ADVERTISEMENT

Martinez Starting QB

tenor.gif

Reactions: Sinomatic
What's stopping you? The fact that you're just a keyboard tough guy?
you don't read much do you? some other loser challenged me to it, and I said I would.. I have no qualms about it, but I wasn't the one who brought it up. it's not like I was out looking to go do that.. it was some other person's idea. so learn how to read and comprehend before you say dumb stuff.

you don't read much do you? some other loser challenged me to it, and I said I would.. I have no qualms about it, but I wasn't the one who brought it up. it's not like I was out looking to go do that.. it was some other person's idea. so learn how to read and comprehend before you say dumb stuff.
So then, if you "would say it to any coach's face," why not do it?

Is it because you're a chickenshit blowhard who only mouths off on the internet?

Reactions: dew4red
are you stupid or something?

what do you think Frost or any of those coaches would do?

Nothing

If they did, there would be a massive lawsuit.

You really are dumb, just like the other idiot in this thread that wants to coddle and defend poor Martinez.
So you "would say it to any coach's face," but you choose not to because they might kick your ass and then you would be forced to sue them?

I'll stick with the theory that you're a chickenshit blowhard who only picks fights from behind a keyboard.

are you stupid or something?

what do you think Frost or any of those coaches would do?

Nothing

If they did, there would be a massive lawsuit.

You really are dumb, just like the other idiot in this thread that wants to coddle and defend poor Martinez.
So go say something to one of them. You'd get b*tch slapped and go crying to a lawyer?? Punk you are the bum

Reactions: timnsun
give what? what has he given? nothing.. he didn't earn his spot, it was promised to him to sign with Nebraska. He doesn't look like he lifts any weights. You see his arms? Does it look like he gives anything out there on the field? nope.. he does not care. he's a bum if you ask me.
I bet you’re a fatass piece of shit if I was to take a guess. You can’t tell me the kid doesn’t want to get better

Reactions: timnsun
The only thing that matters is RESULTS, not potential. Martinez generates one negative play for each positive. The sack he took in OT against Colorado single-handedly lost that game. Having a steady QB who runs the offense, allows the playmakers to make plays, and doesn't hurt the team would be a major improvement at this point.

With all of the people defending Martinez no matter how many times he hurts the team, I ask this: what could be hurt by giving Vedral a chance? Let him start the Minnesota game, and if he's no better than Martinez, then we know for sure. I'm fairly confident he will be better at this point, just because of the lack of negative plays.

Maybe. Or you might see Vedral and McCaffrey next week. Injury looked like it might be more than a one week thing.

I was told he had more talent than Frazier and fans are that shit up. Well, Frazier came back from blood clots. We will see.

I was told he had more talent than Frazier and fans are that shit up. Well, Frazier came back from blood clots. We will see.
Well Frazier missed most of a season with those blood clots, but I don’t think talent was the deciding factor in how quickly he came back. Personally I’ll take Frazier over Martinez any day of the week, but it doesn’t depend on how much time either missed with an injury. Why on Earth would that have anything to do with which one was a better QB?

Maybe. Or you might see Vedral and McCaffrey next week. Injury looked like it might be more than a one week thing.
Could be a “blessing in disguise”. I know it’s hard to say that when there is an injury involved, but we may be forced to see how effective our offense is with somebody other than Martinez. We shall see....

The only gripe I have is that he doesn't take the ball in both hands and plow through a DB. He's what? 200+ lbs and has good speed. He should be able to turtle the ball and lay out some punishment.
He is a 19 year old who has been told he has an NFL future and might be a heisman candidate. Don't forget that he missed his senior year of HS and the coaches limited his running opportunities to protect his health the last half of last year. He is not comfortable running in traffic, and he runs like he is afraid to get hurt. Vedral doesn't have the arm talent but is certainly more physical and plays with a lot less fear. AM is a much better talent but is having the characteristic sophomore slump because he realizes he has so much to lose. Last year he could play loose because nobody expected anything and he didn't have a backup.

Reactions: bigredhunter
whatever dude.. at no point in time have I ever seen Martinez want it. He's never wanted it. He is an afraid scaredy cat. Get it through your dumb skull already.
AM looked a lot better when he had a 1000 yard back, a decent offensive line, two all-conference Wrs to throw the ball to...his best option is a true freshman who has been catch his passes for a few months, the next guy he looks to is double covered, his 3rd option is a transfer who was injured during fall camp, and then run...

I think it’s obvious, Martinez has been playing hurt all year. Groin? Something has been holding him back all year.

[QUOTE="redfanusa, post: 5484141, member: 11504"
I'm fairly confident he will be better at this point, just because of the lack of negative plays.[/QUOTE]

Small sample size here at Nebraska and at UCF, I hope that you’re right. From what I have seen from his play at UCF and even today, Vedral has the propensity to drop way behind the pocket and take negative plays especially against a good defense
Today he had a pass thrown behind the LOS
From coaching accounts he has improved his arm, I’ve always liked his run game, we’ll see perhaps if his pass game skills have improved

I know Martinez if healthy will be the starter. it seems like Frost refuses to bench people for poor play but Vedral seemed faster and more decisive than Martinez. Martinez looks lost out there and just checking every pass down refusing to throw farther than 5 yards.
Yes. That is quite apparent. Seems like media and fan hype has gotten to his head a little bit. Mentally he is not there, and hasn't been since S. Alabama. Next man up. He should not be owed anything.

I think it’s obvious, Martinez has been playing hurt all year. Groin? Something has been holding him back all year.
I think it's simply the YIPs. He has had so much placed on him. He had so much pre-season hype. I think it all got to him and he crumbled.

I DO believe he goes out there and tries hard, but I think he tries TOO hard. He forces passes. He tries to take the team upon his shoulders, but fails... everybody is aware of AM. I'm certain every team has a "spy" on AM.

He's in a no-win situation, where he can't use his legs and his center makes him run for his life.

I think it's simply the YIPs. He has had so much placed on him. He had so much pre-season hype. I think it all got to him and he crumbled.

I DO believe he goes out there and tries hard, but I think he tries TOO hard. He forces passes. He tries to take the team upon his shoulders, but fails... everybody is aware of AM. I'm certain every team has a "spy" on AM.

He's in a no-win situation, where he can't use his legs and his center makes him run for his life.

So basically, you think he’s stuck in a “fishbowl” mentality? I did at the beginning of the season as well, but his play shows me different.

I don’t remember seeing a QB at any level regress like this. The kid HAS the talent—but not playing smart or confident lately. What gives? I know he has it in him....er, well I think he does.
I know, if you listen to the kid talk, he sounds great, confident, team guy, then he gets on the field and boom, confidence is gone. I really think a lot of the blame has to go to the O-line and specifically Jurgens. If you're going to bench somebody that is where I'd start. Martinez is not a bum and to say so is just booze talking. The kid cares but maybe there has been a lingering injury issue and if he sits next week, watches Vedral, heels up, maybe he turns it around.

I think you are right but something is certainly missing his passes are off. He can't throw a quick screen accurately and he did this most of the time last year. I do not know what it is but I think he is a good kid. I also hope he is not seriously injured but sitting for a few games and resetting himself may be what he needs right now

My kids who are UNL students heard some students talking at a restaurant this morning that Martinez is out for next week. For what that’s worth. Allegedly some players were talking about it.

Last edited:
The guy is on the struggle bus man! He is afraid of his shadow right now or has the YIPs. Needs to sit. Guy is just not cutting it. He doesn’t look good at all.
I agree. He actually looked afraid of tucking it in and running when there were open lanes in front of him. By the time he decided to run, the defense closed in on him. And man, is he missing his safety valves. They are wide open and he don't see them.

The only thing that matters is RESULTS, not potential. Martinez generates one negative play for each positive. The sack he took in OT against Colorado single-handedly lost that game. Having a steady QB who runs the offense, allows the playmakers to make plays, and doesn't hurt the team would be a major improvement at this point.

With all of the people defending Martinez no matter how many times he hurts the team, I ask this: what could be hurt by giving Vedral a chance? Let him start the Minnesota game, and if he's no better than Martinez, then we know for sure. I'm fairly confident he will be better at this point, just because of the lack of negative plays.

Another mental midget...nobody loses a game by themself...it's a team game with many plays in the game...if the team and coaches had executed earlier, the game never would have gone to OT...to blame the loss on Martinez is simple minded and idiotic...

Last edited:
it's the truth, but no one wants to see it. just coddle him like everyone else has, and enjoy the next two years of suckage.

Is it his fault that the play calling had about 10 quick passes outside and they didn't work, a whole bunch of which were completed. It seems like Vedral had one or two called for him and they didn't work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT