ADVERTISEMENT

Mel Tucker and MSU

Actually, he turned down the interview for the job as stated by the free press, AP, Mel himself, and every other outlet. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story though bro. Yes, their high ranking boosters, administration, and regents were very interested. It just wasn't reciprocated. You should be happy it wasn't since you have to play MSU most years.

Classic.

Another example of how B1G money talks. Mel is getting $5 million a year. Personally I think Fickle made a big mistake by not taking this P5 job. He'll get more offers in the future but that would have happened if he was at MSU as well. Another major difference is what a coach is able to pay his assistants.

Another example of how B1G money talks. Mel is getting $5 million a year. Personally I think Fickle made a big mistake by not taking this P5 job. He'll get more offers in the future but that would have happened if he was at MSU as well. Another major difference is what a coach is able to pay his assistants.
I don't get this, what has the guy accomplished to justify 5 Mill a year? Leading CU to 5-7 last year? This seems like desperation to just put a coach in place.

I don't get this, what has the guy accomplished to justify 5 Mill a year? Leading CU to 5-7 last year? This seems like desperation to just put a coach in place.

Nobody thought Kirk Cousins was the best QB in football either, but timing wins out on both of these situations I guess....but for 5mil a year, I feel like they could have done way better.

Nobody thought Kirk Cousins was the best QB in football either, but timing wins out on both of these situations I guess....but for 5mil a year, I feel like they could have done way better.
I do think he will have more opportunity for success at MSU vs CU but I just don't think he justifies 5 mill yet. Like I said, I think it was more desperation on MSU part to get a coach in place asap. He turned them down multiple times and they just kept throwing more money at him until he said yes.

Reactions: WHCSC
Was looking up coaching salaries. Tucker at 5 Mill will be tied with. Frost and Charlie Strong at 14th in the country. Side note Jeff Brohm is making 6.6 mill and ranks as the 8th highest paid coach in the country. WTF???

Reactions: headcard
Was looking up coaching salaries. Tucker at 5 Mill will be tied with. Frost and Charlie Strong at 14th in the country. Side note Jeff Brohm is making 6.6 mill and ranks as the 8th highest paid coach in the country. WTF???

Purdue gave Brohm a raise after the 2018 season so he wouldn’t go to Louisville or anywhere else..
I can see why they wouldn’t want to lose him regardless if Purdue underachieved last season..

Reactions: headcard
Checking Scavenger’s profile and it says he was on here at 2:02 am... wonder why he didn’t post anything? Hmmmmmmm.....

Extinction-Rebellion-protest.jpg

LOL @Scavenger

MSU is a far better job, just like it’s a far better job than Cincy.

No brainer.

It’s the B1G, man. Get the net.

Actually, he turned down the interview for the job as stated by the free press, AP, Mel himself, and every other outlet. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story though bro. Yes, their high ranking boosters, administration, and regents were very interested. It just wasn't reciprocated. You should be happy it wasn't since you have to play MSU most years.

How delicious. Foot in mouth. Again. Par for the course with you.

Reactions: Bugeater
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT