ADVERTISEMENT

Little ferentz issue??

baseball31ne

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 8, 2002
Is the son carrying on the Dads grumpy ways, as he talks about other Midwest teams?

I'm not sure he said anything that wasn't true.

I would only say it would be wise to wait until you have had some high level success before you comment on the way other teams do things.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I'm not sure he said anything that wasn't true.

I would only say it would be wise to wait until you have had some high level success before you comment on the way other teams do things.

Who is beating their chest and taking false credit for guys being drafted?

Also I don't believe Cav is trumpeting Pipeline as a way to talk about his accomplishments at Nebraska. I just think he is using it as a conduit to the past successes and what it should be here.

Little Brian is just trying to drum up some interest for his boring black and yellow team.

He is like the 45 year old white guy trying to trash talk at a Y pickup game with other 45 year old white guys.

Reminds me of the song Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Our subject isn't cool but he fakes it anyway

He may not have a clue and he may not have style

But everything he lacks, well he makes up in denial

So don't debate a player straight, you know he really doesn't get it anyway.

The world needs wannabes, hey hey do that brand new thing.

Agreed, I don't feel like Cav is trying to take credit for anything...but who knows what coaches say on the recruiting trail.

I think the gist of what meant by "pipeline" is as follows:

I get sick of hearing about "the pipeline" when your school no longer develops pros.....and we do"

Again, I think this is pretty much a non-issue.

I can't wait to play them over the next 3-4 years, with our talent level going through the roof, and a true QB running the show the way HCMR, and OCDL want. If we had their recruiting class right now (five 3* guys per rivals) I'd be demanding answers as donor/booster, and be worried about the future. Even if they compete with us, I'm assuming they want to compete with OSU, and Michigan at some point. Our recruiting is putting us in position to do that.

Agreed, I don't feel like Cav is trying to take credit for anything...but who knows what coaches say on the recruiting trail.

I think the gist of what meant by "pipeline" is as follows:

I get sick of hearing about "the pipeline" when your school no longer develops pros.....and we do"

Again, I think this is pretty much a non-issue.

That's a Little Brian issue then. It's the typical Iowa "no one talks about us" pity party.

I can't wait to play them over the next 3-4 years, with our talent level going through the roof, and a true QB running the show the way HCMR, and OCDL want. If we had their recruiting class right now (five 3* guys per rivals) I'd be demanding answers as donor/booster, and be worried about the future. Even if they compete with us, I'm assuming they want to compete with OSU, and Michigan at some point. Our recruiting is putting us in position to do that.

They definitely have some ass beatings coming their way, whether they realize it or not.

You know the rules...provide links, so the rest of us can waste time on our employer's dime.. :Cool:

Reactions: keilwitzg
Isn't there some truth to the statement? The offensive line coach is talking about their pipeline to the NFL when Riley's staff has put 1 OL in the draft.

YES I understand Nebraska used to build tough physical football teams instead of 6'0'' 175lb guys out of California. But I don't think you get to show up at a program and take credit for the past.

Isn't there some truth to the statement? The offensive line coach is talking about their pipeline to the NFL when Riley's staff has put 1 OL in the draft.

YES I understand Nebraska used to build tough physical football teams instead of 6'0'' 175lb guys out of California. But I don't think you get to show up at a program and take credit for the past.

Why does he have no issue with Diaco using the term Blackshirt? He hasn't even coached in a real game, let alone put any dudes in the league from Nebraska.

To the average, knowledgeable football fan, The Pipeline is synonymous with Nebraska football like the term Blackshirts is.

Why does he have no issue with Diaco using the term Blackshirt? He hasn't even coached in a real game, let alone put any dudes in the league from Nebraska.

To the average, knowledgeable football fan, The Pipeline is synonymous with Nebraska football like the term Blackshirts is.
Blackshirts is a nickname not a fact or taking credit for anything. I have no problem with Diaco saying they need to get back to Blackshirt football. But if he was saying here I am and I guarantee we will have old Blackshirt football this year because this is Nebraska I think some Nebraska fans would have pause with that.

It's not just Nebraska. I think there was just a problem with a coaching staff showing up and trying to ride on the programs past. Maybe it is time to let some of that go and build his own legacy.

Little Ferentz is just pissed that he sucks at recruiting, and he's letting Fleck and our coaching staff know that he's mad that his dad gave him all of the boring genes from his loins. The Ferentz gene is drier than a rice cake with a side of melba toast.

Blackshirts is a nickname not a fact or taking credit for anything. I have no problem with Diaco saying they need to get back to Blackshirt football. But if he was saying here I am and I guarantee we will have old Blackshirt football this year because this is Nebraska I think some Nebraska fans would have pause with that.

It's not just Nebraska. I think there was just a problem with a coaching staff showing up and trying to ride on the programs past. Maybe it is time to let some of that go and build his own legacy.

Sounds like jealousy because the Suckeyes don't have any cool nicknames associated with their program.

Sounds like jealousy because the Suckeyes don't have any cool nicknames associated with their program.
I'm for once trying to have a civil talk on the Nebraska board for once and then you pop in.

And I could care less about nicknames? I don't even know what blackshirt means

Funny thing is that Iowa and Nebraska have the same number of draft picks and the same number of OL draft picks since Riley took over.
This is not true at all. Iowa has had 3 including a 1st round pick, where Nebraska has had 1 since Riley has been around. A quick google search will tell you this.

There isn't much to debate with Ferentz success in putting OL in the league.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
I'm for once trying to have a civil talk on the Nebraska board for once and then you pop in.

And I could care less about nicknames? I don't even know what blackshirt means

I was in this conversation first, so I didn't pop in, you did. And you popped in defending your ill informed new OC.

I come here to discuss Nebraska sports topics with Nebraska fans. If I wanted to hear from an Iowa fan, I'd either fart or visit your forum

Last edited:
Here are some more facts to consider:

Nebraska actually has had five players selected in the NFL draft in the last two years. One — current Ravens guard and 2016 draft pick Alex Lewis — was an offensive lineman. Since starting play in the Big Ten, NU has had one other offensive lineman — current Redskins guard Spencer Long — drafted into the NFL.

Iowa has also had five players selected in the NFL draft in the last two seasons. Same as Nebraska. The Hawkeyes have had one offensive lineman — center Austin Blythe — selected in that time. Same as Nebraska. But Iowa has had four other offensive linemen — including first-rounder Brandon Scherff — picked since 2011.

I was in this conversation first, so I didn't pop in, you did. And you popped in defending your ill informed new OC.

I come here to discuss Nebraska sports topics with Nebraska fans. If I wanted to hear from an Iowa fan, I'd either fart or visit you page.
Well here is another Nebraska topic, since Riley has been at Oregon State and Nebraska he has had a grand total of 5 OL drafted in the NFL. I don't think that sits well with what Nebraska fans want out of their football program.

more-popcorn.gif

This thread is about Riley's "pipeline" for OL to the NFL. After 14 years he's finally had enough OL drafted to form one offensive line unit.

More ill informed jibberish from an Iowa fan. The thread was never about Riley "pipeline". It was about your blow hard offensive coordinator's attempt to question Cavanaugh's use of "the Pipeline" in his recruiting pitch as if he was claiming credit for the past success of the Nebraska offensive line.

More ill informed jibberish from an Iowa fan. The thread was never about Riley "pipeline". It was about your blow hard offensive coordinator's attempt to question Cavanaugh's use of "the Pipeline" in his recruiting pitch as if he was claiming credit for the past success of the Nebraska offensive line.
Um he was claiming credit for Nebraska's past success by saying they were a "pipeline" for OL to the NFL. Riley and his staff have barely put any OL in the NFL over his career.

I believe it's at the end of this segment. Personally I believe that it actually has less to do with Nebraska and more to do with how Iowa recruits, how they offer, etc and Ferentz actually says that at the end. That these new coaches and social media things like Nebraska's Pipeline will actually speed up Iowa's recruiting processes up a bit. We'll see about that I guess. Really not dumping gas on the fire imo. I think that people like Sean Callahan need a reality check or a reminder of what a Nebraska rivalry should look like. Sean and fans like him need to stop with the rivalry talk. If Iowa is our rival than so was Mizzourahh
Remember when a rivalry actually meant something? Like winning a conference or going to the National Championship game by beating a rival? Iowa shouldn't be Nebraska's rival, it's glorified water cooler/fantasy football smack to me--->meaningless
Also fans who try to raise the stakes by saying this is a make or break year for Riley (competing for championships, having a high program standard of winning) while saying Iowa is our rival need their head checked.

Um he was claiming credit for Nebraska's past success by saying they were a "pipeline" for OL to the NFL. Riley and his staff have barely put any OL in the NFL over his career.

He uses the term "Restore the Pipeline". Not at all taking credit for anything. Your attempts to make this about Riley and Cavanaugh taking credit for anything Nebraska accomplished in the past are feeble and quite frankly starting to bore me.

Carry on.

You do know that our offensive line was nicknamed "The Pipeline"? I am not sure you get the concept that the "The Pipeline" is the exact same thing as "The Blackshirts".

I think your point of view comes from the fact you believe they are calling it a literal pipeline to the NFL when it was just a nickname.

You said yourself you didn't have a problem with Blackshirts, why the issue with Pipeline?

I think Brian is a breathe of fresh air. He has the balls to say what his dad wants to say. He made comments about Minnesota and ISU throwing out a million offers to guys and how an offer from Iowa means something. I'm not quite sure on the point of talking about Nebraska though.

Word is that the Iowa SID asked the show to ask him about recruiting so it could have been a media ploy, which is working.

The Hawks have had good success with guys making NFL rosters on the OL through FA. That plays into it as well.

I don't know that you can point to the pst two years and compare how many guys Iowa has had drafted on the OL because they have been real young. The 2018 draft could see 3 or 4 OL get drafted. Depending on if James Daniels forgoes his senior year.

You do know that our offensive line was nicknamed "The Pipeline"? I am not sure you get the concept that the "The Pipeline" is the exact same thing as "The Blackshirts".

I think your point of view comes from the fact you believe they are calling it a literal pipeline to the NFL when it was just a nickname.

You said yourself you didn't have a problem with Blackshirts, why the issue with Pipeline?
That's interesting. I've never heard that nickname.

Here is an article from last year, maybe you should read it, learn what is actually being discussed, and then we can all have a 'civil' discussion. Coming here with your alternative facts really takes away from the civility of any discussion between io_a and husker fans. Please notice all the times revive and restore are used, I am trying to make it easy for you to follow.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...e-tradition-producing-great-offensive-linemen

There are too many nicknames to keep up with it seems.

There are too many nicknames to keep up with it seems.
We are not the ones throwing out "Bucky" or "Herky" or "Sparty" ect... We have tradition and a big part of that tradition is the "The Pipeline" and "The Blackshirts"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT