ADVERTISEMENT

McCarthy on Michigan scandal

This is remarkable. “We” had to adjust? He is admitting that the coaches knew and purposefully did cheat, by and thru CS. Hasn’t JH always denied knowing or having any involvement? His comments blow that out of the water and show that JH lied (again). The extreme arrogance, or extreme dipshittery, of him to run his mouth in this is frightening. Whichever it is, neither is good. “Legally” steal signs? What is that? Why does it feel like he’s running his mouth because he’s been informed that the FBI and NCAA are going to walk away and do nothing. Sick

I'm more convinced than ever that this whole thing was an ohio st led witch hunt

B1G bent the knee and ohio st still lost. buckeyes will never recover

not sure anyone really cares since there was absolutely zero evidence of actual cheating produced

I sure as hell don't and I actually like Harbaugh more because of it. literally stood at the dais and made jokes right in everyone's face the whole time he was suspended

I'm more convinced than ever that this whole thing was an ohio st led witch hunt

B1G bent the knee and ohio st still lost. buckeyes will never recover

not sure anyone really cares since there was absolutely zero evidence of actual cheating produced

I sure as hell don't and I actually like Harbaugh more because of it. literally stood at the dais and made jokes right in everyone's face the whole time he was suspended
Not at all predictable. I guess the spelling of the last name is close to “Haarberg,” so makes sense.

Not at all predictable. I guess the spelling of the last name is close to “Haarberg,” so makes sense.
Harbaugh tells the NCAA to f*ck themselves so they come after him

Harbaugh beats ohiost's ass so they come after him

B1G hires a wobbly legged spineless baseball media exec to run the show, so he takes a back seat

what proof have you seen to convince you he's guilty of anything?

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
I’ve never understood the big deal here. They never snuck into a practice. They bought tickets to a game in the public and scouted out the play calls. None of this has been any different than watching film to me. If that’s how you’re gonna call your plays, that’s your problem. That’s wide-open for cameras to see in front of everybody. You have a problem with it, go back to the huddle.

If they wanna expose something, let’s take a real hard look at the back door deals between ESPN and the SEC… But nobody’s willing to do that.

used to care.

then they beat Penn St, then Ohio St, then won the B1G CCG, then advanced to the national championship. Michigan is just a great team that plays big and strong in the trenches, they earned their way this year.

that said, it'd still be hilarious if they get this year vacated.

B1G hires a wobbly legged spineless baseball media exec to run the show, so he takes a back seat

So now you're a guy who requires facts and proof to back up statements? Interesting.

So now you're a guy who requires facts and proof to back up statements? Interesting.
deductive reasoning, my guy.

I haven't seen anything to suggest michigan cheated. the simplest explanation is they're better than everyone on the field and Harbaugh is extremely disliked off it.

just like Rhule promising the starting job to Sims and DR in order to get them to NU (not a criticism).

occam's razor. the simplest explanation is usually the truth.

takes quite a bit of mental gymnastics to suggest otherwise in both cases.

I respect your grudge holding. that is a trait found in many highly successful people.

He’s setting up his favorable Harbaugh narrative in his mind because JH might be coaching the Chicago Bears soon, the team he was drafted by and played 14 years for at QB. Obviously that doesn’t change the objective fact that, he’s a huge douche bag.

Willful ignorance, or just ignorance, which did you deploy here? The google machine is your friend.

Willful ignorance, or just ignorance, which did you deploy here? The google machine is your friend.
this sign stealing scandal pales in comparison to actual proven cheating like what we saw in Houston with the Astros.

fuzzy pictures of guys in sunglasses, venmo payments, etc etc etc

yawn

people don't like Harbaugh (I found his COVID season to be top-notch pussery), can't beat him on the field so they try and beat him off it

tale as old as time

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
He’s setting up his favorable Harbaugh narrative in his mind because JH might be coaching the Chicago Bears soon, the team he was drafted by and played 14 years for at QB. Obviously that doesn’t change the objective fact that, he’s a huge douche bag.
I would obviously love this but don't think it'll happen.

and being a "huge douche bag" isn't a crime or against any NCAA rules last I checked. [insert predictable witless attempts at Kong-aimed humor]

I would obviously love this but don't think it'll happen.

and being a "huge douche bag" isn't a crime or against any NCAA rules last I checked. [insert predictable witless attempts at Kong-aimed humor]
I didn’t say that was a crime but it is telling that you got defensive of JH by saying that. I guess you’re a fan of douche bags. Who knew? 🤷🏻‍♂️

this sign stealing scandal pales in comparison to actual proven cheating like what we saw in Houston with the Astros.

fuzzy pictures of guys in sunglasses, venmo payments, etc etc etc

yawn

people don't like Harbaugh (I found his COVID season to be top-notch pussery), can't beat him on the field so they try and beat him off it

tale as old as time
Weird, two minutes after you claim there is no evidence, you acknowledge that there is evidence. You then immediately pivot to the Astro’s to justify it? You are so very bad at this. I mean, you really really suck at this. It is so played out.

You are in total denial of the obvious

Reactions: BleedRed78
Weird, two minutes after you claim there is no evidence, you acknowledge that there is evidence. You then immediately pivot to the Astro’s to justify it? You are so very bad at this. I mean, you really really suck at this. It is so played out.
you honestly think a fuzzy picture of a guy in sunglasses on the CMU sideline is "evidence"?

giphy.gif

I didn’t say that was a crime but it is telling that you got defensive of JH by saying that. I guess you’re a fan of douche bags. Who knew? 🤷🏻‍♂️
called it

[insert predictable witless attempts at Kong-aimed humor]

way too easy

the lack of wit/vision on this board is painful

Lol. This is the kind of “no evidence” that our judicial system obsolved Hillary Clinton with. I know you know how that works. Their QB just admitted it. You think he’s lying?

Lol. This is the kind of “no evidence” that our judicial system obsolved Hillary Clinton with. I know you know how that works. Their QB just admitted it. You think he’s lying?
admitted what? here are his exact quotes:

"I also feel like it's so unfortunate because there's probably – I don't want to say a crazy number, but I'd say a good number, 80 percent of the teams in college football steal signs," McCarthy said. "It's just a thing about football. It's been around for years.

"We actually had to adapt because in 2020 or 2019 when Ohio State was stealing our signs, which is legal and they were doing it, we had to get up to the level that they were at, and we had to make it an even playing field."

McCarthy said Michigan works hard to improve its football IQ, watching film for tendencies of opposing linebackers and safeties' postures or where the corner lines up.

"Little stuff like that where it's like, you could say it's all sign stealing, but there's a lot more that goes into play, and a lot of stuff that gets masked, a lot of work that gets masked just because of the outside perception of what sign stealing is all about," McCarthy said.

by the way, I agree with everything Rhule has said about it. it's a sour grapes driven zero burger made possible by the archaic way the idiotic NCAA forces teams to communicate. he even joked about it in the end of year presser.

I’ve never understood the big deal here. They never snuck into a practice. They bought tickets to a game in the public and scouted out the play calls. None of this has been any different than watching film to me. If that’s how you’re gonna call your plays, that’s your problem. That’s wide-open for cameras to see in front of everybody. You have a problem with it, go back to the huddle.

If they wanna expose something, let’s take a real hard look at the back door deals between ESPN and the SEC… But nobody’s willing to do that.
It's a big deal for one reason -- the member schools passed a rule that says you can't do what Michigan did. Nobody at the NCAA office sits around thinking up this stuff. Rules are proposed and voted on by the membership.

Whole article including Mccarthy seems misleading. I would need to listen to it.

Mccarthy has a future in politics if he really compared watching film for indicators of how linebackers line up to sending an undercover scout to a random game to film the opposing teams signs.

Reactions: king_kong_
used to care.

then they beat Penn St, then Ohio St, then won the B1G CCG, then advanced to the national championship. Michigan is just a great team that plays big and strong in the trenches, they earned their way this year.

that said, it'd still be hilarious if they get this year vacated.
to me, the bigger issue is what they did the previous 2 seasons before any of this was out in the open. All of that work/cheating they did to get themselves a couple more wins or a win over tOSU, led to this season and its cumulative NC appearance. That's why it still bothers me.

Whole article including Mccarthy seems misleading. I would need to listen to it.

Mccarthy has a future in politics if he really compared watching film for indicators of how linebackers line up to sending an undercover scout to a random game to film the opposing teams signs.
the USA Today printing a misleading article and people sprinting to gobble it down hook/line/sinker?

well, I never!

you honestly think a fuzzy picture of a guy in sunglasses on the CMU sideline is "evidence"?

giphy.gif
You’re the one that brought it up dumbass. There isn’t anything fuzzy about it, unless you are desperate for an argument to try to dispute the fact. And even if you can’t seem to focus clearly enough to make out the image, it looks a shit ton like CS, but the sunglasses he has on during the night game does mask a portion of his face. Anyone, including those from Central Michigan, ever been able to figure out who that was? Shouldn’t be all that difficult to dispel the fact that is was CS. Crickets?

• Haha
This all goes away with technology if CFB chooses to make it happen.... BTW, Was I the only one who found it ironic (likely planned) that the school for the deaf had a commercial during the game for a helmet with a screen in it to help with calling plays for the disabled? I believe that was 100% predictive programming

You’re the one that brought it up dumbass. There isn’t anything fuzzy about it, unless you are desperate for an argument to try to dispute the fact. And even if you can’t seem to focus clearly enough to make out the image, it looks a shit ton like CS, but the sunglasses he has on during the night game does mask a portion of his face. Anyone, including those from Central Michigan, ever been able to figure out who that was? Shouldn’t be all that difficult to dispel the fact that is was CS. Crickets?
nothing fuzzy about this:
F9vJhFMWIAAbfnV

CMU Coach Jim McElwain:
"I do know that his name was on none of the passes that were let out."

source

ConnorStalions.jpg

@Lincoln100 here's the Michigan team photo, taken 6 days prior to the CMU-Sparty game

F4pa3yvXMAAeV6A

Stalions is bald as a baby's bottom in it, but apparently has grown a full head of hair under his hat on the CMU sideline not a week later

F9v6pYBXsAAPSJu

deductive reasoning, my guy.

I haven't seen anything to suggest michigan cheated. the simplest explanation is they're better than everyone on the field and Harbaugh is extremely disliked off it.
So you think the BIG suspends coaches with no evidence? Michigan fired a guy and acts like he's some guy they just let hang around for fun.

Michigan cheated.

So you think the BIG suspends coaches with no evidence?
B1G has done much worse with no evidence.

frankly, its also done much less despite a mountain of evidence.

what the B1G does has no bearing. its barometer blows with the wind and it constantly makes wildly incorrect rulings in hindsight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT