ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska parents to file lawsuit

Monday morning to stop Kevin Warren from stopping season, according to clay travis.

This is a good first step. It needs to pick up momentum so that it comes to a head.

Not playing this year is going to be devastating to the member universities and players

Reactions: bowlhawk
Hate to see lawsuits. But apparently it's the only way to get some kind of transparency out of the conference at this point.

has Mr McCaffrey obtained a lawyer to draft a letter with the threat of legal action directed toward the Big Sky Conference?
He is the head football coach at Northern Colorado after all.

I can't imagine how many people on this board are outraged about this hypocrisy between how he is approaching this situation on a micro level (his son) versus the approach with regards to the student-athletes he coaches and represents (the macro level)

I believe another parent in a leadership position that had similar discrepancies between how things were handled was referred to in another thread as ... and I quote ...."a f'cking dickwad"

Last edited:
I hope that KW gets a sliver under his fingernail today.

And can't get it out.

Not even with a really good pair of tweezers.
I hope he gets terrible debilatating hemorrhoids that magically go away on the first day of big 10 football.

Don't know if I was a parent I would want my name attached to something like this. I don't begrudge them to putting it together, but just think as a parent your job is to parent, and that is it.

Did McCaffery file any type of discovery suit like this for Northern Colorado?

has Mr McCaffrey obtained a lawyer to draft a letter with the threat of legal action directed toward the Big Sky Conference?

I can't imagine how many people on this board are outraged about this hypocrisy between how he is approaching this situation with regards to his son versus the approach with regards to the student-athletes he coaches and represents

MealyImaginaryIvorybackedwoodswallow-max-1mb.gif

I can't imagine how many people on this board are outraged about this hypocrisy between how he is approaching this situation on a micro level (his son) versus the approach with regards to the student-athletes he coaches and represents (the macro level)
Why do you take such pleasure in doing this? You never seem to root for the huskers (although I truly believe you are a husker fan); instead, all you do on this board is take the opposite side of those who are letting their emotions out.

Are you a robot?

I guess there's a reason why university presidents rose to the positions they hold today. Maybe Kevin Warren is indeed the Grinch Who Stole Football, and is truly the driving force behind the season being canceled. But if the university presidents scripted out a game plan where they don't have to go on record, don't reveal anything about their meeting, and just let Warren absorb 100% of the criticism, they did so masterfully and to perfection.

Why are these parents filing lawsuits on behalf of their adult children? Why are we hearing from them at all? And that goes for the parents around the entire league. Randy Wade, a parent of Ohio State player Shaun Wade, is making a big scene about going to the Big Ten office today to demand answers from Kevin Warren. Shaun Wade is a few weeks shy of being 22 years old! Helicopter parenting has gotten out of control.

......... if the university presidents scripted out a game plan where they don't have to go on record, don't reveal anything about their meeting, and just let Warren absorb 100% of the criticism, they did so masterfully and to perfection.

Good observation. That's what the NFL does with Roger Goodell.

He carries out the owner's wishes, is the face of unpopular decisions, takes the boo's at draft day, etc. and is compensated 40 million to take that heat.

Reactions: TheBeav815

I believe another parent in a leadership position that had similar discrepancies between how things were handled was referred to in another thread as ... and I quote ...."a f'cking dickwad"

Head coaches didn’t get a vote. Your point is moot, and your thought process is wrong... per usual.

your ears must've been burning when I typed those words

LaughingLaughingRollingLaugh

of course, ye of little or no research, Ed McCaffrey has come out publicly against the Big Sky's decision multiple times over the last 2 weeks

keep up the great work!

of course, ye of little or no research, Ed McCaffrey has come out publicly against the Big Sky's decision multiple times over the last 2 weeks

keep up the great work!

perhaps he has -- if he has, he has been pretty inconsistent

https://www.fortmorgantimes.com/202...sky-moves-football-to-spring-due-to-covid-19/

The Bears hired McCaffrey, former Denver Bronco and Stanford alumnus, in December. McCaffrey said at the Big Sky virtual media days he is “blessed” to be the head coach at UNC, despite all the challenges COVID-19 brought.

After the Big Sky’s decision, he said in a statement that he’s “deeply disappointed” for the players and coaches but understands and applauds the leadership. McCaffrey said postponing the season was a “difficult decision” but one that prioritizes student-athlete health and safety.

“There are still a lot of unknowns, but we will use this time to further player development within the program and will be ready when we get the opportunity to play,” McCaffrey said.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Why do you take such pleasure in doing this? You never seem to root for the huskers (although I truly believe you are a husker fan); instead, all you do on this board is take the opposite side of those who are letting their emotions out.

Are you a robot?

he’s a troll. Can’t figure out if a fan of another team or a Neb fan and just takes pleasure in cherry picking posts to make others look dumb

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
perhaps he has -- if he has, he has been pretty inconsistent

https://www.fortmorgantimes.com/202...sky-moves-football-to-spring-due-to-covid-19/

The Bears hired McCaffrey, former Denver Bronco and Stanford alumnus, in December. McCaffrey said at the Big Sky virtual media days he is “blessed” to be the head coach at UNC, despite all the challenges COVID-19 brought.

After the Big Sky’s decision, he said in a statement that he’s “deeply disappointed” for the players and coaches but understands and applauds the leadership. McCaffrey said postponing the season was a “difficult decision” but one that prioritizes student-athlete health and safety.

“There are still a lot of unknowns, but we will use this time to further player development within the program and will be ready when we get the opportunity to play,” McCaffrey said.
Let me give you a plausible answer... please don’t call me a hypocrite for trying to be objective.

Why hasn’t Ed and Lisa M filed a lawsuit for their son Dylan at Michigan? Do they love Luke more? Hmmm...

I know, maybe it’s because the leadership at Michigan is not 100% behind playing football. There has been plenty of stuff out there about the Michigan university president that suggests leadership is not in favor of playing this fall.

Leadership seems to be the issue at Northern Colorado as well. The leadership there is not interested in playing this fall.

What about the leadership at Nebraska? Coaches, players, AD, and president all are in favor of playing this fall. What this tells me is that if the support of the leaders of the university is there, that changes things.

Does this make sense?

just go look at what he publicly endorses instead of grabbing pre-written statements from the day the announcement was made:

https://twitter.com/87ed?lang=en

every single RT is pro-playing in the fall.

but please only spend time on this if you're able. I know you've got an overflowing ICU to tend to.

keep up the great work!

so when given the chance to speak on the record he has voiced public support for the Big Sky's position with his direct quotes ... to my knowledge hasn't said a thing himself to the contrary

he has said one thing publicly with his own words which is on the record but retweeted other people's words that seem to be contrary

what a cowardly approach ....

Last edited:
Monday morning to stop Kevin Warren from stopping season, according to clay travis.
Nothing in that attorney letter demanded that the BIG reverse its decision or "stop KW from stopping the season". I don't see how Clay Davis could possibly read that letter and come to the conclusion that such action is its purpose. If that is their ultimate goal - to force the league to reverse their decision - its a lost cause, no?

They are asking for production of documents pertaining to the decision and the process that produced it. The long line demanding such answers began forming a long time ago.

Last edited:
so when given the chance to speak on the record he has voiced public support for the Big Sky's position with his direct quotes ... to my knowledge hasn't said a thing himself to the contrary

he has said one thing publicly with his own words which is on the record but retweeted other people's words that seem to be contrary

according to you, it's cowardly when Mr. McCaffrey toes the line and childish when Coach Frost doesn't.

got it.

you bury yourself deeper and deeper with every post. the self-owns just keep coming.

Every board has one.

Reactions: arf_man
according to you, it's cowardly when Mr. McCaffrey toes the line and childish when Coach Frost doesn't.

got it.

you bury yourself deeper and deeper with every post. the self-owns just keep coming.

i never said Frost was cowardly for not towing the line ... I said he was cowardly for threatening to not tow the line and then tucking tale < 48 hours later

Yeah… Good call. Ed McCaffrey is a coward.

Jackass is correct.

i never said Frost was cowardly for not towing the line ... I said he was cowardly for threatening to not tow the line and then tucking tale < 48 hours later
you said Mr. McCaffrey was cowardly and Frost was childish. re-read my post, then defend your own words if you'd like.

you said Mr. McCaffrey was cowardly and Frost was childish. re-read my post, then defend your own words if you'd like.

good catch I will amend. .. you are right it is childish to throw a fit without any conviction to see it through .. my bad

see adjective and noun description above

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT