ADVERTISEMENT

Names in Trev’s top desk drawer

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
I know everyone is throwing out crazy aspirational names. But given Trev’s orbit and background who do actually think is on his list?

I know everyone is throwing out crazy aspirational names. But given Trev’s orbit and background who do actually think is on his list?
Don't even care. Have zero confidence he will make the right decision after the incompetence shown bringing Frost back. This program is dead.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
we get a 100 million a year from the big now
Nothing to gain and everything to lose by taking this job. If he turns it around, great but if he doesn't it hurts his future employment opportunities. Logistically, he's better off staying where he is and building upon his success. I know Scott Frost did the same thing, leaving success at UCF behind to come here, but how did that work out for him?

Nothing to gain and everything to lose by taking this job. If he turns it around, great but if he doesn't it hurts his future employment opportunities. Logistically, he's better off staying where he is and building upon his success. I know Scott Frost did the same thing, leaving success at UCF behind to come here, but how did that work out for him?
he would'nt call for a onside kick up by 11 points.

Reactions: BleedRed78
It's the perfect job for a coach at the end of his career. You just make sure you have a huge buy out provision in the contract and then you can retire to easy city.

It's the perfect job for a coach at the end of his career. You just make sure you have a huge buy out provision in the contract and then you can retire to easy city.
That's why I picked a lot of old retread coaches on the list of coaches we should hire.

So have to think any worthy candidate from Big 12 or PAC 12 needs to be reached out to. Aranda, Gundy and Campbell also Whitingham and Shaw if Stanford not invited to Big 10. Maybe none of these pickup the phone, but they need to be on the list.

If they simply just removed Frost, and didn’t even name a head coach… I’d be willing to wager there would be immediate, drastic improvement. The whole AD besides TA needs to go as well. The next hire needs support, and no hold-overs working against them because they are butt hurt

So have to think any worthy candidate from Big 12 or PAC 12 needs to be reached out to. Aranda, Gundy and Campbell also Whitingham and Shaw if Stanford not invited to Big 10. Maybe none of these pickup the phone, but they need to be on the list.
I thought Kyle Whittingham was interested either when Callahan or Pelini was hired.

Reactions: Baxter48
it just occurred to me (Iowa fan here) that you guys MIGHT be in a good position with the fact that college realignment and that there are really only two good conferences to coach in if a coach wants to do anything great. so, that means that good coaches from those other conferences (Gundy, Fickell, etc.) MIGHT actually look at a school like Nebraska who has a lot of tradition/resources.

sorry that it took me so long to figure all that out, but I am not any more intelligent than most Iowa fans claim Nebraskans are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT