ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan and expectations

IF UCF team from last year could potentially beat the CU team from this year it says something about either the players or the coaching. The chatter on here has been non-stop we have the talent but not the coaching. Now we have, by some standards, the top coaches in the country so what's left? If you get beat by a team that UCF could have beat last year, the statement is you aren't very good.

Assume last year's UCF team could not have beaten them this year, then you are saying that with all of the talent Frost inherited, he can't get it to a high enough level to beat the lowly Buffs.

I contend, losing to CU was more damaging than most want to admit. It sends the statement that even though on paper we have better talent, it did not transfer into a win and if we have a better coaching staff, that didn't help either. If CU goes on to finish in the middle of their league, we really have some "splaining" to do.
The bottomline is that we have a banged up true freshman starting QB or a walk on JUCO transfer who has never played in a D-1 game before this year. We have a totally new staff and scheme on both sides of the ball. Neither of those things are conducive to early season success. That said, even if we start 0-3, IMO that means little about our overall talent level or where this team can go down the road. I think we potentially have a future all B1G QB and maybe several all conference type players (and maybe an All-American or two) on both sides of the ball who are going to do nothing but get better.

keep it within 1 score for half the game, and lose by <17 and I'll be happy. Better outcome than almost any big road game since 2012.

I have a gut feeling all year that we pull an upset. After watching the first 2 games I doubt that will happen. Although I do think Nebraska comes out fired up, similar to the CU game. I don't think we have as many mental errors either. I think our D will do enough to keep us in the game. The key will be if our offense get put points up against a tough D. We are going to need more players than Martinez to do something to have a chance.
I think we keep it closer than what everyone thinks. 35-28 Michigan. My perfect game, upset prediction is 34-31 Nebraska

Had a dream that we came out and took a 13-0 lead and ended up losing 41-20. Yuck.

Had a dream that we came out and took a 13-0 lead and ended up losing 41-20. Yuck.

This could be possible. In order to win, we’re going to need some turnovers and great special teams play. We’re going to need short field drives where we convert into touchdowns, not missed field goals. Having said that, we can’t give up 3rd n 15s like we regularly do..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT