ADVERTISEMENT

Mario

on another message board (not this site) the word was, that the 'offensive leaders' didn't want to play, and some on the defensive side called them out.. might have been some yelling and such.. this is second hand, just fyi

There is also some friction now between some ex-players and Coach Frost.
Yea! Unsubstantiated message board rumors!

Reactions: dinglefritz
The best they could hope for is Helfrich coming in to coach QBs and call plays. He is a proven QB whisperer, offensive guru, Oregon Chip Kelly guy, and I believe is currently out of football.

The best they could hope for is Helfrich coming in to coach QBs and call plays. He is a proven QB whisperer, offensive guru, Oregon Chip Kelly guy, and I believe is currently out of football.
I'm sure that wouldn't raise any eyebrows.

Last edited:
I may get killed for saying this, but I’d love if they brought Shawn Watson over from Northern Iowa to coach QBs.
Shawn Watson needs to be a head coach IMO. He's had some really bad luck with the head coaches he's gone to work for. He was made the scape goat at Texas when he wasn't the root problem. There was a very good reason Tom wanted Bo to retain him when he fired Callahan. Watson can coach. Very organized guy and a good recruiter. Good QB coach. That said, I don't think he's a fit for Frost's staff. IMO a guy who would have fit and is a balls to the walls recruiter especially in Texas. is Tim Beck. IMO, KU should hire Beck back whenever they move on from Les.

Reactions: tpmcg
Best case scenario is they add a full time special teams coach and strong recruiter. Lubick and Frost can handle QBs. Even better scenario is Frost hands over play calling duties to Lubick but that is not going to likely happen.
Are you sure that Lubick isn't the one who called plays for the Minnesota game? Those 3 pass plays in a row for Luke when he came in the game when AMart got dinged up were brilliant.

I can tell you Lubick is not comfortable here. All you have to do is look at his body language during his one press conference this year. It would not surprise me if he was looking for another landing place.

Reactions: WHCSC
I can tell you Lubick is not comfortable here. All you have to do is look at his body language during his one press conference this year. It would not surprise me if he was looking for another landing place.
He definitely has that "what the F did I get myself into" look Laughing

Reactions: NikkiSixx
on another message board (not this site) the word was, that the 'offensive leaders' didn't want to play, and some on the defensive side called them out.. might have been some yelling and such.. this is second hand, just fyi

There is also some friction now between some ex-players and Coach Frost.

I guess why do we care if there is friction between Frost and ex-players??? We were good for a lot of years, but the times have changed in a number of ways. Some of these ex-players are just looking for attention in the age of social media.

I guess why do we care if there is friction between Frost and ex-players??? We were good for a lot of years, but the times have changed in a number of ways. Some of these ex-players are just looking for attention in the age of social media.
Good point. Frazier is one who comes to mind.

Reactions: leodisflowers
The whole defense was a wreck this year. He coached them for 3 years and won the Natty last year. He lost a lot in the secondary, most notably Delpit. Busch was also the lead recruiter in getting Joe Burrow to LSU. So there you go,the guy is proven.
Even last year, I wasn't real impressed with LSU's secondary. He still had plenty of talent to work with this year, but their secondary was dogshit. No thanks.

Lol, Lubick is looking around? At who? Diane? Frost "saved" him from working at a credit union, teams clearly weren't beating down his door.
Doesnt his family own said credit union???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT