ADVERTISEMENT

Lawsuit Scoggins

I do not care about the verdict

The public opinion gavel has fallen and the damage to the rep of the program/U is done

Just like you will take every chance you get to call Michigan cheaters, some will undoubtedly refer to NU through the lens of these allegations, evidence be damned
Well, if it is over and done deal, why talk about it like it is important. For you it is over and done.

Show me where I called Michigan cheaters. I believe it could be an opportunity for NU to step up and show they deal with the human condition fairly.

All she has to say is "I felt pressured to become involved or would jeopardize my place on the team/scholarship. As a university representative his actions travel upward.
very true but the university isn’t going to simply lay down. Also, it isn’t as one-sided as some people make it seem. some people like to attack when one’s thoughts or opinions don’t align with theirs. That’s ok, it’s a message board.

What some fail to realize and are scolding me is that Nebraska has to start their defense at the lowest common denominator and go from there. Creating foundation. Establishing facts.

Ok. We still need all of the facts. Nothing changes that. If you were accused of something I’m sure you’d want all of the facts to be presented. It doesn’t change no matter who it is. And as you stated. It’s an accusation. That’s all it is until facts are presented and we know who is guilty of what.

absolutely.

I do not care about the verdict

The public opinion gavel has fallen and the damage to the rep of the program/U is done

Just like you will take every chance you get to call Michigan cheaters, some will undoubtedly refer to NU through the lens of these allegations, evidence be damned
Damage?

One girl with questionable morals starts meeting and sleeping with a man of questionable morals.

They are both adults. He’s married and she knows it.

They get caught by the team. The head coach berates both and suspends both immediately.

I fail to see what she truly did that was wrong. Honestly.

Damage?

One girl with questionable morals starts meeting and sleeping with a man of questionable morals.

They are both adults. He’s married and she knows it.

They get caught by the team. The head coach berates both and suspends both immediately.

I fail to see what she truly did that was wrong. Honestly.
Be careful, there are members of the jury that believe she is the victim - end of story.

Reactions: HUSKERBILL
A lot mud slinging in this one. Nebraska will request dismissal, judge will deny, RFIs will occur and both sides will feel heat. Nebraska has the deeper pockets so they can drag it out and make them sweat. It will eventually settle and all sides will walk away along with an NDA.
This was filed exactly because NU has deeper pockets. This will never go to trial. They’ll settle it before.

All she has to say is "I felt pressured to become involved or would jeopardize my place on the team/scholarship. As a university representative his actions travel upward.
Or, he told me I would get more playing time if we had sex. IF the allegations are true and IF she has messages from him still. It'll be all she wrote. A jury would believe anything she contended at that point. Doesn't mean it's right, it's just our current world.

I thought about potential damages in this case. I don't know, I think this will be settled out of court for less than a million dollars. It's the reputation of the University that is at stake. They will need to find a way to lessen the damage and move on. If they fight to hard and Scoggins has the goods to back up the allegations, it'll cost them more. It's a no win for the University. They need to get out of it and get it settled as quickly as possible.

They are allegations. It will undoubtedly be settled out of court. You put this in front of a jury at your own peril.

I think this goes to the a person in a position of power took advantage of a subordinate. That is how I see it as described in the article. I’m certain coaches aren’t allowed to have a sexual relationship with an athlete under any circumstance while employed by the University.

If there is no truth to any of it then it's possible nothing consequential will happen. BUT if even some of it is true then …..
That's the big question, who was taking advantage of who? Was the player doing the coach so she could get more playing time or a NIL deal? The coach is a scum, cheating on his wife, bla, bla, bla, but that doesn't mean that she was actually damaged any more than if she was getting it on with a football player who had another girl friend.

I will never understand hiw these things fall on the coach and university. These two people had a relationship, and if and when the coach/university found out they let them both go. What more can they do? Everything else is He said, She said bullshit. I highly doubt Trev Albert's knew about this and was like "Gooooooo Chuck! As long as you don't get caught brother!" You think Trev would ruin his reputation for a WBB assistant coach? Ain't happening folks and makes no sense for them to hide it

That's the big question, who was taking advantage of who? Was the player doing the coach so she could get more playing time or a NIL deal? The coach is a scum, cheating on his wife, bla, bla, bla, but that doesn't mean that she was actually damaged any more than if she was getting it on with a football player who had another girl friend.
I’m with mgbries on this. We have the same policies where I work. There is a power dynamic that might be exploited for sexual favors. Worse yet here is that the coach (boss) went after the player (subordinate). Doesn’t matter if it’s “consensual”, the assumption is it is not. If a teacher wants to go after a student in his class the only way that he survives it is if it happens after the class is over and even then…

I also think if this pow wow in Penn State happened, there are a lot of witnesses that can clarify exactly what happened and the time frame.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Of course.

What I’m saying has nothing to do with a verdict. Guilty, innocent, who in the public cares?

I’m saying the verdict is meaningless & the damage has already been done.
No damage has been done. You can settle down with your dramatics. Unless there is a guilty verdict nothing comes of it. The same ole same ole that hate Nebraska will talk. Who cares.

To me, it matters that she was a willing participant. She is an adult who knew what she was doing and she did it over and over..lottsa bad choices here...but in this day and age I also know she's going to collect a lot of benjamins anyway, it's just how today's wokeness works. There has to be a victim, rarely do we see a judge say "WTF did you think was going to happen when you started banging your married coach"? there always a victim...of their own bad choices, and all too frequently they profit from it, as she will here. Best to scratch the check as quietly and quickly as possible and move on.

The amount of slut-shaming going on here is ridiculous but not surprising.
Meh, I think many are pointing out TWO morally reprehensible people. Does the power dynamic make Love lower in my eyes? For sure.
But I don't see this as slut shaming where people high five a guy that has nailed hundreds while condemning a woman.

So, just curious, was Ms. Scoggin was an adult when the relationship began? If so, does she not share responsibility and/or culpability for allowing a relationship to materialize? Based on the language in the lawsuit, she was aware of Mr. Love being married. As such, she had the ability to distinguish whether or not the relationship was morally acceptable; for which it was not. Since she is a college athlete, she demonstrated a certain level of intelligence, thus she possesses the ability to understand right and wrong and know her involvement with Mr. Love was not appropriate.

Therefore she shared responsibility for the relationship. She admitted in so many words in the suit v. Love that it was a mutual relationship. She acted of her own free will.
Bingo. If there was a lawsuit for every professor-student relationship or every coach-student relationship, we wouldn't have any colleges.

My track coach in college was dating one of the athletes. It was out in the open and everyone knew about it. It wasn't some big deal.

Remember when Major Applewhite was having sex with a student when he was a coach? Probably not, because it's two adults in the eyes of the law and UT barely cared.

If this came up in the work place and you don't like the advancements of your boss, you say no and report it if it continues. You don't accept the advancement, start sleeping with the person on multiple occasions, and then sue.

To me, it matters that she was a willing participant. She is an adult who knew what she was doing and she did it over and over..lottsa bad choices here...but in this day and age I also know she's going to collect a lot of benjamins anyway, it's just how today's wokeness works. There has to be a victim, rarely do we see a judge say "WTF did you think was going to happen when you started banging your married coach"? there always a victim...of their own bad choices, and all too frequently they profit from it, as she will here. Best to scratch the check as quietly and quickly as possible and move on.
My initial reaction was to post a response about the number of problems with this post, but instead, I am going to like it.

Bingo. If there was a lawsuit for every professor-student relationship or every coach-student relationship, we wouldn't have any colleges.

My track coach in college was dating one of the athletes. It was out in the open and everyone knew about it. It wasn't some big deal.

Remember when Major Applewhite was having sex with a student when he was a coach? Probably not, because it's two adults in the eyes of the law and UT barely cared.

If this came up in the work place and you don't like the advancements of your boss, you say no and report it if it continues. You don't accept the advancement, start sleeping with the person on multiple occasions, and then sue.
I don't disagree with you but I'm assuming difference with applewhite is he was dating one of his players

Reactions: aNUstart
I’m with mgbries on this. We have the same policies where I work. There is a power dynamic that might be exploited for sexual favors. Worse yet here is that the coach (boss) went after the player (subordinate). Doesn’t matter if it’s “consensual”, the assumption is it is not. If a teacher wants to go after a student in his class the only way that he survives it is if it happens after the class is over and even then…
I had many female professors pursue me in college for sexual favors and I never gave in to the temptation....OK, no professor ever pursued me, but if they had, I'd have said a definitive NO as it's inappropriate....OK, if I had been pursued, depending on how hot the professor was, I would have given in, but I would have never told anyone....unless it was to my advantage.

No damage has been done. You can settle down with your dramatics. Unless there is a guilty verdict nothing comes of it. The same ole same ole that hate Nebraska will talk. Who cares.
A settlement costs money (damage)

Having this headline appear at the top of ESPN for two days tarnishes the entire university’s reputation (damage).

If you don’t believe either of those two indisputable facts, you’re incapable of objective thought.

Having this headline appear at the top of ESPN for two days tarnishes the entire university’s reputation (damage).

If you don’t believe either of those two indisputable facts, you’re incapable of objective thought.
Yawn. It is a litigious society; filing a lawsuit is as common place as a husker qb turnover. It doesn’t help anything by being sued, but an adult having consensual sex with a married guy, and then blaming the university for it doesn’t really pull at the heartstrings like it used to. It isn’t a good look, but this isn’t pedo state or MSU, not even close. The response from the defendants will be interesting. They can go very basic, or they can get very detailed.

Yawn. It is a litigious society; filing a lawsuit is as common place as a husker qb turnover. It doesn’t help anything by being sued, but an adult having consensual sex with a married guy, and then blaming the university for it doesn’t really pull at the heartstrings like it used to. It isn’t a good look, but this isn’t pedo state or MSU, not even close. The response from the defendants will be interesting. They can go very basic, or they can get very detailed.
I agree.

this is better than a septuagenarian buttf*cking football players in the shower and worse than nothing happening.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Just appears to be a typical money grab. She wasn't forced into having sex. Don't think the team and/or the school covered it up. She was booted off the team and coach was fired after review. Funny how people suddenly act all traumatized years after speaking with a lawyer. Gives Trev and Williams haters something to whine about though.

I had many female professors pursue me in college for sexual favors and I never gave in to the temptation....OK, no professor ever pursued me, but if they had, I'd have said a definitive NO as it's inappropriate....OK, if I had been pursued, depending on how hot the professor was, I would have given in, but I would have never told anyone....unless it was to my advantage.
Van Wilder cats GIF

First of all, things happen at every institution nation wide. It is more of a black eye in your own mind than it is with the majority. That’s fine. You’re soft and full of anxiety. It is what it is. But, because I do not sit here and act as soft as you and stress over things I can’t control don’t ever tell me I’m incapable of an objective thought. I’ve dealt with enough of your stupid ass bullshit on here already. You are the biggest keyboard warrior I’ve ever seen. You do more reputation damage than any incident will ever do. The only fact you have is an incident occurred. Once, or if, the full story comes out we will have indisputable facts. Until then it’s an accusation and nothing more. Period.

First of all, things happen at every institution nation wide. It is more of a black eye in your own mind than it is with the majority. That’s fine. You’re soft and full of anxiety. It is what it is. But, because I do not sit here and act as soft as you and stress over things I can’t control don’t ever tell me I’m incapable of an objective thought. I’ve dealt with enough of your stupid ass bullshit on here already. You are the biggest keyboard warrior I’ve ever seen. You do more reputation damage than any incident will ever do. The only fact you have is an incident occurred. Once, or if, the full story comes out we will have indisputable facts. Until then it’s an accusation and nothing more. Period.
this is an extremely emotional post

thus, all further and prior opinions on the matter are disqualified.

you're incapable of setting your feelings aside and assessing this for what it is - an unfortunate circumstance brought upon the university and the AD by people nobody would otherwise ever hear from or care about.

thank you for your service. the bold made me laugh out loud.

this is an extremely emotional post

thus, all further and prior opinions on the matter are disqualified

you're incapable of setting your feelings aside and assessing this for what it is - an unfortunate circumstance brought upon the university and the AD by people nobody would otherwise ever hear from or care about
I’m not incapable of setting my feelings aside. It is unfortunate that this happened and I’ve said so. But you just go full board that Trev and Amy are to blame and are going to be fired and the university will take years to recover. 🤯 Like I said, I don’t stress over what I can’t control. You do. Then you want to talk shit to people, keyboard warrior, and make a bigger deal out of everything. Shit happens everywhere. She got caught, got embarrassed and now she wants to try and humiliate the university to make herself feel better. I’m not biting, sorry.

I’m not incapable of setting my feelings aside. It is unfortunate that this happened and I’ve said so. But you just go full board that Trev and Amy are to blame and are going to be fired and the university will take years to recover. 🤯 Like I said, I don’t stress over what I can’t control. You do. Then you want to talk shit to people, keyboard warrior, and make a bigger deal out of everything. Shit happens everywhere. She got caught, got embarrassed and now she wants to try and humiliate the university to make herself feel better. I’m not biting, sorry.
if you can find a quote from me stating what's in bold, then I will understand where you're coming from

since I never said those things, I will assume those are the feelings I've aroused in you instead of what actually took place.

don't apologize to me. I am not offended. just use your brain instead of your vagina when attempting to think objectively. it will help you to see things more clearly.

if you can find a quote from me stating what you've said, then I will understand where you're coming from

since I never said those things, I will assume those are the feelings I've aroused in you instead of what actually took place.

don't apologize to me. I am not offended. just use your brain instead of your vagina when attempting to think objectively. it will help you to see things more clearly.
damn, this is starting to take a different turn.

if you can find a quote from me stating what you've said, then I will understand where you're coming from

don't apologize to me. just use your brain instead of your vagina when attempting to think objectively.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 man would I like to run into you at a game this fall.

• Love
Reactions: king_kong_
Yup and I would bet money on Nebraska's attorneys will start by hammering away at moral culpability.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT