ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten BB Tournment

Finishing with 7 straight wins would be absolutely amazing and 3 seed going in the tournament is a real possibility..

Win out and have Illinois lose to Purdue and Iowa and your Nebraska Cornhuskers are the #2 seed.
That is a possibility. The Illini blew that PSU game a week ago, which pretty much could have wrapped up the 2 seed for them.

Win out and have Illinois lose to Purdue and Iowa and your Nebraska Cornhuskers are the #2 seed.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Sorry - had to do it! Joking aside, that could definitely happen.

Great opportunity for Red Nation to show out in the Cities to support the Big Red. IMO, might be the best chance to make an easy drive to the tournament before the PAC-12 schools come aboard.

With Wisconsin losing to IU last night, NU is now sitting in 4th place. NU controls their own destiny now regarding the double-bye in the B1G Tournament.

Reactions: V-Doub
If we play well enough over the last 3 to get a double bye, we're a lock.
I think we're already in

3 more wins will get us on the happy side of the 8-seed, IMO

the 3 projected 1 seeds we'd be paired with (UCONN, Houston, Arizona) are pretty good teams. everyone else can be had if the chips fall for us. vice versa, of course.

Reactions: V-Doub
I don't know that a double bye does us any favors

high seed and a 1 and done is likely perceived worse than a mid-high seed and a round 2 win
Quit worrying about stacking wins. If Nebraska secures a 4 seed that means they’ve at least won 2 of final 3. They don’t need another win in the tourney.

Get the double bye and make some noise!

I think we're already in

3 more wins will get us on the happy side of the 8-seed, IMO

the 3 projected 1 seeds we'd be paired with (UCONN, Houston, Arizona) are pretty good teams. everyone else can be had if the chips fall for us. vice versa, of course.
I feel like if we win out, and win 1 game in the tourney we are closer to a 6 or 7 seed. A lot left to sort out for sure, but not out of the realm right now.

I feel like if we win out, and win 1 game in the tourney we are closer to a 6 or 7 seed. A lot left to sort out for sure, but not out of the realm right now.
If Nebraska wins against Ohio State they will most likely be an 8 seed in most brackets and as high as 6 and the low would be a 9

They win 3 more after that they will be a 5/6 seed IMO

OMG watching Illinois vs Minnesota. Thought I recognized one of the refs. Pretty sure that's ol brooks from hastings/gi. What a poor ref. Cocky sob when he officiated my teams. No wonder he's with the b1g. He likes his ass kissed and don't question him

If Nebraska wins against Ohio State they will most likely be an 8 seed in most brackets and as high as 6 and the low would be a 9

That's what it should be, just don't see us getting any love. We haven't earned the love over time, but agree with you

They aren’t climbing up the NET rankings far enough by beating the cellar dwellers of the big 10 to get a 5/6 seed.

Can't go. @dinglefritz said we'll all get murdered and our wives will be sold to the skin trade.
The people going to the basketball game can climb over the dead bodies of Husker fans from the football game. I saw on social media they are still there. Piles of them.

Or wait.... maybe that didn't happen and there weren't any reports of Husker fans having trouble after all the dramatic people on here said not to go. Weird. It's almost as if the people being dramatic about it don't actually go there.

A bit off topic...is Higgins not reffing anymore? I have not seen him at all this season...he used to be 3/4 times a week....

A bit off topic...is Higgins not reffing anymore? I have not seen him at all this season...he used to be 3/4 times a week....
Good question, I've seen Kissinger a lot this year but I haven't seen Higgins either.

Now I do not see the Huskers dropping either game you have left. So, looks like you are either 3rd or 4th.
But if the Hawks beat IL, and the Huskers and Wisc drop one game, Hawks end up 4th. I do not see Iowa beating IL, or you are losing a game.

Good luck on you lasts two games. Your team is fun to watch and actually the Hawks have been playing better.

https://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT