ADVERTISEMENT

12 Team Playoff Qualifier Format Approved

I still haven't heard anything about what they're going to do with bowl games . Maybe I missed it. But if you

Yep 96. Over 1/2 of the football team had the flu. Texas threw it on 4th down and caught us sleeping
cfp officials stated that the four quarterfinal games and two playoff semifinals will be played in new year's six bowls on a rotating basis.

one would presume that the remaining bowls will continue as before. they'll just have an even less meaningful place. "opting in" will be the exception, i suppose.

I still haven't heard anything about what they're going to do with bowl games . Maybe I missed it. But if you

Yep 96. Over 1/2 of the football team had the flu. Texas threw it on 4th down and caught us sleeping
His best team ever lost there too.

cfp officials stated that the four quarterfinal games and two playoff semifinals will be played in new year's six bowls on a rotating basis.

one would presume that the remaining bowls will continue as before. they'll just have an even less meaningful place. "opting in" will be the exception, i suppose.
Right but are the losers of games 5-12 done after the first round 🤔

Right but are the losers of games 5-12 done after the first round 🤔
Will those 1st round games be treated as home games or bowl games ticketwise meaning season ticket holders and few for visiting teams or split evenly with home and visitors? Would be short turnaround to manage them for both ticket offices

So ND has to be in the highest 7 teams to make the playoffs and could likely knock a higher ACC team out..
I absolutely hate ND - they have their nose up in the air and are basically saying they don't need to join a conference and are better than everyone else. Kick those a-holes out.

Reactions: scarletred
I absolutely hate ND - they have their nose up in the air and are basically saying they don't need to join a conference and are better than everyone else. Kick those a-holes out.
They aren’t better than everyone else

But they are better than all but a small handful

Not many can demand the cash they’re able to on their own. Maybe 3 or 4 schools and that’s it.

I’ll never understand the elitist mindset required to want to kick schools out of anything.

Not many can demand the cash they’re able to on their own. Maybe 3 or 4 schools and that’s it.

I’ll never understand the elitist mindset required to want to kick schools out of anything.
Not kicking ND out of anything. They're free to join the new CF setup - NO ONE is stopping them. If they choose not to, then adios.

Oh, okay.
The point is that the major powers - the B1G and SEC - want to play at the new rules and they should be free to do so. They can play for their championship. Let ND and anyone that chooses to follow them play for whatever championship they choose. I don't think Alabama, OSU, Georgia, Michigan etc....need ND and the other Mickey Mouse schools like they need the big boys. End of story

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_

No they think their better than any else.. yea yea yea not many.
Who is kicking them out of what?

correct, as well as when they beat tcu last year. that's why i have never favored these conference championship games. in '98, it cost k-state a national championship game.
I personally would be fine ending these dumb CCG and starting the playoff right then and there. But they generate too much money.

The point is that the major powers - the B1G and SEC - want to play at the new rules and they should be free to do so. They can play for their championship. Let ND and anyone that chooses to follow them play for whatever championship they choose. I don't think Alabama, OSU, Georgia, Michigan etc....need ND and the other Mickey Mouse schools like they need the big boys. End of story
elitist

I like/liked a 3 team limit per conference. And yes the best conference deserves more bids, but no more than one more beyond the other P5 conference bids. But I don’t think that’s how it will be, I suspect the SEC will get 2-3 more bids over the other P5. It will be excessive and self serving for ESPN.
There is no P 5 going forward. If the best means 4-5 from SEC 4-5 from Big ten and then 3 champions from 3 other scab conferences oh well. Nebraska is in the P2 so really who cares about the rest?

Reactions: rrdd2021
Nothing to do with hate for me. It's just reality. There are perks to joining a conference and downsides to joining a conference. In this case it appears ND is at a disadvantage by remaining independent.

There is no P 5 going forward. If the best means 4-5 from SEC 4-5 from Big ten and then 3 champions from 3 other scab conferences oh well. Nebraska is in the P2 so really who cares about the rest?
What is a P2?🤔

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I just don't give a fvck what Notre Dame does in all honesty. If they're good enough to get into the playoff they will... if not, I won't shed a tear for them...I also don't really care about their potential first round bye either. Ranks as a big fat nothingburger to me.

Eventually more likely yes.
ACC and Big 12 are still Power conferences so for now it’s P4.
Yes but just clarifying what the p2 means. Even John Kurtz, huge b12 youtube information guy, has conceded the fact that the p2 are in position of strength and wealth, leading the charge forward and will determine the future of college football moving forward.

The 5+7 2 year plan is sheer brilliance to force ND into a conference (probably b1g). At that time the final dominoes will fall and align into p2

Yes but just clarifying what the p2 means. Even John Kurtz, huge b12 youtube information guy, has conceded the fact that the p2 are in position of strength and wealth, leading the charge forward and will determine the future of college football moving forward.

The 5+7 2 year plan is sheer brilliance to force ND into a conference (probably b1g). At that time the final dominoes will fall and align into p2
So with that said, assuming ND goes to b1g for 19, who gets added to make 20? Uva?

Who does $ec add to get to 20? Need to add 4.

Miami
Fsu
Clemson
NC
NC St
Duke????
?????

Sorry some of this is regurgitation since we’ve speculated before but big step forward to it this week

Eventually more likely yes.
ACC and Big 12 are still Power conferences so for now it’s P4.
It's the Power 2 now. Pretty much all the major media outlets refer to the B1G and SEC as the Power 2 in terms of money, resources and influence.

The gap will only widen over the next few years.

It's the Power 2 now. Pretty much all the major media outlets refer to the B1G and SEC as the Power 2 in terms of money, resources and influence.

The gap will only widen over the next few years.
Agree as we'll see many of the remaining top schools - outside of the B1G and SEC - scrambling to get in one of the two conferences. The issue for a few is if they have a big following-TV market

Needless to say, it was a great-smart move for Nebraska to get in the B1G

Agree as we'll see many of the remaining top schools - outside of the B1G and SEC - scrambling to get in one of the two conferences. The issue for a few is if they have a big following-TV market
Collective bargaining with 70ish D1 teams would far surpass two conferences negotiating & competing for themselves.

My hope is for unifying (because the resulting product is far better for far more people) as opposed to ostracizing.

Collective bargaining with 70ish D1 teams would far surpass two conferences negotiating & competing for themselves.

My hope is for unifying (because the resulting product is far better for far more people) as opposed to ostracizing.
this seems so obvious, kk, yet seemingly lost on despots like sankey who is driven to destroy the collegiate model as we know it. he alone is mostly responsible for bringing down the p12 by taking texas and ou needlessly thus causing the b10 to take their four. it's all about bravado driving these "leaders" as they pursue killing the golden goose in search of its foie gras.

this seems so obvious, kk, yet seemingly lost on despots like sankey who is driven to destroy the collegiate model as we know it. he alone is mostly responsible for bringing down the p12 by taking texas and ou needlessly thus causing the b10 to take their four. it's all about bravado driving these "leaders" as they pursue killing the golden goose in search of its foie gras.
they were just responding to corresponding moves

the B1G destroyed college football as we know it, and Coach Osborne's hands cannot get clean

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Walleye79
they were just responding to corresponding moves

the B1G destroyed college football as we know it, and Coach Osborne's hands cannot get clean
The 1984 Supreme Court case destroyed college football as we know it. It just took about four decades to come to fruition.

And for the record, there was no corresponding move. OUT going to the SEC is what launched the current realignment craze we are in now, which is completely stupid and has ruined what made college football unique. The SEC is just as guilty as the B1G in that regard.

Everything is about media rights. So of course the two most powerful conferences were going to expand and consolidate their power at the expense of everyone else.

Whether you agree with Nebraska's move to the B1G or not, there is no denying the program is in better shape than it would have been if they were left in the Big 12 or any other conference. Only bias against the Power 2 could warp that reality.

Ask Washington State and Oregon State.

The 1984 Supreme Court case destroyed college football as we know it. It just took about four decades to come to fruition.

And for the record, there was no corresponding move. OUT going to the SEC is what launched the current realignment craze we are in now, which is completely stupid and has ruined what made college football unique. The SEC is just as guilty as the B1G in that regard.

Everything is about media rights. So of course the two most powerful conferences were going to expand and consolidate their power at the expense of everyone else.

Whether you agree with Nebraska's move to the B1G or not, there is no denying the program is in better shape than it would have been if they were left in the Big 12 or any other conference. Only bias against the Power 2 could warp that reality.

literally every move the SEC made followed one made prior by the B1G

nobody is arguing the bolded. most everyone agrees being part of something that sucks is better than the alternative (I guess).

Jesus, that should be a no-brainer. Great move by Nebraska

financially. there's nothing else that's improved by moving, particularly football, the bell cow.
it's all about TV eyeballs now and with the B1G controlling 53% of all TV markets which is mind-boggling, I have to believe that Nebraska's exposure is far, far more in the B1G than what's left of the Big 12 or whatever it is now. Also, isn't 2026 the year that each B1G school gets $90 to 100 million ?

Last edited:
it's all about TV eyeballs now and with the B1G controlling 53% of all TV markets which is mind-boggling, I have to believe that Nebraska's exposure is far, far more in the B1G than what's left of the Big 12 or whatever it is now. Also, isn't 2026 the year that each B1G school gets $90 to 100 million ?
he said financials are the only thing that's improved

which is also incontrovertible

literally every move the SEC made followed one made prior by the B1G

nobody is arguing the bolded. most everyone agrees being part of something that sucks is better than the alternative (I guess).
Ah, so they just follow the lead of the premiere conference. Gotcha lol.

In all seriousness, it's doesn't matter who started what. Only the reality of the current situation. I just push back on people that push this weird narrative that somehow the SEC isn't blameless for the mess the sport is in.

I'm just happy that my team is in one of the power conferences, for now. They need to start winning, though, lest they end up back in the Big 12, where they can be happily irrelevant.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT