ADVERTISEMENT

We can still win the west…

RBigredMax

Senior
Mar 23, 2023
That may feel like being the skinniest kid at fat camp but our defense is good enough to win the west this year.

I don’t disagree with Rhule that our team is better than what they look like the past two games. I think our O is serviceable but has zero chance to show it due to Sims’ lack of football IQ.

The challenge for the coaching staff is you have to make a decision at QB to determine if they are going to let their pride completely shred the morale of the team or if they are going to eat some humble pie and at the very least hold him accountable by benching him if this continues.

I’m not saying he has to name HH the starter but make HH playing a possibility at the very least.

The West is absolutely a dumpster fire - we could go on a nice run after Michigan.

what does that even mean?
He means that it is pathetic that we are already 0-2 and clearly on our way to another season of shit. He means it is pathetic that we all know that our season is over already. Same as for the past six years. Nothing new. Nothing has changed. Same keystone cops mistake prone football

That may feel like being the skinniest kid at fat camp but our defense is good enough to win the west this year.

I don’t disagree with Rhule that our team is better than what they look like the past two games. I think our O is serviceable but has zero chance to show it due to Sims’ lack of football IQ.

The challenge for the coaching staff is you have to make a decision at QB to determine if they are going to let their pride completely shred the morale of the team or if they are going to eat some humble pie and at the very least hold him accountable by benching him if this continues.

I’m not saying he has to name HH the starter but make HH playing a possibility at the very least.

The West is absolutely a dumpster fire - we could go on a nice run after Michigan.
Love your optimism but the original goal in Rhule Year 1 was to go to a bowl game. With our play on Offense that is in SERIOUS jeopardy.

Reactions: cavalot
We will not win the West. We do not have a P5 caliber QB on our roster.

That’s it, we probably have an overall roster (outside of QB) good enough to win the west. Not a great roster, but probably good enough if we had someone with pulse at QB. In the end it’s the most important position on the field, and we probably have the worst QB room in CFB. We won’t win the west without a serviceable QB, and it doesn’t appear that we have one anywhere on the roster…

The only thing keeping this team from competing for the West is our QB. Can the kid turn a 180 at this point in his career? Highly doubt it. I think we're stuck with him and his turnovers unfortunately.

I had this team winning 8 games. Now maybe there's a 30% chance of even making a bowl.

The only thing keeping this team from competing for the West is our QB. Can the kid turn a 180 at this point in his career? Highly doubt it. I think we're stuck with him and his turnovers unfortunately.

I had this team winning 8 games. Now maybe there's a 30% chance of even making a bowl.
I think the fans will force a QB change at the first turnover if Sims remains the starter. The boos will be like nothing we’ve heard in Lincoln.

I think the fans will force a QB change at the first turnover if Sims remains the starter. The boos will be like nothing we’ve heard in Lincoln.
If I'm in the stadium my boos will be directed at Rhule, not Sims. Sims can't help it if his coach keeps trotting him out there. What's Sims supposed to say, "No thank you."?

We are already 0-1 against the West. Also we are clearly the worst offense in the West right now and I'm willing to include NW in that list. We do not have a QB that belongs in a P5 conference starting for us right now. We do have 3 scholarship QBs and do need to give the backups a shot.
Sorry for having to throw cold water on this completely insane optimism, but not doing so will only make for more disappointment.
We are much worse than last year offensively, but moderately better defensively. That trade off is unfortunate because the primary reason for the dropoff is the loss of a relatively solid starting QB named Casey Thompson.

Reactions: Crisker and Frozone

This would be true (winning the west) of almost every other power 5 program in existence and a good number of G5 programs

Sadly - zero chance for Nebraska

Pathetic for our program that these threads start after 2 games.
You can often tell the approximate age of the poster who starts certain threads. I miss the days of youthful optimism almost as much as I miss Tommy Frazier running wild against Florida for a NC.

We are already 0-1 against the West. Also we are clearly the worst offense in the West right now and I'm willing to include NW in that list. We do not have a QB that belongs in a P5 conference starting for us right now. We do have 3 scholarship QBs and do need to give the backups a shot.
Sorry for having to throw cold water on this completely insane optimism, but not doing so will only make for more disappointment.
We are much worse than last year offensively, but moderately better defensively. That trade off is unfortunate because the primary reason for the dropoff is the loss of a relatively solid starting QB named Casey Thompson.
Minnesota has 3 losses on their schedule (Iowa, O State and Michigan and toss up vs WI). Iowa probably looking like the fittest right now as they only have Penn St from the East.

I feel a little coach Lou Brown - at the moment:)

Game Day What GIF by Laff

Reactions: buckknowsall
If we hadn’t pissed away the Minnesota game, sure. But hard to see it now.

I could hook up with a hot 20 yr old too , Nebraska could have won both games this year. If if's and but's ...Reality check. I will give you just two reasons why it's nearly impossible. ( see last 5 yrs ) We can't or won't stop turning over the ball or getting drive killing penalties. You can't win doing those two things. It's been proven by now.

Reactions: BigRedTed
We do not have a a P5 level QB. We have no real uninjured offensive tackles on the roster. We have below average talent at wide receiver and, despite the hype, at tight end. We have just average running backs.

We will not win the West. We might yet get to six wins and get to a bowl. But to do that we need Sims to stop turning it over, our receivers get open and catch the ball ( I’m looking at you Bullock), our tackles to pass block, and our whole line to pull their heads out of their asses in the red zone. We can win our next two, and with this defense and some improved play on offense we can beat Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois and maybe MSU or Maryland. But even that is a stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT