ADVERTISEMENT

Man Michigan looks like hot garbage.

So far they look completely unprepared...if I’m a Michigan man, I am very, very unhappy with Coach. I’m paying a lot of cash for some nice PR but little in terms of results.

Reactions: saluno22
The shine is off the apple. Harbaugh will tuck his tail between his legs and head back to the NFL after this year.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Reminds me of Pelini, wins a lot games but none that matter. No real controversy like Pelini had though, and his circus isn't headed up by a face contorting jack in the box temper.

They should keep him.

Wasn’t Meatchicken’s defense supposed to be the best in the nation?

Irish d line controlled the game. Michigan appears to have limited playmakers on offense once again. Defense decent but ND had their way with them in the first half.

I remember the days when many of us looked towards Harbaugh and McElwain with longing eyes. Funny how things turn out.

Expectations were/are crazy high for Harbaugh - understandably. Having said that, he has averaged more than 9 wins per season - has played in a major bowl and finished in the top 10 in his first three years. Many are labeling him a bust. Is our staff going to outperform these results in the first 3 years? And if not, is the narrative going to be the same for Frost as Harbaugh?

Last edited:
I’m no Michigan fan, but Notre Dame will end up being a pretty darn good team this year. Someone has to lose.

Related, I’m not sure what the success rate is for these late QB transfers. I know Russell Wilson was a huge success, but I haven’t really seen much success in that spot. Maybe teams don’t attach to new guys as quickly, maybe they don’t know the system, I don’t know what it is but it doesn’t seem that transfers are as successful as fans hope.

Expectations were/are crazy high for Harbaugh - understandably. Having said that, he has averaged more than 9 wins per season - has played in a major bowl and finished in the top 10 in his first three years. Many are labeling him a bust. Is our staff going to outperform these results in the first 3 years? And if not, is the narrative going to be the same for Frost as Harbaugh?
So the Bo Pelini argument(tm). For some fans and programs, the QUALITY of your wins and losses is more important than how many times you have beat up inferior opponents. Getting beat in every major game you play is not going to warm peoples' hearts.

Reactions: RedMyMind
So the Bo Pelini argument(tm). For some fans and programs, the QUALITY of your wins and losses is more important than how many times you have beat up inferior opponents. Getting beat in every major game you play is not going to warm peoples' hearts.

they are 0-3 against OSU true - probably will be 0-4
We play OSU the next 3 years ... lets see how we fair

in 2015 - beat Florida 41-7 in citrus bowl
beat #13 NW 38-0
if their punter could catch they beat a top 5 MSU team

in 2016 beat Colorado who played for PAC championship 45-28
beat top 10 PSU who went to the rose bowl 49-10
lost in OT to OSU -
lost by 1 to top ten FSU in Orange Bowl

I'm not praising Harbaugh - but if you are hyper critical of Harbaugh for those results - that is a pretty high bar to set for our coach

Doesn’t Harbaugh have the benefit of top 10-15 recruiting classes that Frost doesn’t have?

If Frost loses 6 games this year (I don’t think he will, but many on here seem to think he will), then he can only lose 2 games total the next two years or he will not have the same record over 3 years that JH does.

I don’t think it is a valid comparison due to their respective starting points...

Doesn’t Harbaugh have the benefit of top 10-15 recruiting classes that Frost doesn’t have?

If Frost loses 6 games this year (I don’t think he will, but many on here seem to think he will), then he can only lose 2 games total the next two years or he will not have the same record over 3 years that JH does.

I don’t think it is a valid comparison due to their respective starting points...

I don't disagree ... however the program that Harbaugh took over and the program Frost took over have nearly identical records the 3 years prior to them landing the job

has the board decided whether recruiting rankings matter or not?

Harbaugh needs a game breaker at QB. When he gets that, they get even better. Hope it never happens, however. ;)

If our offense looks pedestrian like Michigan's, yeah, something is up. Two offensive gurus at Michigan scoring 7 points.

1z1v3ip.jpg
o8i3b9.png

This is probably how Mich fans are viewing him, these days. I was never good at shading or coloring in the lines.

Michigan's idea of a hurry up offense was what I would expect out of a MAC team forced into playing their freshman backup.

He will definitely be in hot water if this continues. When you are being paid Urban Meyer/Nick Saban level money but have Bo Pelini/Harbaugh kinds of results, you don't get forever.

He will definitely be in hot water if this continues. When you are being paid Urban Meyer/Nick Saban level money but have Bo Pelini/Harbaugh kinds of results, you don't get forever.

Many continue to use the 9-game mark as a sign of success. In this day and age, 9 wins is not exemplary. Today, we have conference championship games and longer seasons.

Many continue to use the 9-game mark as a sign of success. In this day and age, 9 wins is not exemplary. Today, we have conference championship games and longer seasons.
No one's saying 9 wins is some huge success. However if a coach is getting 9 wins every year, he's probably doing a decent job and doesn't deserve to be fired.

Reactions: bshirt73
No one's saying 9 wins is some huge success. However if a coach is getting 9 wins every year, he's probably doing a decent job and doesn't deserve to be fired.
being ranked in the top 25 is more important

And what did the previous guy do with those top 10-15 recruiting classes?

And what did the previous guy do with those top 10-15 recruiting classes?
And what does that have to do with comparing Harbaugh to Scott Frost? Is Scott Frost starting at the same level that Harbaugh did? Not even close… In terms of talent and schedule. I’m not sure what you’re getting at here…

And what does that have to do with comparing Harbaugh to Scott Frost? Is Scott Frost starting at the same level that Harbaugh did? Not even close… In terms of talent and schedule. I’m not sure what you’re getting at here…
I'm not exactly sure either but while Harbaugh did coach in the NFL, did he have good success there? For a couple years, yeah, then he slid off. Don't quote me when I say this, but it looks like Harbaugh may be slipping in Michigan like he did in San Fran. Frost did go to the NFL for six years but hasn't really played a ton, but went to northern Iowa, then to Oregon (kickass offense), UCF, then here. The difference? Frost had a longer line of success. Sure, it will take a while, but Frost will be kicking hard ass.

I'm not exactly sure either but while Harbaugh did coach in the NFL, did he have good success there? For a couple years, yeah, then he slid off. Don't quote me when I say this, but it looks like Harbaugh may be slipping in Michigan like he did in San Fran. Frost did go to the NFL for six years but hasn't really played a ton, but went to northern Iowa, then to Oregon (kickass offense), UCF, then here. The difference? Frost had a longer line of success. Sure, it will take a while, but Frost will be kicking hard ass.

Harbaugh coached 4 years in the NFL and had a winning % of 69% —and you ask did he have success there?? Please list the coaches with a higher winning percentage

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT