ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus W- 2024 WR's?

So, WR's next year? Malachi, Bullock, Doss, Lloyd, Bell. Does IGC return to compete with a bunch of talented freshmen coming in?

IGC is on a walk-on deal, so it doesn’t hurt anything to bring him back, but I don’t think we can count on him for any production.

I love the potential of our young WR’s. But I think we really need to get a WR1 out of the portal.

IGC is on a walk-on deal, so it doesn’t hurt anything to bring him back, but I don’t think we can count on him for any production.

I love the potential of our young WR’s. But I think we really need to get a WR1 out of the portal.
Who will burn the shirt and play in 24? Jacory Barney and Hall. Keelan Smith, Clark and maybe McMorris?

Last edited:
Who will burn the shirt and play in 24? Jacory Barney, Hall and Keelan Smith? Maybe McMorris?

It will be interesting to watch. A lot of people seem to think Barney can play right away and I really like Smith. Nelson is the wild card. Do they have a specialty hybrid type role carved out for him, or does he just RS, develop, and grow into a TE.

Hmm for some reason I thought he was planning to come back. He obviously won't get drafted and I doubt he makes a team but best of luck to him. Probably would have benefited him to come back next year but maybe he's ready to be done with football.
I thought he had exhausted his eligibility. He wanted to come back, but needed the ncaa to grant a waiver for a 7th year.

Washington is "headed to NFL"?

in what capacity?

good luck to him and all those meaningless "I want anonymous strangers to think I'm a good person" platitudes.

but we need consistency at WR. consistently line up correctly, consistent separation, consistent hands, consistent blocking on the perimeter.

in other words, we need less Marcus Washingtons.

taking reps away from young guys and giving them to washed up never had it in the first place guys like IGC does hurt.

process these bums & let's see what we have coming in + get more.

Hmm for some reason I thought he was planning to come back. He obviously won't get drafted and I doubt he makes a team but best of luck to him. Probably would have benefited him to come back next year but maybe he's ready to be done with football.
He had exhausted all eligibility.

Rhule commented that they were looking into a waiver because he had expressed interest in coming back, but it was going to be a long shot to get it.

I wish Washington well. But this is a head scratcher. The NFL? And after a bad knee injury? He was a good and solid receiver but he never really flashed any NFL level of talent. Not yet anyway. And that is the point. He really needs to stay one more year in the college ranks in order for his NFL stock to rise it seems to me. But hey, it is his life and what in the hell do I know? Still ... this is an odd decision IMHO

I wish Washington well. But this is a head scratcher. The NFL? And after a bad knee injury? He was a good and solid receiver but he never really flashed any NFL level of talent. Not yet anyway. And that is the point. He really needs to stay one more year in the college ranks in order for his NFL stock to rise it seems to me. But hey, it is his life and what in the hell do I know? Still ... this is an odd decision IMHO

He’s out of eligibility.

It will be interesting to watch. A lot of people seem to think Barney can play right away and I really like Smith. Nelson is the wild card. Do they have a specialty hybrid type role carved out for him, or does he just RS, develop, and grow into a TE.
I’m interested to see what kind of a leap Doss, Lloyd, and Coleman can make in year 2 in the system. The light should turn on in a big way for at least one of them given the opportunity they’ll all have plus the extra time to lift and develop. At least one will surprise in a good way.

IGC is a lot better than Bullock. That counts for something at least since we can't seem to land a decent transfer WR.

I wouldn't count on it.

Ronald Mcdonald Clown GIF

taking reps away from young guys and giving them to washed up never had it in the first place guys like IGC does hurt.

Explain how Washington would take reps from young guys? If he beats them out, he deserves the reps. Are you going to use the upper class guys as a reason to processes them out simply to get reps to young guys?

Washington is "headed to NFL"?

in what capacity?

good luck to him and all those meaningless "I want anonymous strangers to think I'm a good person" platitudes.

but we need consistency at WR. consistently line up correctly, consistent separation, consistent hands, consistent blocking on the perimeter.

in other words, we need less Marcus Washingtons.
He’s exhausted his eligibility. They said it was a long shot to get another year. So chill out dude

You really come across like someone who would throw a clipboard over bad call at a 5yr-7yr old flag football game.

Reactions: HuskersNC
Explain how Washington would take reps from young guys? If he beats them out, he deserves the reps. Are you going to use the upper class guys as a reason to processes them out simply to get reps to young guys?
they've peaked

they're not very good

young guys can and should - in theory - improve with the same reps these 6+ year players squandered

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
Ahh... then he did not even try for the medical hardship exemption? Rhule said it was a longshot. I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder...
They seem pretty high on a couple of the young guys besides Lloyd and Coleman. Washington wasn’t consistent at times catching the ball and isn’t a burner. I’m not sure they’re concerned about losing him for next fall.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
they've peaked

they're not very good

young guys can and should - in theory - improve with the same reps these 6+ year players squandered
So, "in theory" we should never play a senior.

Whatever happened to the best player according to the coaches plays? Oh, right, the coaches are idiots, always calling the wrong plays and playing the wrong kids.

So, "in theory" we should never play a senior.

Whatever happened to the best player according to the coaches plays? Oh, right, the coaches are idiots, always calling the wrong plays and playing the wrong kids.
I am not speaking in theory, I am speaking specifically about Washington and IGC

players who stunk & need to get out of our locker room if we want to get better

4th-5th year seniors are the lifeblood of college football. 6th-7th year seniors are - by and large - the barnacles of college football, and they need scraping.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT