ADVERTISEMENT

Mel Tucker and MSU

Means he didn't get the job after the interview. Laughing

My guess is that he was interviewed or considered only so that MSU could say they interviewed more than one candidate but MSU was never serious about it.
Actually, he turned down the interview for the job as stated by the free press, AP, Mel himself, and every other outlet. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story though bro. Yes, their high ranking boosters, administration, and regents were very interested. It just wasn't reciprocated. You should be happy it wasn't since you have to play MSU most years.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
First of all, you seem to think your opinion is the right one, with no more tangible proof than I have, so WTF?

Schools Logan won titles at (number of titles):
  • Arvada West (1)- Replaced retired coach that had made several trips to the playoffs...in other words, a program that was on solid footing when he got there.
  • Chatfield (1)- Not much tradition; came during an era of a very liberal transfer rule (several A-West players transferred there, as well as Lendale White from Denver South...who he'd never have coached under the former rules).
  • Mullen (3)- Private school (i.e. can recruit), with 5 previous titles to their credit; again, another program on very solid footing prior to his arrival.
  • Cherry Creek (2)- Largest school in Colorado (3,700 students...at least 1,000 more than the next largest school). 8 previous state titles to their resume before Logan got there; again (again), a program on very solid footing prior to his arrival.
Yes, he's a great HS coach...but I'd be curious how he'd do at a place like Denver North or Jefferson (2004-2019 record of 21-132, with 2 winning seasons). That's a major secret to being a successful HS coach....coach at places where you have a chance to win.

I'd like to know how these figures are, especially the NFL ones, that you heard say that Logan would be such a hit taking the reigns at am FBS program. Feel free to list them.

My opinion is the right one, so you're correct in that regard. If that bothers you, too bad, move on if you can't stomach it.

I know all about Logan, have known him since the 1980's, and have done camps with him over the years as well as other functions regarding high school football in Colorado as well as sat in with him when he did his radio shows Thursday nights at the Black Eyed Pea on south Wadsworth back in the early 90's

Arvada West: Wins a title when others couldn't

Chatfield: 5 minutes from where I live, wins a title and they haven't since. And the fact that White goes to play for him at Chatfield shows that he can recruit/convince players to come play for him.

Mullen: Proven for sure, but he still won a title, not so much since he left.

Cherry Creek: Again, wins titles when he shows up, and they were in a bit of a downturn before he got there. And Dave would have done what a lot of coaches since McCartney haven't been able to do, shore up Colorado and keep most of the best talent in state.

All that proves he knows how to coach, and he's damn good at it, and I have NO DOUBT that he would make Denver North or Jefferson better teams, you probably think opposite I'm sure.

The late Eddie Crowder and Irv Brown, Buddy Martin, Woody Paige, Fischer DeBerry, John Elway, Ed McCaffrey, Mark Schlereth, Dan Reeves are some of those who know Dave and have said that they believed he could coach at any level, they know the guy and they know what he's capable of.

You have it set in your brain that he couldn't so nothing is going to change your narrative. Keep on beating the drum of stupidity and ignorance, they run hand in hand in you.

Reactions: timnsun
My opinion is the right one, so you're correct in that regard. If that bothers you, too bad, move on if you can't stomach it.

I know all about Logan, have known him since the 1980's, and have done camps with him over the years as well as other functions regarding high school football in Colorado as well as sat in with him when he did his radio shows Thursday nights at the Black Eyed Pea on south Wadsworth back in the early 90's

Chatfield: 5 minutes from where I live, wins a title and they haven't since. And the fact that White goes to play for him at Chatfield shows that he can recruit/convince players to come play for him.

Cherry Creek: Again, wins titles when he shows up, and they were in a bit of a downturn before he got there. And Dave would have done what a lot of coaches since McCartney haven't been able to do, shore up Colorado and keep most of the best talent in state.

All that proves he knows how to coach, and he's damn good at it, and I have NO DOUBT that he would make Denver North or Jefferson better teams, you probably think opposite I'm sure.

The late Eddie Crowder and Irv Brown, Buddy Martin, Woody Paige, Fischer DeBerry, John Elway, Ed McCaffrey, Mark Schlereth, Dan Reeves are some of those who know Dave and have said that they believed he could coach at any level, they know the guy and they know what he's capable of.

You have it set in your brain that he couldn't so nothing is going to change your narrative. Keep on beating the drum of stupidity and ignorance, they run hand in hand in you.
A-West...it was one title, then he left.

Do you know where Lendale White lived? Montbello. Yeah...Logan attracted White to Chatfield....largely because he could go. He never would have played for Logan at Chatfield under the previous rules, unless it was a bonafide move. You must have missed it where I said that Chatfield had no record of success.

I think Logan could be a good college assistant...and then maybe move up to head after some time. Not buying that he'd be successful right away.

Sorry....but I have to look at Faust and Dodge winning STATE and NATIONAL TITLES at schools in Ohio and Texas, versus STATE TITLES in Colorado.

My opinion is the right one. Sorry if you can't stomach it. Plus, more insults and name calling. So much immaturity in someone of your vintage. This internet thingy is great for acting like a keyboard tough guy isn't it?

Coaching at the college level is different. It takes an entirely different level of coaching to win. The game is a lot different. Being the big dog in the state doesn't mean much since you can't win at a P5 school with just in state talent.

Secondly, no one has kept all the talent in state in Colorado and neither would Logan. The recruiting game changes significantly at the college level. McCartney lost the Emmit Mosely's, Scott Lockwood's, Tony Bosselli's, Brian Kelly's, Scott Bentley's, Ryan Clement's, Darryl Clack's, Chis Sanders', and many, many, more to out of state schools. It just didn't matter because he brought the best dudes from Southern Cal, Texas, and Louisiana to CU along with a sprinkle of a few locals. They've always left and that wouldn't have changed with Logan at the helm.

Let's see what McCaffrey does at UNC-Greeley. That will be a half decent benchmark on what a local coach can do at the college level. So far, he took 6 locals. Not sure how many had already committed. I know the RB from Vista Prep he recruited because their previous commitment to Collins' staff (RB from Columbine) committed to CSU. Obviously the Valor WR was his recruit. Along with 6 from Colorado though, he took 4 from Nevada, and 4 from Texas. 2 each from Washington and Cal. Seems to me that even at an FCS school, they don't think getting all the locals is the way to win.

A-West...it was one title, then he left.

Do you know where Lendale White lived? Montbello. Yeah...Logan attracted White to Chatfield....largely because he could go. He never would have played for Logan at Chatfield under the previous rules, unless it was a bonafide move. You must have missed it where I said that Chatfield had no record of success.

I think Logan could be a good college assistant...and then maybe move up to head after some time. Not buying that he'd be successful right away.

Sorry....but I have to look at Faust and Dodge winning STATE and NATIONAL TITLES at schools in Ohio and Texas, versus STATE TITLES in Colorado.

My opinion is the right one. Sorry if you can't stomach it. Plus, more insults and name calling. So much immaturity in someone of your vintage. This internet thingy is great for acting like a keyboard tough guy isn't it?

White could have gone to any school he wanted with the rules being what they were, but he chose to play for a winner in Dave Logan, you can't seem to grasp that reality, right, Mr. Reality? And I know all about what Chatfield was before Dave arrived, makes the argument for Logan even more solid, deal with it.

Logan is a better coach than Faust or Dodge, I know it hurts your brain to think of that possibility, but it is what it is.

Your opinion is the right one? Hilarious, but it is you that can't stomach the correct one. And stupidity and ignorance isn't throwing insults or name calling towards you, it's simply stating the "reality" of who and what you are.

The internet tough guy blast is always funny coming from you.Laughing

Coaching at the college level is different. It takes an entirely different level of coaching to win. The game is a lot different. Being the big dog in the state doesn't mean much since you can't win at a P5 school with just in state talent.

Secondly, no one has kept all the talent in state in Colorado and neither would Logan. The recruiting game changes significantly at the college level. McCartney lost the Emmit Mosely's, Scott Lockwood's, Tony Bosselli's, Brian Kelly's, Scott Bentley's, Ryan Clement's, Darryl Clack's, Chis Sanders', and many, many, more to out of state schools. It just didn't matter because he brought the best dudes from Southern Cal, Texas, and Louisiana to CU along with a sprinkle of a few locals. They've always left and that wouldn't have changed with Logan at the helm.

Let's see what McCaffrey does at UNC-Greeley. That will be a half decent benchmark on what a local coach can do at the college level. So far, he took 6 locals. Not sure how many had already committed. I know the RB from Vista Prep he recruited because their previous commitment to Collins' staff (RB from Columbine) committed to CSU. Obviously the Valor WR was his recruit. Along with 6 from Colorado though, he took 4 from Nevada, and 4 from Texas. 2 each from Washington and Cal. Seems to me that even at an FCS school, they don't think getting all the locals is the way to win.

Coaching at the college level is different? You don't say? You can't win at CU with only in state talent? Really? Whoever said that you could?

I'm quite sure Logan would have done just fine in Boulder, but as I stated before, he wasn't wanted or sought out by the administration, they didn't like to be told who to hire.

Never said that Logan was going to keep all the talent in state, but I have no doubt that he would have gotten a great deal of them to go to CU year in and out, as well as recruiting out of state players to to fill the void that Colorado lacks in number of athletes. You never get all the best to stay home, even OU, Texas and a host of other heavyweights lose recruits to outside their borders.

I don't remember seeing anything about Shaw talking to Nebraska before Frost was hired. And I highly doubt that he would have been interested in the job.
Of course he didn’t have any interest in the job. You missed the point.

Coaching at the college level is different? You don't say? You can't win at CU with only in state talent? Really? Whoever said that you could?

I'm quite sure Logan would have done just fine in Boulder, but as I stated before, he wasn't wanted or sought out by the administration, they didn't like to be told who to hire.

Never said that Logan was going to keep all the talent in state, but I have no doubt that he would have gotten a great deal of them to go to CU year in and out, as well as recruiting out of state players to to fill the void that Colorado lacks in number of athletes. You never get all the best to stay home, even OU, Texas and a host of other heavyweights lose recruits to outside their borders.
I'm just not sure he would have gotten a "great deal of them" or even if he would have wanted to in all honesty. Once he saw film on all of the players out of state, I'm guessing he would have his assistants live in Southern Cal, Texas, Louisiana, etc. That's the other question, who would he hire?

I don't know how Logan would do at CU, but if the big sell is keeping guys in state, that's just not going to win the job. Keeping guys in state is always the goal, but the reality is you have to win out of state to be competitive. That's why there's so much juice with Tucker right now. Would love to win the top 5 to 6 they pursue in state, but beyond that, the battles against UCLA, USC, ASU, Oregon, and Washington in Southern Cal need to be won and get players from the Southwest and Southeast those schools can't/don't normally recruit. Logan would be as unsuccessful as all the others if he couldn't do that.

I'm just not sure he would have gotten a "great deal of them" or even if he would have wanted to in all honesty. Once he saw film on all of the players out of state, I'm guessing he would have his assistants live in Southern Cal, Texas, Louisiana, etc. That's the other question, who would he hire?

I don't know how Logan would do at CU, but if the big sell is keeping guys in state, that's just not going to win the job. Keeping guys in state is always the goal, but the reality is you have to win out of state to be competitive. That's why there's so much juice with Tucker right now. Would love to win the top 5 to 6 they pursue in state, but beyond that, the battles against UCLA, USC, ASU, Oregon, and Washington in Southern Cal need to be won and get players from the Southwest and Southeast those schools can't/don't normally recruit. Logan would be as unsuccessful as all the others if he couldn't do that.
Well, I'll just stick with he would have done quite well at CU, recruiting in and out of state, picking his coaches, and all the other things it takes to build a solid team year in and out.

As a Nebraska fan, I was always happy they never hired him!

White could have gone to any school he wanted with the rules being what they were, but he chose to play for a winner in Dave Logan, you can't seem to grasp that reality, right, Mr. Reality? And I know all about what Chatfield was before Dave arrived, makes the argument for Logan even more solid, deal with it.

Logan is a better coach than Faust or Dodge, I know it hurts your brain to think of that possibility, but it is what it is.

Your opinion is the right one? Hilarious, but it is you that can't stomach the correct one. And stupidity and ignorance isn't throwing insults or name calling towards you, it's simply stating the "reality" of who and what you are.

The internet tough guy blast is always funny coming from you.Laughing
When I said that my "opinion was the right one", and "sorry if you can't stomach it", I was mocking you. For someone that thinks they're so smart, you sure did miss that one.

No one's opinion is the right one all the time. That's why they're called opinions. However, I did present information (results) to back up mine, while all you did was basically say "I'm right....because I'm right".

Yeah....you mentioned those folks that said that Logan could coach at the next level. I'd bet good money that there were people in similar positions in Ohio and Texas that said the same things about Faust and Dodge.

Still completely embarrassed for our coaching staff for that 2019 debacle in Boulder.

When I said that my "opinion was the right one", and "sorry if you can't stomach it", I was mocking you. For someone that thinks they're so smart, you sure did miss that one.

No one's opinion is the right one all the time. That's why they're called opinions. However, I did present information (results) to back up mine, while all you did was basically say "I'm right....because I'm right".

Yeah....you mentioned those folks that said that Logan could coach at the next level. I'd bet good money that there were people in similar positions in Ohio and Texas that said the same things about Faust and Dodge.

Didn't miss a thing, just like throwing it back at you again because if there's one person on this message board who thinks he's always right, it's you. Of course your opinion was wrong, and you know it, thanks for certifying it.

Your argument was two coaches who were lousy at the college level, doesn't mean Logan would have been, but you seem to believe he would have, fair enough. Faust nor Dodge had the skill set that Logan has, no matter how hard you try to think otherwise.

And of course people thought that Faust and Dodge could coach at the next level, they gave them the jobs, but neither were a good fit for that level, Logan would have been. Deal with it.

Didn't miss a thing, just like throwing it back at you again because if there's one person on this message board who thinks he's always right, it's you. Of course your opinion was wrong, and you know it, thanks for certifying it.

Your argument was two coaches who were lousy at the college level, doesn't mean Logan would have been, but you seem to believe he would have, fair enough. Faust nor Dodge had the skill set that Logan has, no matter how hard you try to think otherwise.

And of course people thought that Faust and Dodge could coach at the next level, they gave them the jobs, but neither were a good fit for that level, Logan would have been. Deal with it.
"Didn't miss a thing, just like throwing it back at you again because if there's one person on this message board who thinks he's always right, it's you."

Everyone on here thinks they're right....including you. This entire discussion is proof of that. Sure, I might be wrong....but, based on previous attempts by other coaches with better HS credentials, I'd bet good money that I'm not. Again, your whole argument is "I'm right...because I'm just right, so deal with it."

"Faust nor Dodge had the skill set that Logan has, no matter how hard you try to think otherwise."

And you say this because......? Your proof is......?

"And of course people thought that Faust and Dodge could coach at the next level, they gave them the jobs, but neither were a good fit for that level, Logan would have been."

Again....your proof that Logan would be a better fit to go from HS to FBS football over Faust and Dodge is........?

"Deal with it."

Bottom line...just provide some kind of proof or evidence that what your saying is true and that you're right about what I asked, and I might be convinced. Sorry, but "I'm right, so deal with it" just doesn't get the job done.

"Didn't miss a thing, just like throwing it back at you again because if there's one person on this message board who thinks he's always right, it's you."

Everyone on here thinks they're right....including you. This entire discussion is proof of that. Sure, I might be wrong....but, based on previous attempts by other coaches with better HS credentials, I'd bet good money that I'm not. Again, your whole argument is "I'm right...because I'm just right, so deal with it."

"Faust nor Dodge had the skill set that Logan has, no matter how hard you try to think otherwise."

And you say this because......? Your proof is......?

"And of course people thought that Faust and Dodge could coach at the next level, they gave them the jobs, but neither were a good fit for that level, Logan would have been."

Again....your proof that Logan would be a better fit to go from HS to FBS football over Faust and Dodge is........?

"Deal with it."

Bottom line...just provide some kind of proof or evidence that what your saying is true and that you're right about what I asked, and I might be convinced. Sorry, but "I'm right, so deal with it" just doesn't get the job done.

Dave Logan is the proof, I can't help it if you can't figure it out. Had he been given the job at CU, he would have been much more successful than your two named coaches. Your opinion is he wouldn't, mine is that he would.

It doesn't matter whether you might be convinced, that's not going to happen anyway. I know enough about Logan, Faust and Dodge to conclude that Logan would surpass them quite handily had he been given the CU job. Again, deal with it.

Doesn't matter if you're convinced, you're always right, that's the World of Mr. Reality.

Last edited:
Dave Logan is the proof, I can't help it if you can't figure it out. Had he been given the job at CU, he would have been much more successful than your two named coaches. Your opinion is he wouldn't, mine is that he would.

It doesn't matter whether you might be convinced, that's not going to happen anyway. I know enough about Logan, Faust and Dodge to conclude that Logan would surpass them quite handily had he been given the CU job. Again, deal with it.

Doesn't matter if you're convin
So, now we're to the "he just is" and "I just know" arguments. OK.

I hope you're not a lawyer.

The problem with Dave Logan is that he hasn’t been given the chance. His credentials in HS seem pretty amazing, seeing as he won the championship with different teams in different states. But until he gets a shot in FBS, we won’t know if he can do what Faust and Dodge did.

There is potential that he could. If I had to hire someone from the high school ranks, he would be a good one, it seems...

Reactions: Bugeater
So, now we're to the "he just is" and "I just know" arguments. OK.

I hope you're not a lawyer.
The problem with your argument is you give two examples of failure but you're so sure that Logan would follow suit, as if those examples are authoritative proof that Logan would fail had he coached at cu.

You know nothing about Dave other than the stuff you looked up about him on the internet, but you're trying like hell to convince yourself that he would be just like Faust and Dodge, pretty shallow and short sighted thinking going on in your head, no surprise there.

We see it differently and always will.

The problem with Dave Logan is that he hasn’t been given the chance. His credentials in HS seem pretty amazing, seeing as he won the championship with different teams in different states. But until he gets a shot in FBS, we won’t know if he can do what Faust and Dodge did.

There is potential that he could. If I had to hire someone from the high school ranks, he would be a good one, it seems...

Dave Logan is now 66. It would be interesting to see if his success would translate to the college level. However, at this stage of his career, you have to wonder if he has any interest in college ball, or if any schools would be interested in taking that leap with him.

That wasn’t the only one.

Oh sure...but that was the major implosion by our team that couldn't be looked past. Whatever happened, whether it be the on-field coaching, or player preparation leading up to the game, that was a MAJOR failure by the coaching staff, and a complete embarrassment for them.

Dave Logan is now 66. I would like to seen if his success would translate to the college level. However, at this stage of his career, you have to wonder if he has any interest in college ball, or if any schools would be interested in taking that leap with him.
Dave isn't looking to get into college coaching at this stage in his life, but 15 or so years ago he may have taken a chance, but he wasn't seriously looking back then with raising his daughter, coaching high school, doing Bronco broadcast, he's had a helluva run here in Denver with a lot of success. But, as I've stated before, and in talking with Dave about Colorado, I believe had he been offered the cu job he would have been successful there had he taken them up on it.

Logan is a good HS coach. No one disputes that. Having grown up in the Denver area, I also know that 3 of the 4 schools at which he has won titles were places that were on fairly solid footing historically (his current school, Cherry Creek, had won 8 titles before Logan got there, and has an enrollment of about 3,700....pretty big advantage on both accounts).

Any good HS coach with understanding of reality knows that one key to winning like he has is being at a school where it is possible.

I use Faust and Dodge because they are the two that made that move, and had more impressive resumes. To me, winning state and national championships coaching HS FB in Ohio and Texas is more impressive than winning state titles in Colorado.

You're right...none of us know for sure how Logan would do at CU or anywhere else. I just don't buy the argument of "he just would.....deal with it", as someone else was saying.

The problem with your argument is you give two examples of failure but you're so sure that Logan would follow suit, as if those examples are authoritative proof that Logan would fail had he coached at cu.

You know nothing about Dave other than the stuff you looked up about him on the internet, but you're trying like hell to convince yourself that he would be just like Faust and Dodge, pretty shallow and short sighted thinking going on in your head, no surprise there.

We see it differently and always will.
I didn't say it as authoritative proof any more than you did. As a matter of fact, which one of us is saying things like "deal with it"? Which one of us is saying things like "Logan has a better skill set than those guys", without offering one shred of proof to back that up? Not me.

All I said was that Faust and Dodge had better resumes as HS coaches in states with better HS FB, and that if I was going to bet money, I'd bet on Logan not working out. Hardly authoritative.

Maybe Logan could have succeeded at CU. Maybe he'd have been worse than Chuck Fairbanks or Jon Embree. I don't know.....and neither do you.

As far as not knowing anything about him....no, I don't know him personally. However, I grew up in Jefferson County, CO and played my HS ball there. I am very well-versed on the kinds of programs A-West, Chatfield, Mullen, and Cherry Creek are and had been before Logan's arrival at those schools. None of them were perennial doormats before his arrival. A-West was our league champion my senior year (1990), and a playoff team. Logan's title there was in 1997 (or so). They might have been down a little, but not exactly for very long (the previous coach, Brian McGregor, is in the CHSCA Hall of Fame for his time and sustained success at A-West; must have done something right to get that honor).

Look...you might be driven nuts by my long posts. Sorry if that's the case, but I at least offer rationale and some proof. You seem to just want to say your thing, and for people to accept it. That's not how I operate.

I didn't say it as authoritative proof any more than you did. As a matter of fact, which one of us is saying things like "deal with it"? Which one of us is saying things like "Logan has a better skill set than those guys", without offering one shred of proof to back that up? Not me.

All I said was that Faust and Dodge had better resumes as HS coaches in states with better HS FB, and that if I was going to bet money, I'd bet on Logan not working out. Hardly authoritative.

Maybe Logan could have succeeded at CU. Maybe he'd have been worse than Chuck Fairbanks or Jon Embree. I don't know.....and neither do you.

As far as not knowing anything about him....no, I don't know him personally. However, I grew up in Jefferson County, CO and played my HS ball there. I am very well-versed on the kinds of programs A-West, Chatfield, Mullen, and Cherry Creek are and had been before Logan's arrival at those schools. None of them were perennial doormats before his arrival. A-West was our league champion my senior year (1990), and a playoff team. Logan's title there was in 1997 (or so). They might have been down a little, but not exactly for very long (the previous coach, Brian McGregor, is in the CHSCA Hall of Fame for his time and sustained success at A-West; must have done something right to get that honor).

Look...you might be driven nuts by my long posts. Sorry if that's the case, but I at least offer rationale and some proof. You seem to just want to say your thing, and for people to accept it. That's not how I operate.

1 **That's because Logan is better, if you don't think so, that's your problem, and I'll stick with that whether you like it or not.**

2 **I believe Dave would be more successful than Fairbanks or Embree (pretty hard not to be).**

3 **The fact that none of those schools fell off under Logan says a lot about him, it could have easily went the other way, but he's far too good of a coach for that to have happened, the proof is in the pudding. And Chatfield was not even close to being great until Logan arrived, and not worth much since his departure**

4 **Your long posts are amusing, but hardly drive me nuts. My rationale is quite sound, the fact that you don't believe he could get it done at cu is on you. And your last two sentences are the clincher, YOU always say your thing and YOU always want people to accept what you say as fact, that's exactly how you operate, you wouldn't keep carping on so many posts if you were any different. The mirror shows you to be nothing more than a hypocrite in that regard.**

Last edited:
1 **That's because Logan is better, if you don't think so, that's your problem, and I'll stick with that whether you like it or not.**

2 **I believe Dave would be more successful than Fairbanks or Embree (pretty hard not to be).**

3 **The fact that none of those schools fell off under Logan says a lot about him, it could have easily went the other way, but he's far too good of a coach for that to have happened, the proof is in the pudding. And Chatfield was not even close to being great until Logan arrived, and not worth much since his departure**

4 **Your long posts are amusing, but hardly drive me nuts. My rationale is quite sound, the fact that you don't believe he could get it done at cu is on you. And your last two sentences are the clincher, YOU always say your thing and YOU always want people to accept what you say as fact, that's exactly how you operate, you wouldn't keep carping on so many posts if you were any different. The mirror shows you to be nothing more than a hypocrite in that regard.**
Says the guy that keeps carping on mine......

And again....at least I present info to back up my opinion. You do not.

Says the guy that keeps carping on mine......

And again....at least I present info to back up my opinion. You do not.
And again, your information was two coaches that failed, that's hardly an indicator that Logan would have. And carp on you I will, if you can't handle it, go cry to your family or use the ignore feature, it can be your friend, no one on this message board is.

Reactions: bigboxes
Looks like it's official. Tucker to MSU. Gives Boulder the deuces and bounces to East Lansing. No loyalty to the guys in his CU locker room, especially right after signing day, but 'tis the business.

All this after Tucker was "laser focused" on building Colorado 8 hours ago. Have to say, he has a pretty solid resume. If he can make something of Michigan State in the Big 10 East, I'm sure he'll hop to the next job.

Man, this conference just keeps reloading.

Reactions: WHCSC
Interested to see who they can find to replace him. Troy Walters wants that job. Eric Bieniemy would be interesting

Actually, he turned down the interview for the job as stated by the free press, AP, Mel himself, and every other outlet. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story though bro. Yes, their high ranking boosters, administration, and regents were very interested. It just wasn't reciprocated. You should be happy it wasn't since you have to play MSU most years.
Wonder what MSU did to change his mind?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT