ADVERTISEMENT

Little ferentz issue??

Here is an article from last year, maybe you should read it, learn what is actually being discussed, and then we can all have a 'civil' discussion. Coming here with your alternative facts really takes away from the civility of any discussion between io_a and husker fans. Please notice all the times revive and restore are used, I am trying to make it easy for you to follow.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...e-tradition-producing-great-offensive-linemen
Like I said before I understand Nebraska wants to get back to the old days of having a physical OL. And if they want success in the Big Ten they should go that direction in my opinion. The debate to have is if Riley is the guy to instill that tradition? His program at Oregon State barely produced any NFL lineman and I've seen multiple times on here that OL is a worry. I don't see how just showing up at Nebraska is going to magically start producing dominant OL.

Reactions: The_Gent
Here is an article from last year, maybe you should read it, learn what is actually being discussed, and then we can all have a 'civil' discussion. Coming here with your alternative facts really takes away from the civility of any discussion between io_a and husker fans. Please notice all the times revive and restore are used, I am trying to make it easy for you to follow.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...e-tradition-producing-great-offensive-linemen
I don't think anyone with a brain will dispute the history that Nebraska had with the OLine. This article shows what Brian is saying. Iowa has a much better track record than the current Nebraska staff. Nebraska has had success getting guys drafted but not as well as Iowa in the OL position.

I don't think anyone with a brain will dispute the history that Nebraska had with the OLine. This article shows what Brian is saying. Iowa has a much better track record than the current Nebraska staff. Nebraska has had success getting guys drafted but not as well as Iowa in the OL position.

I suppose its up to the recruits to decide who is better qualified then. Iowa gets its fair share. We get ours.

Brian seems a tad upset at being a recruiting disadvantage overall and that his dad's NFL history isn't some sort of "insta-win" card with young folks.

I think Brian is a breathe of fresh air. He has the balls to say what his dad wants to say. He made comments about Minnesota and ISU throwing out a million offers to guys and how an offer from Iowa means something. I'm not quite sure on the point of talking about Nebraska though.

Word is that the Iowa SID asked the show to ask him about recruiting so it could have been a media ploy, which is working.

The Hawks have had good success with guys making NFL rosters on the OL through FA. That plays into it as well.

I don't know that you can point to the pst two years and compare how many guys Iowa has had drafted on the OL because they have been real young. The 2018 draft could see 3 or 4 OL get drafted. Depending on if James Daniels forgoes his senior year.

Why not? If Iowegians are going to point to a staff (NE) that has completely changed the previous offensive philosophy and are trying to make it work with kids they didn't recruit, I would say it's OK to go after a coaching staff that has been in place for 18 years (IA) that recruited those younger players they chose to bring into their program. How did Ferenrtz do his first two years at Iowa when he was using Hayden Fox's players?

The guy is just upset that he is getting owned by Minnesota and Nebraska in recruiting.

There are too many nicknames to keep up with it seems.
Hmmmm.... two nicknames to be exact. One for the defense and one for the offense. So two names is too much for you to follow??

In an earlier post you also used the phrase "I could care less". Proper usage is "I couldn't care less".

You are living confirmation of the low IQ of Iowans.

Why does he have no issue with Diaco using the term Blackshirt? He hasn't even coached in a real game, let alone put any dudes in the league from Nebraska.

To the average, knowledgeable football fan, The Pipeline is synonymous with Nebraska football like the term Blackshirts is.

Exactly. Wouldn't expect an Iowa fan to understand that.

Why not? If Iowegians are going to point to a staff (NE) that has completely changed the previous offensive philosophy and are trying to make it work with kids they didn't recruit, I would say it's OK to go after a coaching staff that has been in place for 18 years (IA) that recruited those younger players they chose to bring into their program. How did Ferenrtz do his first two years at Iowa when he was using Hayden Fox's players?

The guy is just upset that he is getting owned by Minnesota and Nebraska in recruiting.
I'm not following your first point I guess.

Minnesota isn't owning anyone at recruiting quite honestly. Nebraska is putting together a pretty good class. As Iowa found out though, it's a long way to February.

He only has a few more months to run his mouth. They dont even have a qb this year. Also their wide receivers suck. I doubt they go to a bowl game. Wyoming will expose them.

Could you plz clarify? What kind are we talking here? There are a lot of ways to go so I'm just hoping to know what to expect.

We talking like 62-3? Or merely 40-10? Will it look close on paper but we actually give up 55 points to a 2-10 team? If we ever are lucky enough to win the division, should we expect to give up 70 to a 7-5 team in the championship game? Or maybe we won't get there, but a consistent theme will develop such as giving up 40+ points 10 times in 5 seasons?

Just curious.
Have you ever watched your team win a national title?? Iowa will be getting beat like Florida did against Nebraska. Wyoming will whoop your asses this year.

Sadly...because of how far the Huskers have fallen thanks to Bo's lame recruiting...we are actually responding to this sad sad "trash talk" and the Ark St coach is making comments about how they feel like they can come in and beat NU.

Ugggg

This thread is proof that Iowa fans know that we are rebuilding into something far better than they can ever reach. For the last few years, they’ve popped their tiny little minds over to this website and have been able to point their dirty stubby fingers at our program. If it was Bo being a jerk, losing recruits, getting our ass handed to us in a game, and underwhelming talent on the field, you Hawkeyes were loving it.

But now what’s happening? We no longer have a psychopath as a coach. Recruiting is booming. And talent is improving basically everywhere on the field next year except for maybe O-line. So what do they do, hold on to the one big question mark this program still has, the O-line & coach Cav. But I’m sorry to tell Hawkeyes this, our O-line is going to improve this year no matter what. Because A) coach Cav either gets his unit together or B) the next coach will. This is do or die time for Coach Cav. So go ahead and question our O-line. It’s cool. You guy cannot be harder on its production then we are. Trust me, a lot of us husker fans are its biggest critics. But something will change for the better this year with it, I promise. I just hope it’s the play and not the coach. Either way, it will go in a better direction.

I'm for once trying to have a civil talk on the Nebraska board for once and then you pop in.

And I could care less about nicknames? I don't even know what blackshirt means

All you need to know is that the Blackshirts were an important part of winning 5 National Titles, and even though the current staff isn't responsible for any of those titles, the history and tradition that we've established will always be here. That is what will always keep us moving in the direction of conference championships and being at least in the hunt for the national title.

If Riley doesn't get closer to that point, he will be let go as well, and we will keep hiring and firing coaches until we get back to that point where we are playing for conference championships and BCS levels bowls on a regular basis.

Reactions: SOHusker11

Minnesota isn't owning anyone at recruiting quite honestly. Nebraska is putting together a pretty good class. As Iowa found out though, it's a long way to February.

It's an easy point to follow. Coaching philosophies change. Teaching philosophies change. And...all OLinemen don't work in a spread offense, just as all OLinemen don't work in pro sets.

Let this be your guide, young man. Nebraska at #9; Minnesota at #12; Iowa at------->#40. Sure, Minnesota has the same star average as Iowa, but they also already have most of the cattle in the barn too, which isn't a bad thing.

When our kicker is given the 3 or 4 stars that he'll be ranked, we'll be above a 3.5 star average again, so I'm fairly certain our class so far is much better than a "pretty good class."

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings

Last edited:
It's an easy point to follow. Coaching philosophies change. Teaching philosophies change. And...all OLinemen don't work in a spread offense, just as all OLinemen don't work in pro sets.
Right. Which is why I found it odd you brought it up. All Brian was saying is that the current staff at Iowa has a better track record than the staff at Nebraska for producing OL to the NFL. Do you refute that fact?

Let this be your guide, young man. Nebraska at #9; Minnesota at #12; Iowa at------->#40. Sure, Minnesota has the same star average as Iowa, but they also already have most of the cattle in the barn too, which isn't a bad thing.

When our kicker is given the 3 or 4 stars that he'll be ranked, we'll be above a 3.5 star average again, so I'm fairly certain our class so far is much better than a "pretty good class."

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings
Looking at team rankings this early is laughable. For Nebraska's sake, it will be laughable to look at their ranking at the end as well if they only take 17 players. I do hope you know how these rankings are done.

You do you really think that NW and Minnesota's classes are remotely close to Nebraska's right now? It's all because they have a large number of commits.

Right. Which is why I found it odd you brought it up. All Brian was saying is that the current staff at Iowa has a better track record than the staff at Nebraska for producing OL to the NFL. Do you refute that fact?
To be fair to Riley and staff, they have never had the resources and level of commitment by the university at any of his previous stops that he has at Nebraska. The kids that are committing to Nebraska would never sign at OSU. The players being drafted will increase dramatically I would assume.

To be fair to Riley and staff, they have never had the resources and level of commitment by the university at any of his previous stops that he has at Nebraska. The kids that are committing to Nebraska would never sign at OSU. The players being drafted will increase dramatically I would assume.
I wouldn't assume anything I guess. I remember looking back at Pelini's classes and seeing a lot of the highly recruited guys not doing squat at Nebraska. Same goes for Iowa. A lot of the four stars don't pan out. Whether it be an attitude thing, a ranking thing, etc. Who knows.

Without looking, I would assume Riley has had better classes at Nebraska than at Oregon State. Now he has to rely on his coaching staff to turn those kids to pro's. What's the track record there? I honestly don't know.

Exactly. I don't know if we'll have much luck convincing these Iowa folks that though. Riley and company have had the same number of OLine players drafted as Iowa has since coming to NE. The kids coming in are at a different talent level than those they had coming to OSU.

Brian should worry about Brian. If his product is that much better, what Minnesota, Iowa St and Nebraska are doing or saying on the recruiting trail shouldn't matter.

He looks like a whiny bitch when he complains about Minnesota and Iowa State offering tons of players early and he comes across as a petulant child when complains that Nebraska "undeservingly" calls themselves The Pipeline, because in his mind, his daddy's team deserves it more.

Looking at team rankings this early is laughable. For Nebraska's sake, it will be laughable to look at their ranking at the end as well if they only take 17 players. I do hope you know how these rankings are done.

You do you really think that NW and Minnesota's classes are remotely close to Nebraska's right now? It's all because they have a large number of commits.

It's not laughable at all. Minnesota is currently at the same star average that Iowa generally ends up at the end of the recruiting cycle. And Fleck just got there. But like I say, they've already got the hay in the barn, and I'm sure some of these kids were kids that you were trying to lure to Iowa.

I think you need to realize that in the future you are going to compete with Minnesota for recruits a lot more than you will with us. So in essence, they are stealing some of your recruits right now.

Um he was claiming credit for Nebraska's past success by saying they were a "pipeline" for OL to the NFL. Riley and his staff have barely put any OL in the NFL over his career.
He tags restorethepipline because je knows it isnt here yet. Cav congradulates kids in the NFL from nebraska, nothing wrong with that. I like that he envolves former players and i dont see him taking credit cor their success.

New Brian should worry about Brian. If his product is that much better, what Minnesota, Iowa St and Nebraska are doing or saying on the recruiting trail shouldn't matter.

He looks like a whiny bitch when he complains about Minnesota and Iowa State offering tons of players early and he comes across as a petulant child when complains that Nebraska "undeservingly" calls themselves The Pipeline, because in his mind, his daddy's team deserves it more.

It reminded me of BoBo the clown to be honest. Immature, but Brian is a coordinator, Bo was a HC. When Bo lost out on guys like Owa it was like they made a huge mistake in his eyes. Unrealistic to have such a worldview. If Iowa fan thinks that's a "breath of fresh air" breathe it in Iowa fan, but there's stank on it that unfortunately Nebraska's fans have witnessed with Bo's defeatist attitude. Embrace it Iowa if you want...

Reactions: Mack In Motion
It's not laughable at all. Minnesota is currently at the same star average that Iowa generally ends up at the end of the recruiting cycle. And Fleck just got there. But like I say, they've already got the hay in the barn, and I'm sure some of these kids were kids that you were trying to lure to Iowa.

I think you need to realize that in the future you are going to compete with Minnesota for recruits a lot more than you will with us. So in essence, they are stealing some of your recruits right now.
Lol. Answer my question before I decide if I can decide if you're crazy or not. Do you think, at this time, that NW and Minnesota have a class that is within 3 schools of Nebraska? (Btw, this is a compliment to Nebraska's class )

Exactly. I don't know if we'll have much luck convincing these Iowa folks that though. Riley and company have had the same number of OLine players drafted as Iowa has since coming to NE. The kids coming in are at a different talent level than those they had coming to OSU.
I explained this up top but Iowa has been young on the OL the past two seasons. Both senior linemen have signed FA contracts with the NFL. Everyone else has been an underclassman. The 2018 draft will be littered with Iowa linemen. The best lineman might even be the junior center that picked Iowa over Ohio State.

There are too many nicknames to keep up with it seems.

Since we are gunna continue being offended of other school's traditions let me tell you how much "The Swarm" offends me!

You do know bees are dying at an alarming rate right? Maybe think of the bees first before naming yourself that.

Perhaps I'm stoned, but I always read the whole "restore the pipeline" thing as a reference to Nebraska's historical connections to coastal regions/schools. The fact that due to our geographic location, lack of population, etc., we are forced to recruit nationally in order to compete at a high level.

I never thought it referred to specific positions, offensive lineman for example. Not surprising Iowa fans want to veer/focus the conversation in the direction of that position. They have been great at putting OL into the NFL.

See what you did there, and I AM laughing...good work!:)

The REAL question is...would this guy even have a college job if his dad was not the head coach? Seriously do not know...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT