/players to do so as well, then she deserves to be fired and I will not feel one bit sorry for her. But I do find that part of the story a bit hard to believe. I’m trying reserve judgement until I personally know more. But if her teammate’s corroborate her story and say it happened then the hell with Amy Williams, she’s obviously a terrible leader and nothing like the person I thought she was.

Ok. I've had enough comedy. What are we really working with? Amy... We can suspect is gone. Trev........ I don't quite know but that's in jeopardy

Some of this is just weird. I'm not in this situation, but from there article this stood out among other things:

“When ASHLEY eventually did accept one of LOVE’s SnapChat invitations, they met in the parking lot of a Costco, after midnight. LOVE told ASHLEY he had just left the bars. They sat in the car and talked. LOVE chided ASHLEY about not bringing alcohol and asking her, if I leave for a different school, will you come with me?”

What did you think was going to happen in the parking lot at a Costco? I get the angle of wanting to be a coach and making sure you aren't ruining your shot, but what did you think this guy was pursuing? There is a lot of wrong here on the NU side, but surface level has some massive red flags on her side and looks like just searching for a settlement of some sort.

Some of this is just weird. I'm not in this situation, but from there article this stood out among other things:

“When ASHLEY eventually did accept one of LOVE’s SnapChat invitations, they met in the parking lot of a Costco, after midnight. LOVE told ASHLEY he had just left the bars. They sat in the car and talked. LOVE chided ASHLEY about not bringing alcohol and asking her, if I leave for a different school, will you come with me?”

What did you think was going to happen in the parking lot at a Costco? I get the angle of wanting to be a coach and making sure you aren't ruining your shot, but what did you think this guy was pursuing? There is a lot of wrong here on the NU side, but surface level has some massive red flags on her side and looks like just searching for a settlement of some sort.
I agree, she is an adult and put herself in that situation and then claims victimhood. there are no claims of sexual assault. Obviously Love deserved to be fired.

Imagine Queen Kong calling someone a blockhead 🤣
Hey, look:

The guy who trusted frost/Whipple to land the qb of the future instead of offering Flores!

Your posts toward me lately haven’t been very Christlike. Perhaps I will be a focus of your ‘24 silence retreat?

Either way, I hope all is well with you.

• Love
Reactions: WHCSC
Ok. I've had enough comedy. What are we really working with? Amy... We can suspect is gone. Trev........ I don't quite know but that's in jeopardy

IMO… Williams is probably toast. I suppose it’s possible Trev could choose to retain her, but most of the time someone has to be held accountable and she’s HC.

Now Trev on the other hand… I can only see 1 or 2 scenarios where his job should be in jeopardy?

1. He would’ve had to know about all this (the relationship and more importantly AW actions towards Scoggins) and chose to do nothing about it. But that seems implausible, I just don’t see him being close enough to the situation to have any 1st hand knowledge. He likely would only know what AW reported to him.

2. Scoggins reported this incident to Trev (or the athletic dept) and he sided with Williams’ version of the story. If in fact Scoggins was telling the truth and her story is corroborated that could be bad for Trev.

Overall I think it’s more likely that AW is toast. But this is all my opinion with limited information. We shall see what happens I guess…

Reactions: Laner2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT