ADVERTISEMENT

Glass half full

Do think CO’s D will be better or worse?

Our O was decent if we didn’t have the turnovers and I would expect to hang over 30 on CO. Not saying Minny is world beaters, but would say they are better defensively than what Sanders is rolling out.
CU's corners are better

not that we should see them at all given our passing game

Back in the day there were games where it wasn't clear if NU would ever throw the ball. Maybe try that against CU.
I'm optimistic about our D. They look well-coached and played well in all phases. I think the CU game will come down to who doesn't turn the ball over or make bonehead penalties.

I'm optimistic about our D. They look well-coached and played well in all phases. I think the CU game will come down to who doesn't turn the ball over or make bonehead penalties.
Chris Farley GIF by Leroy Patterson

I hope a reporter grills Rhule as to why in the hell Ervin didn’t get more touches and why would you give it to Grant when the game is on the line. I want to know what the f they were thinking.
Rhule said it was the RB coach who put Grant in for that specific play. Said ‘it’s a play he normally runs well’.

I’m just the messenger. It really hurt when Ajay Allen transferred. And I have no idea why anyone on the coaching staff thought it was a good idea to put Grant in when every defender is putting max effort to strip the ball away…madness.

The offense has potential, it just doesn’t seem to know what it wants to be. I get being able to be “multiple”, but this mix of spread/power run/option is discombobulated. Too many formations/personnel groups, it’s not a wonder why there was so many procedural penalties.
A snap count and discipline need to happen no matter the formation. The formation or personnel groups have nothing to do with that. Different formations are meant to give you an advantage of numbers, make the adjust. If we can't have 11 guys on the field who don't know what to do then we have bigger problems. I coached on HS teams who just as multiple. Because it looks "discombobulated" to some doesn't mean it is.

I saw inspired play all around that didn't get tired. Nobody quit. Special teams didn't embarrass us. They say defense is about effort , well they gave maximum, of course it faltered at crucial times as usual. Our offense is one dimensional . The O line is the same ol story. The QB is a RB and can't seem to make reads . Coaching made bone head calls like the previous staffs. Turnovers and penalties per usual all contributed to another close loss. Phuck moral victories. This was another loss that shouldn't have happened, new staff or not. At some point, some year this team will figure out that they can't have stupid penalties and turnovers. This pathetic story keeps limping along....but shucks its only the first game . Come on guys it's ok, lets all hold hands and sing Go Big Red.

We're a better coached team. That was noticeable more on special teams and defense. For anyone who wants to argue that, go back and review the crap we just went through.

But the points you are making are valid. I don't know why Ervin didn't get more carries. Was there a reason that he wasn't in the game at that crucial time?

And Sims staring down a single receiver is a big problem. Like it or not, Minnesota is well coached and their defense made plays when they needed it the most.
This - Sims seems to stare at receivers which obviously makes him prone to the TO's

1-1 they will clobber Colorado.
I laugh.

If anyone thinks there are any guaranteed wins on our schedule, you need to have your head checked. QB and O-line play is exactly the same as the 2021 team with that loser... well you know.

I would love to be wrong, but I don't think we go bowling this year unless it's at Sun Valley Lanes.

Agreed. Gotta reel Sims in though or try other Qbs if passing is the goal. Or go more option centric like they were at times and commit to that - warts and all.
It's quite a conundrum. The OLine can't open any holes and the QB doesn't see the field very well.

Rhule should have been put on notice at about 11:00 pm by Alberts. Both of their jobs are on the line big-time.
GTFO. It wasn’t impressive, but I’m hopeful things will improve. I remember watching Rhules team at Baylor and being quite impressed. They made some dumb decisions last night for sure, but let’s hope it’s a one off.

QB is our problem. Our O is 1 dimensional and not even good at that dimension. Its gonna be a big issue this year.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The defense should always be ahead of the offense in fall camp and the first couple games. Hopefully the offense can improve, but I was pleased with the run defense. Last year when a 1 win NW team hung up 530 yards I knew we were in trouble and we saw that with losses to G Southern and smoked by Oklahoma.

Take some pressure off Sims with run heavy RBs and use the damn tight ends please.
Too lazy to look through all the thread, but how much was Fidone targeted last night?

Hmmm..I’ll go glass completely empty. We are paying a shitload more money to new coaches to lose exactly the same way as Frost. Rhule made a big deal on how strong we’ll be in the 4th. We gave up 10 in 2 minutes at the end. He made a huge deal bringing in a “pro prospect”, QB that is clearly not up to the task.

I saw the same bone-headed Frost-level mistakes. Why the hell do you play an RB with butter fingers? WTF could they possibly be thinking? This is bush league shit.

Yes it was the first game, yes rhule always only wins a couple his first year. Whatever. I expected better.
Way too pessimistic of a take after the first game.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT