ADVERTISEMENT

JV/Freshman Football - NCAA

bleedhuskerred

Sophomore
Oct 7, 2003
We were talking about this at work after reading about Parrella playing on the Husker JV team and we were wondering when this went away and why? Was it a Nebraska decision to stop because other schools were not fielding a team at the JV/Freshman level or did the NCAA put a stop to it?

TIA

Reactions: GretnaShawn
NCAA put a stop to it. Freshman team used to play several games against the likes of various junior colleges and some other D1 freshman teams. As I recall, our freshmen regularly one by 6 or more touchdowns. Don't recall exactly when it ended. I thought NCAA ended it in the 80s. I am surprised to hear it was still around when he was a freshman.

Reactions: bleedhuskerred
We were talking about this at work after reading about Parrella playing on the Husker JV team and we were wondering when this went away and why? Was it a Nebraska decision to stop because other schools were not fielding a team at the JV/Freshman level or did the NCAA put a stop to it?

TIA
The military academies still use a JV program as a means to develop players. They mostly play junior colleges.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT